Sign in to follow this  
Sussex Nylons

M&s Tights

14 posts in this topic

My wife bought sa pair of matt and a pair of shine tights from a M&S outlet store last week, as they were only £2 pair. However they must be a few years old as the shine ones looked and felt awful and quite thick for 15d. The Matt tights looked perfect on her legs and felt great with lycra 3d.

However a big word of warning the sizing seemed different. On both pairs after walking for 15 minutes the crotch had sagged so much they were very uncomfortable. Not a problem she normally has with M&S tights. Why does the critch sag? Too big or too small?

We guessed too small so may try a bigger pair or avoid the outlet M&S tights. She never has a problem with the main store tights and stockings.

Anyone else had a similar issue with outlet store hosiery?

Saggy crotch? The key problem is gravity! This is one of the main reasons I switched to stockings!

Seriously though, the sizing from different manufacturers is different. The same brand does not always mean the same manufacturer. I'm afraid it's trial and error and when you find a brand and style you like stick with it.

Thanks Miss P, surely though tights should not fall down that quickly, may have to try a bigger size. Or go back to the current range in M&S and stop trying to a save a couple of quid!!

i think you will find that the cheap M&S tights are really not good... the 3 pairs of opaques for £8 are fantastic though.. i never buy sheer tights from M&S for that reason though... better with charnos or levante sheer tights

I also buy the packets of 3 pairs of 60 denier tights and they are fantastic.

Is that the ones with the 3 different colours navy black and brown.Thats what i usually buy if so

Is that the ones with the 3 different colours navy black and brown.Thats what i usually buy if so

i bought them a few times and they were great... M&S have bad rep with there cheap tights... 3 pairs of opaque tights for £3/4 are going to be horrible... but the 3 pack for £8 are superb.. i have a few pairs i bought in 2008 that are still going strong and i have worn them too work every day in the winter(building trade) but their sheer tights are not worth looking at IMO... i far prefer falke/la perla or charnos 24/7 for sheers..

Hi,

I have only just become a member, so apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

I have just responded to Mr&Mrs RM saying how in general the quality of M&S hosiery has dropped since they introduced their value range.

I don't know if you recall their Salon Rose range designed by Agent Provocateur in recent years - unsupassed in my opinion, but sadly no longer available.

I used to buy a reasonable amount of hosiery from M&S, mostly stockings and hold-ups, but based on quality, I now tend to buy my everyday/work hosiery from Jonelle or Linea.

I feel M&S have lost sight of the importance of good quality hosiery, putting price first at the expense of everything else...!

Lady D x

Just been looking through the topics, am new here, hence late reply. Have to agree with most on here, the M&S value tights arent nice at all. However, have to say (happy to discuss) but I really like Primark tights, great price and great feel.

I used to buy all my stockings and hold ups from M&S but over the last few years there quality and choice has become very poor to the extent I never shop there nowadays

I managed to get some old St Michael items off ebay, fantastic quality and wonderfully smooth. Real shame they're not like that anymore.

I love the old St Michael tights as well. I struck lucky a while ago in a cancer research charity shop. I have got some even older couture, dior, aristoc, pretty polly and waitrose tights in the same batch. The Couture and Dior lacked lycra and sagged a bit by the end of the day but felt truly amazing! Petra x 

outlet  stock is older 

also M+S buy  hosiery  from a number of sources  ( Courtalds, Golden Lady italy, golden lady serbia, various polish suppliers )

Ive worn the 60den opaques(not that my wife knows!)and do find they sag a little mind they feel nice on but do sag around the crotch