More things to ignore

Alteredbhoy

Are we also ignoring the fact that Trump thinks Obama is President, he ran against Obama in 2016, and he is leading Obama in the polls? That he thinks Jeb Bush took the US into the Middle East and that Biden is apparently leading us into world war 2?

and before Rowlf suggests this is “my opinion” they are all things your cult leader had said in the last month… recorded and verifiable.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Yet nothing about the free lunches? Methinks you speak with forked tongue. Not racism. I was married to a woman with a cleft palate....... and she knew how to use it! That was rule 69 in her playbook.

Again, only nonsense from rowlf.

1 hour ago, Rikki said:

Are we also ignoring the fact that Trump thinks Obama is President, he ran against Obama in 2016, and he is leading Obama in the polls? That he thinks Jeb Bush took the US into the Middle East and that Biden is apparently leading us into world war 2?

and before Rowlf suggests this is “my opinion” they are all things your cult leader had said in the last month… recorded and verifiable.

Maybe he has good reason to think that. No matter. If anyone can get a 'like' from dappi, I'm copacetic with whatever they say.

15 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Maybe he has good reason to think that. No matter. If anyone can get a 'like' from dappi, I'm copacetic with whatever they say.

Again, only nonsense from rowlf. He even has to look up words to make himself feel intelligent. 

On 08/10/2023 at 18:02, Alteredbhoy said:

Because we weren't discussing Joe Biden. We were discussing whether DJT is fit to hold public office. And all you have is "what about Joe Biden?". 

But if you discard Trump - and there are many excellent reasons for doing so - you are left with Biden.

You didn't title this thread "The Faults of Donald Trump". Instead you chose "Things to Ignore". 

Therefore I consider it on topic to ask if we're supposed to ignore the senility (or dishonesty) of a man who doesn't know whether or not he's seen images of beheaded babies? 

Not the sort of thing you'd forget in a hurry I would have thought.

32 minutes ago, Ursula Harrison said:

But if you discard Trump - and there are many excellent reasons for doing so - you are left with Biden.

You didn't title this thread "The Faults of Donald Trump". Instead you chose "Things to Ignore". 

Therefore I consider it on topic to ask if we're supposed to ignore the senility (or dishonesty) of a man who doesn't know whether or not he's seen images of beheaded babies? 

Not the sort of thing you'd forget in a hurry I would have thought.

I don't dispute that Biden is far too old to be POTUS, but then so is DJT. But Biden is in my view the least worst of the two.

31 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

I don't dispute that Biden is far too old to be POTUS, but then so is DJT. But Biden is in my view the least worst of the two.

I agree that Biden and DJT are both too old to be POTUS. But DJT is the most worstest of the two. In fact, the most worstest ever in the history of worstest US Presidents.

17 minutes ago, c_cubed51 said:

I agree that Biden and DJT are both too old to be POTUS. But DJT is the most worstest of the two. In fact, the most worstest ever in the history of worstest US Presidents.

He manages to make Johnson, Nixon and Clinton look like paragons of virtue.

I would say Johnson (that be Andrew not Boris :P) was worse from a historical point of view. But here is the thing and it is the sad side of populist politics. It does not matter, Biden could deliver every policy that Trump promise he still be disliked and distrusted. Hell as unlikely as it seems DJT gets found not guilty of what he is charged with. 50% of Americans will still hate him and dislike them and think he is guilty but the system was stacked in his favour. 

Maybe not even in my lifetime but one we are seeing are the bricks and seeds of the end of current democracy.  This is not a US problem it is a western issue. AI and internet are a powerful tool but also dangerous tool. Hell the modern world right now makes Goebbels look like an amateur. Information is power but misinformation is even more powerful. 

The scary thing is the US dose not see it. What a sad state of affairs that a what 75 plus year old man who is under all sorts of investigations and a I am sure he is 80 now man with lets face it question on his health to be answered. They are seen as the best two people in the WHOLE of American to hold what is still the most vital job in the world! Fact is if Biden wanted to stand for Pope in the Vatican he can`t!!! Cardinal electors have retire at 80!!!! But that is who one side of the US believe is the guy!!! Trump is no better, he will blow the populist horn and do the red , white and blue. Who knows he might win.   

Fact is and I only take Mr Rowlf as he is our resident Yank however, something tells me our late dear old friend CottonNash would not be cheering for Biden either. But and as much as certain members belittle and call him stupid etc etc. Right or Wrong Mr Rowlf is the voice of close to 50% of Americans. Sure not your fancy inner city types but rural USA. That can`t be dismissed or if you do it is at your own risk.

On the extreme ends of course you have your Hitler`s and Mussolini`s. Closer to home you ignore a certain bit of your population you end up with a Boris or the year of the three PMs.

I have said it before politics does not care if you hold a Masters in economics. If you ignore or look down at the "mob" and poo poo them that is when shock happens. Hell look back we all called Trump a PR stunt and he get no where near. Well he POTUS and if he wins the Candidate of the Republicans against Biden.... don`t be shocked if we are all going what has American done! However, I will tell you what they did. Dismissed a large percent of voters as Stoopid or racist or homophobic etc etc. From left point of view if you want to win, change up how you view the other side and how you ingage with them. If not that divide builds.      

1 hour ago, nylon10 said:

I would say Johnson (that be Andrew not Boris :P) was worse from a historical point of view. But here is the thing and it is the sad side of populist politics. It does not matter, Biden could deliver every policy that Trump promise he still be disliked and distrusted. Hell as unlikely as it seems DJT gets found not guilty of what he is charged with. 50% of Americans will still hate him and dislike them and think he is guilty but the system was stacked in his favour. 

Maybe not even in my lifetime but one we are seeing are the bricks and seeds of the end of current democracy.  This is not a US problem it is a western issue. AI and internet are a powerful tool but also dangerous tool. Hell the modern world right now makes Goebbels look like an amateur. Information is power but misinformation is even more powerful. 

The scary thing is the US dose not see it. What a sad state of affairs that a what 75 plus year old man who is under all sorts of investigations and a I am sure he is 80 now man with lets face it question on his health to be answered. They are seen as the best two people in the WHOLE of American to hold what is still the most vital job in the world! Fact is if Biden wanted to stand for Pope in the Vatican he can`t!!! Cardinal electors have retire at 80!!!! But that is who one side of the US believe is the guy!!! Trump is no better, he will blow the populist horn and do the red , white and blue. Who knows he might win.   

Fact is and I only take Mr Rowlf as he is our resident Yank however, something tells me our late dear old friend CottonNash would not be cheering for Biden either. But and as much as certain members belittle and call him stupid etc etc. Right or Wrong Mr Rowlf is the voice of close to 50% of Americans. Sure not your fancy inner city types but rural USA. That can`t be dismissed or if you do it is at your own risk.

On the extreme ends of course you have your Hitler`s and Mussolini`s. Closer to home you ignore a certain bit of your population you end up with a Boris or the year of the three PMs.

I have said it before politics does not care if you hold a Masters in economics. If you ignore or look down at the "mob" and poo poo them that is when shock happens. Hell look back we all called Trump a PR stunt and he get no where near. Well he POTUS and if he wins the Candidate of the Republicans against Biden.... don`t be shocked if we are all going what has American done! However, I will tell you what they did. Dismissed a large percent of voters as Stoopid or racist or homophobic etc etc. From left point of view if you want to win, change up how you view the other side and how you ingage with them. If not that divide builds.      

Wise words N10, but I think too late

I fully expect the US to descend into Civil War in 2024. I think the Jan 6th rising was just a pre-tremor of what is to come. Whether that happens when/if Trump is imprisoned, or when/if he is blocked from the ballot, or when/if he loses the election, I don't know.

But I just fear it is coming.

While rowlf proclaims the US Constitution for weakening the voting power of the metropolitan areas containing the greatest number of ethnic minorities, this in my view has been part of the problem. In the last 30 years there has only been one election when the Republicans have won the popular vote. They are a minority party. Their response was initially the Tea Party, playing to their own fears, then Trump and Maga. But the Constitution has shielded them from their unpopularity and persuaded them that they have a right to rule.

I suspect that if they do not win the 2024 election, they will do all they can to take power anyway. We are seeing that in the gerrymandering of election maps. If they do win, then they will do everything, legal ro not, to ensure they aren't removed from power.

People like rowlf are a clear and present threat to Western democracy

12 hours ago, Alteredbhoy said:

People like rowlf are a clear and present threat to Western democracy

I wonder why he refuses to explain in any detail why he supports tRump.

A rational and honest person would happily explain their reasons without any prevarication

3 hours ago, dappi said:

I wonder why he refuses to explain in any detail why he supports tRump.

A rational and honest person would happily explain their reasons without any prevarication

His reason is solely that Trump is not a Democrat. He has no other reason other than his hatred of the Democrats and so he plumps for the front runner in the Republican Party, regardless of anything else. There can be no other feasible reason.

He's a man with no guiding principle other than his hatred of Democrats. Unfortunately he is not alone.

17 hours ago, nylon10 said:

These are your opinions and I believe they are thoughtful and from the heart.

Do you remember a while back when you told me that my viewpoints of these political matters had taken a downhill slide after the 2020 election? (paraphrasing) You were right.

It was because I went to bed that night thinking that Trump had won the election. The next morning, I found out that Biden had won after tabulating the early voting and mail-in votes. Trump asked for, demanded an investigation. He got little credible results.

I have voted in every election my entire life, and it's the first time that election officials didn't bend over backwards to prove their results were honest and accurate. And I'm thinking ab right now claiming conspiracy theories. Which is a well-traveled avenue to prohibit/minimize the possibility of exploring other areas. Butt good ol' ab will never be honest in his remarks. But what is honesty? If you actually believe it, it must be right.

These are times in my life I've never seen before. I'm fairly certain there has been corruption in our elections. But not as openly and accountability.

I will survive this. We will get through this.

But what will we be living through? What do the people believe? What do the people want to believe?

One horrific hole in our political system is that the gov actually cares about blacks, immigrants, gays, transpeople, what currenting trips your trigger. Then why do you suppose they would do the things they do? Anti-Israel flags are currently being waved. I don't know what that's about. But I do know what that's about. Maybe I'll get ab to help me right a book on it.

We've virtually quit building in our country anymore. Someone decided it's good for the planet for us to send the jobs to other countries so that they can destroy the planet while making tons of money doing so. But we all know we're not destroying the planet. It's politics.

In the last few decades we've given China enough jobs and money to buy and sell us. They're buying now. Later they'll be selling. And then there's fumb ducks that will deny this is happening. I can't change it. Others don't want to change it.

Finally, some time back you stated that it's a natural phenomenon for civilizations to die out after a period of time. Based on historical records. I imagine this is true. But I believe the reality is that it wouldn't necessarily have to happen if we didn't want it to happen.

Back to you, grasshopper.

18 hours ago, c_cubed51 said:

This is the wosrtest you've ever said about my country.

25 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

His reason is solely that Trump is not a Democrat. He has no other reason other than his hatred of the Democrats and so he plumps for the front runner in the Republican Party, regardless of anything else. There can be no other feasible reason.

I could 'splain it to ya, but it would kinda be like pissin' in the wind...

1 hour ago, Alteredbhoy said:

He's a man with no guiding principle other than his hatred of Democrats. Unfortunately he is not alone.

It would be good of him to explain his reasoning but I doubt he would be brave or man enough to do so.

3 hours ago, rowlf said:

It was because I went to bed that night thinking that Trump had won the election. The next morning, I found out that Biden had won after tabulating the early voting and mail-in votes. Trump asked for, demanded an investigation. He got little credible results.

You went to bed BEFORE all the votes were counted, Trump brought 60, count ‘em, 60 legal cases, he lost all of them. Now one of his most vocal legal supporters, one who was going to release the kraken… has pleaded GUILTY to attempts to pervert the result of the election by disinformation and subversive schemes that would have changed the correct result. 

Any normal person would call that CREDIBLE.

3 hours ago, rowlf said:

I have voted in every election my entire life, and it's the first time that election officials didn't bend over backwards to prove their results were honest and accurate. And I'm thinking ab right now claiming conspiracy theories. Which is a well-traveled avenue to prohibit/minimize the possibility of exploring other areas. Butt good ol' ab will never be honest in his remarks. But what is honesty? If you actually believe it, it must be right.

You went to bed before the votes were counted. You didn't count any votes. But you believed Trump had won.

Why? You didn't count the votes.

But when the people who actually counted the votes told you that your opinion on the winner based on nothing but your gut feeling was wrong, you accuse them of corruption.

DJT took what little evidence he had of electoral corruption to Court. The Courts unanimously threw it out. DJT ordered to AG to undertake an investigation into the election to uncover the fraud. The AG/DoJ undertook the investigation and found no fraud. DJT continued to claim it was fraudulent and tried to get the decision overturned, by means legal and illegal.

The only evidence you have of electoral fraud is your own desire for it to exist so you don't have to admit that DJT lost.

People like you are a threat to US Democracy. You are in the minority, but refusing to accept it. It's the most common cause of civil wars.

7 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

You went to bed before the votes were counted. You didn't count any votes. But you believed Trump had won.

I'll ask you the same thing. Why are you certain Trump lost. At least I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Just now, rowlf said:

I'll ask you the same thing. Why are you certain Trump lost. At least I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Because the people who counted the votes and had them certified and confirmed by the Courts, said Biden won.

What evidence, other than your desire for DJT to have won did you have to believe he had won, even before the votes had started to be counted?

1 minute ago, Alteredbhoy said:

Because the people who counted the votes and had them certified and confirmed by the Courts, said Biden won.

What evidence, other than your desire for DJT to have won did you have to believe he had won, even before the votes had started to be counted?

Wait a minute! I'm not ruby. It's out there. You just don't want to know. You already have enough that you need to feel good... in some perverted way.

4 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Wait a minute! I'm not ruby. It's out there. You just don't want to know. You already have enough that you need to feel good... in some perverted way.

I asked what evidence you have and your answer provides none.

Maybe before you go to bed tonight you can tell us what will happen overnight.

If you knew that Trump had won the election, why did you also not know that a massive fraud had been committed that would overturn the result? Or was that simply an excuse to explain your inability to predict the result?

Show us the evidence, rather than your stupid and partisan excuses.

3 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

I asked what evidence you have and your answer provides none.

Maybe before you go to bed tonight you can tell us what will happen overnight.

If you knew that Trump had won the election, why did you also not know that a massive fraud had been committed that would overturn the result? Or was that simply an excuse to explain your inability to predict the result?

Show us the evidence, rather than your stupid and partisan excuses.

As if?

He even thinks I care he cannot answer my questions. Who needs him, I get so much positive feedback from people who do not post openly. I don't need his poor answers. He has no idea how unpopular his posts are away from tRump land.

Anyone else with popular or unpopular views does not attempt to hide them. I wonder why rowlf is so secretive about his views?

You said about how we can change the, I will call it narrative because it is by no means proven. About, great empires or civilisations falling Mr Rowlf. That you believe you can change it etc etc. In principle you could be correct. ow I never got back to AB`s post and I mind years ago rubbishing Mr Nash view the US will face civil war. However, in my opinion only! you have already started to crumble and from the very foundation. I know you dislike me saying it but January the 6th regardless of your take on it.... it is a sign of a broken society. You expect things like that to happen in Egypt or Angola. Not the US of A.

We say it a small bit in the referendums here in the UK. I also mind Al Gore claim it as well so it is not new. However, for a democracy to work, even back to Athens and Pericles. You have to believe in the system, not the result but the system. Hell I have had my fair share of waking up and going MAN the Tories again. But never once have I question if it was fair. 

The meer fact that a large section of the US voting population to this day believes.... even after all the court cases were either lost or thrown out. They still believe Trump won. That shows me that the US is in a poor state, As well as broken.

But hey the world keeps turning.    

19 minutes ago, dappi said:

As if?

He even thinks I care he cannot answer my questions. Who needs him, I get so much positive feedback from people who do not post openly. I don't need his poor answers. He has no idea how unpopular his posts are away from tRump land.

Anyone else with popular or unpopular views does not attempt to hide them. I wonder why rowlf is so secretive about his views?

He knows his views are unjustified. That's why he doesn't seek to explain them. He knows his explanations are not credible.

That's why I consider him and those like him to be a danger to Western Democracy.

He wants a system that has successfully given a minority white Christian group undue influence, to continue to do so in opposition to demographic change against it. And he will do anything to keep the power in the hands of his minority.

52 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Just because you read and believe the one-sided 'news', you think you're an expert. A minime ab, Damn, that rhymes!

I don’t read “one sided news” that appears to be the preserve of the good of US of A. The media in the UK has a legally enforceable duty to NOT present bias in reporting and interviewing, as illustrated today by GB news being censured for a biased interview about immigration.

And nothing in the news, one sided or otherwise, changes the facts that the results were challenged legally and every single challenge failed. No evidence of fraud was found, none. Are you really suggesting ALL those people are in on the “steal”?

Fox reported the “fraud” and it cost them a VERY large amount of money because THEY LIED!

6 minutes ago, Rikki said:

I don’t read “one sided news” that appears to be the preserve of the good of US of A. The media in the UK has a legally enforceable duty to NOT present bias in reporting and interviewing, as illustrated today by GB news being censured for a biased interview about immigration.

I've read what you say, and I say that it's one-sided. I don't know about all of UK news, but I do know that BBC is one sided. 

I made a whole slew of statements that you could have commented on, but you chose that one. There are many examples of Dems cheating in the elections on the internet.

16 minutes ago, Rikki said:

And nothing in the news, one sided or otherwise, changes the facts that the results were challenged legally and every single challenge failed. No evidence of fraud was found, none. Are you really suggesting ALL those people are in on the “steal”?

Fox reported the “fraud” and it cost them a VERY large amount of money because THEY LIED!

That's not exactly true, but it seems as though anything you guys suggest is incorrect or half-truths.

I voted for Trump. That in itself is not a crime.

38 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

He knows his views are unjustified. That's why he doesn't seek to explain them. He knows his explanations are not credible.

That's why I consider him and those like him to be a danger to Western Democracy.

He wants a system that has successfully given a minority white Christian group undue influence, to continue to do so in opposition to demographic change against it. And he will do anything to keep the power in the hands of his minority.

Do you laugh at yourself when you talk to yourself? What kind of man would it take to do this? AB!  🤪

1 hour ago, rowlf said:

I've read what you say, and I say that it's one-sided. I don't know about all of UK news, but I do know that BBC is one sided. 

I made a whole slew of statements that you could have commented on, but you chose that one. There are many examples of Dems cheating in the elections on the internet.

It's on the internet? It must be true. Just like everything that about the stolen election that was on Fox News and they subsequently had to admit they knew was untrue. But the stuff on the internet? That's all true.

You are a paranoid and gullible idiot.

How could that US election not have been rigged/stolen when The Donald (stable genius) had been telling them for months that it was going to be. He is a soothsayer and his sooth is never wrong.

Politicians, like God, move in mysterious ways their wonders to perform. Like that time, on Brexit night, when Nigel Farage conceded defeat on Sky News before 11pm, sending the pound soaring only to plummet again when the true result was known.
It was irrelevant that Nigel’s hedge‑fund friends had commissioned exit polls that predicted the correct result, because neither they nor Nigel could have had prior knowledge of those polls; that would have been against the law.
Nigel later said he did not know the poll results until after 10pm. That did not stop him going on TV later in the evening to repeat his belief the Leave had lost.

So it was just a happy accident that they made many extra millions from Nigel’s mistake.

I am a bit worried that you take the internet (a non regulated or control body) Mr Rowlf as cannon. Especially over the courts! Like I can go build a website now and say Nylon10 was the reason England won the world cup in 66. I don`t need to prove it is true or give facts as to why. Some people who wear tin hats and like conspiracies will believe it.