Elections 2024

c_cubed51

39 minutes ago, nylon10 said:

reminds me of 2 countries in the 1930`s.

Worse think is one side is that scared of the other, they are willing to over look the fact that there was an attack on the very democracy they claim to love and want to protect.

go figure

Tell us more. I'd like to hear it.

1 minute ago, rowlf said:

Tell us more. I'd like to hear it.

We have already covered it a lot Mr Rowlf. Interestingly i was just being sad and re-reading my post. (I know, I know)

All I will say is this on what i believe is the 2nd anniversary. You could be right; it was all smoke and mirrors etc etc and the so called insurrection never happen. 

However, I want you to ponder this Mr Rowlf. Germany we will go 1938 to 1945 (just be board) A lot of the general public believed that the extermination of people in concentration camps etc. That was all propaganda of the Allied forces and that it was not as bad as they claimed. They got a nasty horrible surprise when the true extend of horrors were uncovered.

I see a lot of that with the Republican side of the party. To quote  someone you know very well... It was just Trump being Trump.

It is my believe that DJT did attack the very values on which the US was built on; it was not until he saw it was doomed to fail that he distanced himself from the event.     

1 hour ago, nylon10 said:

reminds me of 2 countries in the 1930`s.

Worse think is one side is that scared of the other, they are willing to over look the fact that there was an attack on the very democracy they claim to love and want to protect.

go figure

Quite.

I remain convinced that in 2024 the USA either stumbles into a civil war, or a dictatorship.

The issue is that the Republican white Christian majority that ran the US throughout the 20th century has ceased to be the majority. The vagaries of the US constitution has allowed them to remain in charge despite not being the majority. But that control is slipping and becoming harder to maintain. So they are seeking to maintain their democratic control by non democratic means.

2 minutes ago, nylon10 said:

We have already covered it a lot Mr Rowlf. Interestingly i was just being sad and re-reading my post. (I know, I know)

All I will say is this on what i believe is the 2nd anniversary. You could be right; it was all smoke and mirrors etc etc and the so called insurrection never happen. 

However, I want you to ponder this Mr Rowlf. Germany we will go 1938 to 1945 (just be board) A lot of the general public believed that the extermination of people in concentration camps etc. That was all propaganda of the Allied forces and that it was not as bad as they claimed. They got a nasty horrible surprise when the true extend of horrors were uncovered.

I see a lot of that with the Republican side of the party. To quote  someone you know very well... It was just Trump being Trump.

It is my believe that DJT did attack the very values on which the US was built on; it was not until he saw it was doomed to fail that he distanced himself from the event.     

Trump probably said a lot of things he shouldn't have said. Just let me for a minute put myself in his place during this interim period of the election.

I've been in his place many times in my life when I raised my arms and looked to the sky and ask 'Why is this happening?' I understand why he would do so, and I can relate to that. There were a lot reasons for him not trusting the election results.

Personally, on a personal level throughout my experiences when the possibility of election fraud was happening, there was an all-out effort to dispel this notion from the citizens. Not so in this case. I could go on forever talking about the smoking gun of the possibilities how fraud could have been committed.

Trump was a businessman that catered to the media for many years. He had his own show but I never watched it. He was arrogant, and everybody said he lied. But he loved the US. When he came down that escalator and said what he said, finally someone was finally speaking to the truth. He wasn't a racist or any of these things. He just thought he could a better job. And he did. I realize you'll never know this by reading the headlines, but his record while POTUS is excellent.

To actually believe that he attempted an insurrection of the USA is ridiculous. If you look at the videos that have been belatedly released the Capitol guards were guiding the protestors inside the building.

This isn't about the survival of Democracy. I don't think many of you even want a Democracy. For whatever hideous reasons many of you desire to be spoon fed via the gov.

And when the US drops to her knees that's where we're going. The countries are already getting in position to take over.

That's just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

Quite.

I remain convinced that in 2024 the USA either stumbles into a civil war, or a dictatorship.

The issue is that the Republican white Christian majority that ran the US throughout the 20th century has ceased to be the majority. The vagaries of the US constitution has allowed them to remain in charge despite not being the majority. But that control is slipping and becoming harder to maintain. So they are seeking to maintain their democratic control by non democratic means.

Racist

18 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I don't think many of you even want a Democracy.

Do you know how a Democracy works?

judging by your answer you don`t.

You scare me Mr Rowlf you really do. For someone your age to believe what you believe worries me greatly. To be the generation so close to WWII as well. You can`t see that DJT is a autocrat; he cares about himself and winning that is it.  

But you will see when and if Trump gets back in and one of his first policies is to change the constitution so he can stand more than 2 terms. Then you might go oh crap but normal republicans will go... oh dear  

The best thing that BOTH Biden and Trump can do is pull out the race. 

4 minutes ago, nylon10 said:

Do you know how a Democracy works?

judging by your answer you don`t.

You scare me Mr Rowlf you really do. For someone your age to believe what you believe worries me greatly. To be the generation so close to WWII as well. You can`t see that DJT is a autocrat; he cares about himself and winning that is it.  

But you will see when and if Trump gets back in and one of his first policies is to change the constitution so he can stand more than 2 terms. Then you might go oh crap but normal republicans will go... oh dear  

The best thing that BOTH Biden and Trump can do is pull out the race. 

With all due respect, I believe you should quit reading the things you do and experience more. I know exactly what Democracy is, and how it works, or should work. Mr. Trump's words don't alarm me because I know exactly where he's coming from.

I believe that both Trump and Biden should stay in the race. It wouldn't be democratic to do otherwise.

Nowadays. I don't know what 'normal' is.

38 minutes ago, rowlf said:

To actually believe that he attempted an insurrection of the USA is ridiculous. If you look at the videos that have been belatedly released the Capitol guards were guiding the protestors inside the building.

That's just my opinion.

To actually believe that DJT did not attempt an insurrection on 6 January 2021 is not just ridiculous, but insane. You believe the few minutes of "peaceful happenings" in the Capitol that day, as carefully edited by TC of Fox News, over the hundreds of hours of tapes which show that actually, the Capitol was being stormed by armed insurrectionists.

You are being led by the nose, rowlf, down a path of destruction.

32 minutes ago, rowlf said:

There were a lot reasons for him not trusting the election results.

No there weren't. There was only one reason. He lost and didn't want to accept it.

34 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I could go on forever talking about the smoking gun of the possibilities how fraud could have been committed.

I don't doubt that you could go on forever talking about something that did not happen. Trump when to Court 61 times making the allegations, but not one of them was found to be true. They are not "smoking guns", they are straight forward lies.

41 minutes ago, rowlf said:

150 police officers were injured in what you try to describe as guided tour and 9 deaths have been attributed to it.

Your seeking to minimise its impact is sickening and shows your support of the terrorist activities of those who tried to overturn a democratic election result.

Shame on you.

Just now, c_cubed51 said:

To actually believe that DJT did not attempt an insurrection on 6 January 2021 is not just ridiculous, but insane. You believe the few minutes of "peaceful happenings" in the Capitol that day, as carefully edited by TC of Fox News, over the hundreds of hours of tapes which show that actually, the Capitol was being stormed by armed insurrectionists.

You are being led by the nose, rowlf, down a path of destruction.

From the MSM you listen to I can understand your feelings. But then there's reality.

2 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

No there weren't. There was only one reason. He lost and didn't want to accept it.

I don't doubt that you could go on forever talking about something that did not happen. Trump when to Court 61 times making the allegations, but not one of them was found to be true. They are not "smoking guns", they are straight forward lies.

150 police officers were injured in what you try to describe as guided tour and 9 deaths have been attributed to it.

Your seeking to minimise its impact is sickening and shows your support of the terrorist activities of those who tried to overturn a democratic election result.

Shame on you.

You literally, absolutely don't know what you're talking about.

4 minutes ago, rowlf said:

It would seem, neither do you.

I am fully aware of the meaning of the word. Racism is the belief that one's race is superior to another. I do not believe any race is superior to another.

I commented that I believe white Republicans are the problem. I do not believe white Republicans are a race. I do not believe white people are the problem, just those who are Republicans. Like you. You are not at fault for being white, but for being an anti-democratic Republican.

2 minutes ago, rowlf said:

From the MSM you listen to I can understand your feelings. But then there's reality.

You are an idiot. How were 150 police officers injured? Was it self inflicted or did the FBI and the Democrats do it?

Edited by Alteredbhoy

1 minute ago, Alteredbhoy said:

I am fully aware of the meaning of the word. Racism is the belief that one's race is superior to another. I do not believe any race is superior to another.

I commented that I believe white Republicans are the problem. I do not believe white Republicans are a race. I do not believe white people are the problem, just those who are Republicans. Like you. You are not at fault for being white, but for being an anti-democratic Republican.

White Republicans belong to a race. Whether you like it, or not. Let me know when things change.

You literally, absolutely don't know what you're talking about.

So explain why Trump lost all the Court cases alleging electoral fraud.

Explain how 150 police officers were injured on a "guided tour".

Your answers are the height of wilful ignorance.

Just now, rowlf said:

I believe that both Trump and Biden should stay in the race. It wouldn't be democratic to do otherwise.

Really and you say you know what democracy is! Looks like you don`t even know how your political system works.

It is not Trump vs Biden it is the Republican candidate vs the democratic candidate. So Trump and Biden pulling out would not be "undemocratic". Just because you believe Trump would beat Biden still does not make it undemocratic if they pull out.

Maybe you should read more Mr Rowlf. I would highly recommend the raise of Mussolini; because you are seeing it happen on US soil.

Also I am going shock people, I don`t thing Biden stands for the Candidate. I think he sees he is not fit for office.  

Just now, Alteredbhoy said:

So explain why Trump lost all the Court cases alleging electoral fraud.

Explain how 150 police officers were injured on a "guided tour".

Your answers are the height of wilful ignorance.

You just carry water for the liberals. What does that make you?

With all due respect, I believe you should quit reading the things you do and experience more. I know exactly what Democracy is, and how it works, or should work. Mr. Trump's words don't alarm me because I know exactly where he's coming from.

Nowadays. I don't know what 'normal' is.

"Normal" in the USA is the gerrymandering of polling districts, the placing of only one drop-off box in the middle of each district, the insistence that certain forms of ID are not allowed at the polling station, the disallowing of people being given water whilst queueing to vote, ... all deliberately put in place to try to make voting by those who do not support the GOP as difficult as possible. 

"Normal" is the stacking of the SCOTUS with partisan people who refuse to abide by any code of ethics or recuse themselves from cases in which they obviously have a vested interest. Who are not voted onto that body, but appointed. The same gripe is true of the House of Lords in the UK.

"Normal" is allowing a convicted criminal to stand as president.

We do know what "normal" is, even if you seem unable to know it when it stares you in the face.

2 minutes ago, nylon10 said:

Really and you say you know what democracy is! Looks like you don`t even know how your political system works.

It is not Trump vs Biden it is the Republican candidate vs the democratic candidate. So Trump and Biden pulling out would not be "undemocratic". Just because you believe Trump would beat Biden still does not make it undemocratic if they pull out.

Maybe you should read more Mr Rowlf. I would highly recommend the raise of Mussolini; because you are seeing it happen on US soil.

Also I am going shock people, I don`t thing Biden stands for the Candidate. I think he sees he is not fit for office.  

But you see, it doesn't matter if he's fit for office.

2 minutes ago, c_cubed51 said:

"Normal" in the USA is the gerrymandering of polling districts, the placing of only one drop-off box in the middle of each district, the insistence that certain forms of ID are not allowed at the polling station, the disallowing of people being given water whilst queueing to vote, ... all deliberately put in place to try to make voting by those who do not support the GOP as difficult as possible. 

"Normal" is the stacking of the SCOTUS with partisan people who refuse to abide by any code of ethics or recuse themselves from cases in which they obviously have a vested interest. Who are not voted onto that body, but appointed. The same gripe is true of the House of Lords in the UK.

"Normal" is allowing a convicted criminal to stand as president.

We do know what "normal" is, even if you seem unable to know it when it stares you in the face.

I would say that's about normal.

2 minutes ago, rowlf said:

White Republicans belong to a race. Whether you like it, or not. Let me know when things change.

I'm sure there must be a few white Democrats around in the USA. Being white is not the issue - being a white Republican is. This is not a racial issue, but an issue of Republicanism.

I would say that's about normal.

Perhaps, in your view, but not democratic. One man, one vote, that sort of thing, you know.

Oh, sorry, you don't know that. Or, you do know that, and it frightens you. The power of the ballot box!

1 minute ago, c_cubed51 said:

Perhaps, in your view, but not democratic. One man, one vote, that sort of thing, you know.

Oh, sorry, you don't know that. Or, you do know that, and it frightens you. The power of the ballot box!

We're a republic remember? It ain't necessarily one man, one vote.

We're a republic remember? It ain't necessarily one man, one vote.

You mean a flawed democracy, I think. 

So that makes it OK to think and act as the GOP does?

You are a sick, deluded man, rowlf. 

The Elephant in the room will yet trample you and your family to death.

Think you will find it does. if the Senate believes a President is unfit for office they can invoke section 25 of your constitution. There for removing said President.

Also, and here is the fact for Biden. Does he believe he is the very best candidate to beat the Republican candidate. I truly believe Biden does not declare sighting his age. After all even the Holy see has set an upper age for voting in a conclave thus an upper age limit for being Pope. Biden is over that age.     

5 minutes ago, c_cubed51 said:

You mean a flawed democracy, I think. 

So that makes it OK to think and act as the GOP does?

You are a sick, deluded man, rowlf. 

The Elephant in the room will yet trample you and your family to death.

Have you been eating those 'shrooms'? Sleep it off!

28 minutes ago, nylon10 said:

Think you will find it does. if the Senate believes a President is unfit for office they can invoke section 25 of your constitution. There for removing said President.

Also, and here is the fact for Biden. Does he believe he is the very best candidate to beat the Republican candidate. I truly believe Biden does not declare sighting his age. After all even the Holy see has set an upper age for voting in a conclave thus an upper age limit for being Pope. Biden is over that age.     

What you say is interesting. When Trump was POTUS he was talked into taking a cognizance test. But not so, Biden.

7 hours ago, c_cubed51 said:

Like one of her predecessors, Helen Clark, Jacinda Ardern used her majority in her second term to foist upon the citizens certain laws, which the polls were telling her were not popular with the masses. She ignored us, and it was clear she would lose the next election, so she ran away. 

I'd say it was a heck of a lot more about her security service advising that they felt they were unable to guarantee her safety that prompted her resignation. I also have no reason to dispute her claim that she was exhausted.

I'm disappointed with Ardern for pulling back from Capital Gains Taxes and  for totally capitulating against Covid. But on Covid it turned out impossible to fight the constant undermining from overseas alt. Right interests - even China lost that war.

Easily the best PM we have had in my lifetime.   Although Clarke was also exceptionally competent.

9 hours ago, rowlf said:

White Republicans so belong to a race, but they are not a race. White Democrats belong to the same race. But White Democrats aren't the ones seeking to maintain majority power contrary to democracy.

Your ability to pick one word and twist it's meaning and context to whatever you want it to be is stupifying.

All humans belong to a race. So in your view identifying that race is racism? Identifying that white supremacists are white is racist?

You are the one who stereotypes and uses racial slurs. You are the one who complains bitterly if anyone accused another of racism. But here you do it needlessly.

You are twisted.

9 hours ago, rowlf said:

What you say is interesting. When Trump was POTUS he was talked into taking a cognizance test. But not so, Biden.

It's interesting that you raise this. We know Trump took a cognizance test because he bragged about how he acted it. But the test contained questions such as identifying an elephant from a choice of animals. A two year old could pass that test.

Do you know that Biden hadn't taken a test Or is it simply that it hasn't been made public.

Trump has made a number of bizarre statements, thinking Obama is still President, forgetting where he his, etc.  You ignore these (like everything else that Trump does), but pick up on the slightest hesitation from Biden (and ignore his stutter).

Strangely you are silent on the obvious brain freezes of Mitch McConnell too.

It seems you are only concerned about the possible mental deficiencies of Democrat politicians and are happy to ignore those in Republicans.

You are openly biased and prejudicial.