Sign in to follow this  
Bev Andrews

Avoiding Leg Twist

15 posts in this topic

I've recently realised, by wearing a pair of diamond pattern opaques, that I have a tendency to get the second leg of my tights (that is the one I put on second) twisted through 180 degrees.

This is after trying very hard to make sure the second leg is NOT twisted.

Apart from the idea of trying hard and then assuming I've got it wrong, does anyone have any good ploy to stop this happenning?

Or am I the only person here who can't get tights on straight?? :huh:

Perhaps if you put the second leg on first....... :D

Sometimes the tights are just made that way and one has to adjust the second leg half a turn in one dirction or another.

I have just added a picture of myself in grey ribbed tights to the gallery. I did my best to keep them staight.

I hope I succeeded.

kellym.

you are not alone in having that problem, I see it all the time in the street and even my models get it wrong for shoots sometimes.

The key thing is to spot it and then correct the problem starting from the toe.

i find that if i put the first leg on then feed my hand down the second leg and feed it back out and look at the pattern or the toe seam and then slip the second leg on being carefull to pull them up my leg straight that no twist occurs... takes a wee bit more time but looks right

I've recently realised, by wearing a pair of diamond pattern opaques, that I have a tendency to get the second leg of my tights (that is the one I put on second) twisted through 180 degrees.

This is after trying very hard to make sure the second leg is NOT twisted.

Apart from the idea of trying hard and then assuming I've got it wrong, does anyone have any good ploy to stop this happenning?

Or am I the only person here who can't get tights on straight?? huh.gif

Hi Bev,

You could try a pair that has a shaped foot in the pantyhose. When pulling the on to your feetmake sure that the first foot fits snugly and then make sure that the second leg and foot is positioned correctly befor pulling over your foot. Once you have you toe and heel in place, the rest shouls be easy.

Hope this helps.

Jackie

Thank you Jackie, I'll try that.

But as other say, sometimes one just has to try again, and adjust!

Thank you Jackie, I'll try that.

But as other say, sometimes one just has to try again, and adjust!

Hi Bev,

My apologies for my atrocious spelling. It must be time for bed. lol

Good luck with pantyhose. I hope it works out.

Jackie

Thank you.

I've been wearing for years, so you would think I had it sorted - but no!

Thank you.

I've been wearing for years, so you would think I had it sorted - but no!

Hi Bev,

Just checking.

Did it work out for you?

Jackie

Hi Jackie.

I've been monitoring carefully what I was doing over the last two weeks, as I had 8 new pairs of tights to break in. They were from Wolford and Falke, so when new had definite feet and heels. I think I've sorted out my "bunching" prior to putting them on now.

Thanks for the interest

Hi Jackie.

I've been monitoring carefully what I was doing over the last two weeks, as I had 8 new pairs of tights to break in. They were from Wolford and Falke, so when new had definite feet and heels. I think I've sorted out my "bunching" prior to putting them on now.

Thanks for the interest

Hi Bev,

I am glad it is working out for you. There is nothing more comfortable that a nice fitting pair of tights.

Jackie

Hi, Jackie! It has been a LONG time and I'm sorry for that. First off - the business at hand (or foot, if you prefer LOL). I've found that being careful and putting my hand carefully down the other leg is what it takes.

I've been absent for a long while - by choice - not avoiding anyone (especially you).

Jeannie

Hi, Jackie! It has been a LONG time and I'm sorry for that. First off - the business at hand (or foot, if you prefer LOL). I've found that being careful and putting my hand carefully down the other leg is what it takes.

I've been absent for a long while - by choice - not avoiding anyone (especially you).

Jeannie

Hi Jeannie,

I am glad you have worked out your tights issue. It is good to have you back.

I hope your trip went well.

Jackie

xxx

I am glad you have worked out your tights issue. It is good to have you back.

Thanks, hon - 'tis good to BE back.

Hugzzzz

Jeannie