Elections 2024

c_cubed51

With elections due to be held in quite a few countries across the globe this year, I thought it might be a good idea to create a forum for members to post any thoughts, opinions, or facts about them.

Let the campaigning begin.

The two elections over which I have interest are the UK and US elections.

The UK election appears to already be a forgone conclusion. ruby is placing his hope in an anti-ULEZ bounce against Labour. But he strangely hasn't commented on last week's report that in it's first three years it accounted for the reduction of over 180 million tonnes of particulate matter from the air of London. Maybe the Telegraph chose not to report it 

The US election will be a precursor to the end of the US world order hegemony. There are so many options for the US to collapse into civil war before or after the election. I think the only way that Trump supporters will not participate in a civil war is if their candidate is shown to win the election legitimately. But Project 2025 is already outlining how a Trump second term will dismantle democracy and implement martial law and a military dictatorship from day one.

Unfortunately for the world, the American economy's domination of the global economy means the turbulence will affect us all. And give China a massive opportunity.

When would be the best time of year to call a general election in the UK, which would maximally enhance the chances of the Tories doing well at the polls? Would they benefit from a low voter turnout? If so, should they call the election in the summer, when people are on holiday?

In the US, I think the only hope for democracy is for every person of colour, every woman, every young person, to come out in force and overcome the many obstacles which have been place in their path to the ballot box and cast their vote. 

Will Trump be thrown off too many State ballots? Will he this year be convicted of any of the 91 indictments he faces? Will he be placed in some sort of confinement? What will the SCOTUS do? How will any of this affect the outcome?

And what about the other Trumpians waiting in the wings? Look at Lauren Boebert, already maneuvering to get herself elected in a different part of the State.

Of course, I shall be following the election in the RSA with interest. The ruling ANC is currently polling at 45%, and the prospect of a hung parliament with the EFF holding the balance of power.

Putin's reelection is probably a foregone conclusion. Will Trump be watching and taking notes?

Will Netanyahu be deposed as soon as the war in Gaza ends? Is this why he wants to prolong it for as long as possible? The Supreme Court has already rejected his proposed judicial reforms, and at least one (former) minister in his government has acknowledged that these proposals and opposition to them were at the heart of Israel's state of unpreparedness on 7 October 2023.

8 hours ago, c_cubed51 said:

When would be the best time of year to call a general election in the UK, which would maximally enhance the chances of the Tories doing well at the polls? Would they benefit from a low voter turnout? If so, should they call the election in the summer, when people are on holiday?

In the US, I think the only hope for democracy is for every person of colour, every woman, every young person, to come out in force and overcome the many obstacles which have been place in their path to the ballot box and cast their vote. 

Will Trump be thrown off too many State ballots? Will he this year be convicted of any of the 91 indictments he faces? Will he be placed in some sort of confinement? What will the SCOTUS do? How will any of this affect the outcome?

And what about the other Trumpians waiting in the wings? Look at Lauren Boebert, already maneuvering to get herself elected in a different part of the State.

Of course, I shall be following the election in the RSA with interest. The ruling ANC is currently polling at 45%, and the prospect of a hung parliament with the EFF holding the balance of power.

Putin's reelection is probably a foregone conclusion. Will Trump be watching and taking notes?

Will Netanyahu be deposed as soon as the war in Gaza ends? Is this why he wants to prolong it for as long as possible? The Supreme Court has already rejected his proposed judicial reforms, and at least one (former) minister in his government has acknowledged that these proposals and opposition to them were at the heart of Israel's state of unpreparedness on 7 October 2023.

So many questions Cubed.

For the UK, I think the Tories will be the party hardest hit by a low turn out. That seems to have been the impression from recent bye elections. The people most likely to stay at home are those naturally Tory voters who accept that the Government does not deserve their vote, but cannot bring themselves to vote for another party.

The only part they could conceivably vote for is the ultra right wing Reform Party, but that's remodelling itself as the Brexit Party again, at a time when the vast majority acknowledge Brexit to have made us much poorer.

According to Trump, the Rep primary elections are already rigged! He will whine and moan every single day. It simply boggles my mind that despite his obvious criminality and sexual assaults, adultery and anti democratic comments, he has so many supporters. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sparkler said:

According to Trump, the Rep primary elections are already rigged! He will whine and moan every single day. It simply boggles my mind that despite his obvious criminality and sexual assaults, adultery and anti democratic comments, he has so many supporters. 

It's indicative of the breakdown of America, which will lead to either a civil war or a fascist dictator ship. The US is sliding slowly but surely to a disaster brought in by right wing paranoia. rowlf is a clear example.

The main beneficiaries of this will be the Russian and Chinese Governments. rowlf, despite claiming he is fearful of these foreign powers, is a stooge for them.

3 hours ago, Sparkler said:

3 hours ago, Alteredbhoy said:

It's indicative of the breakdown of America, which will lead to either a civil war or a fascist dictator ship. The US is sliding slowly but surely to a disaster brought in by right wing paranoia. rowlf is a clear example.

The main beneficiaries of this will be the Russian and Chinese Governments. rowlf, despite claiming he is fearful of these foreign powers, is a stooge for them.

🤣You can't understand because you're told these things and you want to believe these things. 

I'll wait and see how this 'objective' analysis goes of yours goes on this thread! Have you noticed that your favorite MSM outlets have quit using the word 'alleged' in matters concerning Trump?

42 minutes ago, rowlf said:

🤣You can't understand because you're told these things and you want to believe these things. 

I'll wait and see how this 'objective' analysis goes of yours goes on this thread! Have you noticed that your favorite MSM outlets have quit using the word 'alleged' in matters concerning Trump?

Well the rape is no longer "alleged", the Court found that he committed it. Likewise the fraud. And now the Supreme Court in Colorado has found he committed insurrection.

There's no need for "alleged", the Courts have decided.

It isn't MSM that is saying these things, but the Courts. It is though your news sources telling you that it is MSM, because that's all you can understand.

2 hours ago, Alteredbhoy said:

Well the rape is no longer "alleged", the Court found that he committed it. Likewise the fraud. And now the Supreme Court in Colorado has found he committed insurrection.

There's no need for "alleged", the Courts have decided.

It isn't MSM that is saying these things, but the Courts. It is though your news sources telling you that it is MSM, because that's all you can understand.

Rape? He wasn't found guilty of rape. He was found gulty of sexual abuse in civil court for something that was said to have happened over 27 years ago.

Insurrection? How can a court convict a person in which a trial was never held?

Fraud? He has been charged, but not convicted.

Does it ever cross your mind that this may all be politics gone wild? That no other president has had to go through this? Of course not.

If you knew anything about the law and court procedures, you might know that him, his kids and the Trump organisation have already been found to have committed fraud by the judge in the NY fraud trial. That was a summary judgement made on the weight of UNDISPUTED EVIDENCE before anyone was even called to testify.

Oh and as far as I know, EVERY previous president, when he lost an election, did a thing called CONCEDING. They didn’t send a bunch of armed thugs to prevent the peaceful transfer of power. THAT amongst other things is why this is happening to him.

21 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Rape? He wasn't found guilty of rape. He was found gulty of sexual abuse in civil court for something that was said to have happened over 27 years ago.

Insurrection? How can a court convict a person in which a trial was never held?

Fraud? He has been charged, but not convicted.

Does it ever cross your mind that this may all be politics gone wild? That no other president has had to go through this? Of course not.

You don't know what you are talking about, as usual. You show your ignorance of the subject matter, but it doesn't prevent you from spouting your normal ignorant bs.

Trump wasn't found guilty of either rape or sexual assault, because it wasn't a criminal trial. However he was adjudged by the Court to have commited both and found liable to pay damages for the sexual assault.

As for insurrection, the Court had to decide whether or not he was involved in insurrection before deciding whether he could appear on the ballot. It found that he had. There was no requirement on them to have prosecuted him. Again you spout ignorant and inaccurate bs in support of your idol.

As Sparkler has pointed out, he has already been found by the judge to have committed the fraud. The trial is to establish the magnitude of the damages.

The Courts have found him to have commited rape, fraud and insurrection. 

But you dismiss the judicial element of the Constitution as "politics". The whole point of the Constitution is to expressly limit the power of POTUS by keeping the executive separate from the judiciary. Trump has already stated he will break that firewall, but you don't seem to care.

You only care about the Constitution when it delivers what you want. When it doesn't, you dismiss it as "politics". You don't truly believe in American Democracy.

You are part of the problem.

43 minutes ago, rowlf said:

He said the 'other side'. What do you think that means?

He is talking about the Republican caucus. Presumably he means the other Republican candidates. To my knowledge, none of them were as involved in insurrection as he was. Certainly not sufficiently to be removed from the ballot.

9 minutes ago, Sparkler said:

… and you denied he was claiming that the other Rep candidates would cheat, it’s all MSN whatsit propaganda. Clearly that is your opinion not backed up by the evidence of his own video release.

rowlf's claim of MSM manipulation is not his opinion. It's a knee jerk, boilerplate answer that allows him to deny anything and everything. It has been inculcated into him by the lying sources he trusts. They've admitted they lie, but he still trusts them.

It shows who the fool is.

2 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

It shows who the fool is.

Rowlf also loses all of the ridiculous arguments he posts.

He continues to prove he is cognitively impaired.

57 minutes ago, rowlf said:

He said the 'other side'. What do you think that means?

In a video about voting in the Iowa rep caucus… any normal person would think he was talking about the participants in that rep caucus… as far as I am aware, none of them are democrats… durrrrrr!

9 minutes ago, Sparkler said:

In a video about voting in the Iowa rep caucus… any normal person would think he was talking about the participants in that rep caucus… as far as I am aware, none of them are democrats… durrrrrr!

The other side... You know what that means. left, right. liberal, conservation. Democrat, Republican. This is an excellent example for you wanting the state to control your everyday thoughts.

6 minutes ago, rowlf said:

The other side... You know what that means. left, right. liberal, conservation. Democrat, Republican. This is an excellent example for you wanting the state to control your everyday thoughts.

No. It's an excellent example of your failing to see the absolute bleeding obvious in your desperation not to say anything bad about your cult leader.

Remember when he advised doctors to investigate the injection of disinfectant as a cure to COVID? You came up with some stupid excuse for him.

Remember when he told Putin that he trusted him over the IS intelligence services? You argued he was simply telling the truth. 24 hours he said he was lying and you defended him anyway (even though he had made a fool of you).

Now he tells you that the other competitors in the Republican race are cheats, and you defend him saying that he is referring to people not in the race. Maybe he thinks he is in a competition against Putin (who does cheat). But then he probably wouldn't say it Putin's face.

It isn't that he makes you look like a fool, rowlf. It's your desperation never to acknowledge that he is ever at fault that makes you look like a fool.

29 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

He is talking about the Republican caucus. Presumably he means the other Republican candidates. To my knowledge, none of them were as involved in insurrection as he was. Certainly not sufficiently to be removed from the ballot.

You have no personal knowledge. Only that which is whispered in your ear. And there was no insurrection. The MSM calls this throwing chum on the waters to make you feel good. It's the least they can do for you allowing them to inhabit what's left of your mind.

Just now, rowlf said:

You have no personal knowledge. Only that which is whispered in your ear. And there was no insurrection. The MSM calls this throwing chum on the waters to make you feel good. It's the least they can do for you allowing them to inhabit what's left of your mind.

It isn't MSM. It's the US Justice system in the guise of the Supreme Court of Colorado.

But if there was no insurrection, why did you initially declare that there was, but it was a false flag operation by Democrat supporters?

I think Fox News initially declared it as such. Are they now telling you it wasn't an insurrection and they lied to you (again)?

5 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I have no personal knowledge of many things (Australia for example). It doesn't diminish my knowledge. These are matters over which I imagine you have no personal knowledge either. You only know what Fox News tells you that you should believe.

Edited by Alteredbhoy

1 minute ago, Alteredbhoy said:

I have no personal knowledge of many things (Australia for example). It doesn't diminish my knowledge. These are matters over which I imagine you have no personal knowledge either. You only know what Fox News tells you that you should believe.

trump and foxnews. Foxnews and trump. Life is simples, isn't it?

11 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

No. It's an excellent example of your failing to see the absolute bleeding obvious in your desperation not to say anything bad about your cult leader.

Remember when he advised doctors to investigate the injection of disinfectant as a cure to COVID? You came up with some stupid excuse for him.

Remember when he told Putin that he trusted him over the IS intelligence services? You argued he was simply telling the truth. 24 hours he said he was lying and you defended him anyway (even though he had made a fool of you).

Trump was right in what he said to a reporter while with Putin. But you don't know that because don't want to know it. Trump bad. Let's hear from you all the good things Biden is doing.

13 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Trump was right in what he said to a reporter while with Putin. But you don't know that because don't want to know it. Trump bad. Let's hear from you all the good things Biden is doing.

Trump was right, even though 24 hours later he said he was wrong and meant to say the exact opposite?

How do you work that out? So was he wrong when he said he was wrong?

Imho anybody voting For LibLabCon need to go and give their head a wooble as these three parties have got us to where we are today over the past century they have all had a period of power. We have sold all our assets and are now either over three trillion of debt or not that far off, we have fallen down the education tables we are paying off massive PFI deals we sold off our energy our NHS is on the way out and we can’t protect our borders. We rely on food banks to feed millions and millions more will suffer this year and some of those folks have three jobs,

You could fit our armed forces inside Wembley stadium, our roads are third world and we can’t protect our elderly and homeless but lavish billions on foreign corrupt governments we are finished a complete basket case so this time think befor you mark your X as it’s only going to get worse 

29 minutes ago, Newtonylon said:

Imho anybody voting For LibLabCon need to go and give their head a wooble as these three parties have got us to where we are today over the past century they have all had a period of power. We have sold all our assets and are now either over three trillion of debt or not that far off, we have fallen down the education tables we are paying off massive PFI deals we sold off our energy our NHS is on the way out and we can’t protect our borders. We rely on food banks to feed millions and millions more will suffer this year and some of those folks have three jobs,

You could fit our armed forces inside Wembley stadium, our roads are third world and we can’t protect our elderly and homeless but lavish billions on foreign corrupt governments we are finished a complete basket case so this time think befor you mark your X as it’s only going to get worse 

So for whom do you advocate voting?

Anybody but the idiots who are running the asylum. This country is being run by idiots weather it be politicians or the civil service it all needs big change so unless we vote for something different we are going to get more of the same. What was it the definition of madness is to keep on voting for the same thing and expect a different result 🙄

So…. When he reposted a set of comments about Twitter not allowing him to “invoke the insurrection act”.. he was going to invoke the insurrection act against something that you say wasn’t an insurrection? Come on, make up your mind.

If you think that’s all MS thingy, then I suggest you actually pay attention to what Trump posts on his social media.

2 hours ago, Alteredbhoy said:

Trump was right, even though 24 hours later he said he was wrong and meant to say the exact opposite?

How do you work that out? So was he wrong when he said he was wrong?

where did you hear that?

23 minutes ago, rowlf said:

where did you hear that?

He said it in public press conferences. It's on the public record.

It was discussed at length on this forum at the time. You stupidly said Trump was right in what he said and then right again when he said that what he had said was wrong.

You are imbecilic.

5 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

He said it in public press conferences. It's on the public record.

It was discussed at length on this forum at the time. You stupidly said Trump was right in what he said and then right again when he said that what he had said was wrong.

You are imbecilic.

He was correct when he said it, and you are full of shit.

1 hour ago, Sparkler said:

So…. When he reposted a set of comments about Twitter not allowing him to “invoke the insurrection act”.. he was going to invoke the insurrection act against something that you say wasn’t an insurrection? Come on, make up your mind.

If you think that’s all MS thingy, then I suggest you actually pay attention to what Trump posts on his social media.

You seem to have more time and inclination to follow Trump around than do I.

Exactly the opposite actually, but when you enter into a discussion with somebody you do research on the subject at hand so you can point out the obvious flaws in the others point of view. Something you don’t get by only listening to one source of information.

Not made up your mind yet then?

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, rowlf said:

You seem to have more time and inclination to follow Trump around than do I.

I really recommend that you do devote a bit more of your time to becoming better informed about what is happening in your own country. Read up extensively on the 91 indictments that DJT is facing. Inform yourself of the dilemmas the SCOTUS is facing. {For example - should Clayton Thomas recuse himself from one of the cases before the SCOTUS, on the grounds that his wife was certainly involved in the events which it covers?] Quora is not only a good place to read Republican points of view on the man; Dem supporters also post, as do informed people from every walk of life in the USA. It is actually your duty to become an informed voter, rowlf. 

Then do the same for your Congressional representative and your local Senator. 

Then read up about their opponents and compare their track records.

It is actually your duty to become an informed voter, rowlf. 

Edited by c_cubed51

8 hours ago, rowlf said:

He was correct when he said it, and you are full of shit.

But when 24 hours later, he said he had mis-spoken and meant the exact opposite, was he right the too? You said at the time you believed him.

He can say diametrically opposed things within 24 hours of each other and you agree with both of them? 

I think we can all tell from whence the smell of bs is coming.

11 hours ago, c_cubed51 said:

I really recommend that you do devote a bit more of your time to becoming better informed about what is happening in your own country. Read up extensively on the 91 indictments that DJT is facing. Inform yourself of the dilemmas the SCOTUS is facing. {For example - should Clayton Thomas recuse himself from one of the cases before the SCOTUS, on the grounds that his wife was certainly involved in the events which it covers?] Quora is not only a good place to read Republican points of view on the man; Dem supporters also post, as do informed people from every walk of life in the USA. It is actually your duty to become an informed voter, rowlf. 

Then do the same for your Congressional representative and your local Senator. 

Then read up about their opponents and compare their track records.

It is actually your duty to become an informed voter, rowlf. 

It's Clarence Thomas......