Sign in to follow this  
Alex Somerset

300 Denier Tights

24 posts in this topic

Has anyone bought any of these tights which have been advertised on the Asda and Matalan websites. Think I will buy some especially if we are going to get a cold winter.

Alex

No, but I will have to get a pair to try them, I didn't know they made them greater than 50 denier & they seem to be not ribbed which I absolutely hate!

At £4 from asda I will get a pair even though I hate putting tights on, better than cold legs!.

ive seen tights up too 120 den but never that think..... sound like leggings with feet....

Whilst perusing in Matalan recently, I espied a lady inspecting a pair of the aforementioned in a rather dubious looking murky brown hue. Looked sturdy enough to stop a bullet from ten paces.

D

Never hear 300 denier. They may be made by wool or cotton, as my tights.

Asda make 120 den support tights. I don't know more.

Vivi-Ann

Hi Guys, can confirm the existance of these tights, wearing them right now! Very warm and not cotton either

Welcome p_poly.

300 denier... wow, that's like wearing 30 pairs of 10d tights all at once. Can you actually walk in them? :lol:

Do any correspondents have experience of said hosiery? Would they not be prone to causing... overheating (down there)?

300 den!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow. but why? even on the coldest day, 100 den should be ok.

:) 300 denier! Do they stand up on their own? xx

:) 300 denier! Do they stand up on their own? xx

I'm now picturing a pair resembling Wallace and Gromit's 'wrong trousers'. Just don't let any rogue penguins get their hands (flippers?) on your joystick whilst wearing them :blink:.

I currently wear a pair of 200 den Opaque Levante tights and thay are glorious. Lovely soft feel and great under formal or casual skirts. Just coming out of winter here so they will go in the drawer until next year. But don't be put off.

Hi Hunnybun,

What is your verdict. Stand up on their own as suggested earlier or a comfortable addition to your wardrobe to keep the cold weather at bay.

Lol

Jackie

Hi Jackie, i haven't actually tried them on yet, i put my hand in them to see the effect and they have a lovely sheen. Yes they are quite thick, think Bridget Jones and you'll get the idea.

Hunny xx

I have a pair of Merona opaques (denier unknown) and wore them most of the day today (in home only). They are a heavy enough denier that I couldn't even see a trace of the white knickers I had on under them. I just love the feeling of them - they are like "love for my legs".

Jeannie

Hi Jeannie,

They sound lovely. I love to wear opaques in winter, (don't like cold legs) with a nice skirt or dress to work. The thicker tights remind me of the old ribbed tights when I was younger, but they are so much better today>

Jackie

xxx

I like at max 20 den :)

Hi Goodfootboy,

I would have thought that a good thick denier with boots would have been most welcomed by the good ladies of Helsinki.

I think they would definately be in my suitcase if I ever visited your country.

Jackie