Woz.st

The Fishnet Tights Debate

36 posts in this topic

Apparently not if you work in the legal profession:

It seems (pardon the pun) all right to me if worn maybe with the right attire otherwise with a smart skirt, heels (or pumps), white shirt and jacket.

Ihave seen women dressed in the above style, both in black and natural fishnets (first class on a London-bound Eurostar from Paris) and looking smart, although one person I have heard saying seeing a professional businesswoman in black fishnets in a hotel reception (once again in Paris)looking like' a lady of the night'.

But what if one wore them under trousers with a short heel - does that constitute as not looking professional ?

Apparently not if you work in the legal profession:

It seems (pardon the pun) all right to me if worn maybe with the right attire otherwise with a smart skirt, heels (or pumps), white shirt and jacket.

Ihave seen women dressed in the above style, both in black and natural fishnets (first class on a London-bound Eurostar from Paris) and looking smart, although one person I have heard saying seeing a professional businesswoman in black fishnets in a hotel reception (once again in Paris)looking like' a lady of the night'.

But what if one wore them under trousers with a short heel - does that constitute as not looking professional ?

pantyhose anytime not a fan of fishnets look cheap

pantyhose anytime not a fan of fishnets look cheap

I only wear fishnet pantyhose with boots, not with the typical high heels. Think they don't match each other very well either, especially when you want others to treat you professionally at work. Patterned tights are sometimes still acceptable, but not those fishnet pantyhose with big size holes!

i only wear fishnets with colourd ( red, blue, green, yellow etc. ) tights or stockings underneath, just shows them of nicely. :)

I actually enjoy wearing fishnets , I love the feel of them and wore them to work last week with a black dress . I certainly didnt look or feel like a "lady of the night " and as fashion hosiery is totally in fashion now I think its time to wear all the fun stuff if you can. I wear whatever the mood and the outfit dictates and always have fun.

Seams xx

I have worn fishnets as part of a skirt suit for meetings many times. Whilst I would accept hitorically they have been associsted with Ladies of the night and 60's parisienne Show bars they are far more common in today's society as everyday apparel. With the right out fit they can look very classy and chic.......with the wrong one potentially a hooker!

Bottom line if they go with the outfit I think they look and feel great and wear with confidence.

Em x

I aint the biggest fan of fishnets but they can be ok.

I like the small mesh fishnets they are ok and are quite nice.

But can some one answer me this can you catch fish with fishnet tights/stockings :P

If they are ok for seams I am happy with them as well :)

Hi,

From time to time I wear Black Levante micronet hold-ups or tights to work. Worn with a smart business suit and heels they look and feel very feminine.

They are very subtle in their appearance, so from a distance they actual look like a pair of sheer tights or stockings - it isn't until you get up close that you notice the fine mesh...!

Lady D x

They are very subtle in their appearance, so from a distance they actual look like a pair of sheer tights or stockings - it isn't until you get up close that you notice the fine mesh...!

Lady D x

That's what I like about them Lady D...the little surprise at the end i.e. once you get close enough to admire/realise they are actually fishnets, that the woman is wearing :blink::o:D

I like fishnets pantyhose and more holdups, do wear them in both ways with nylons under them or over bare legs. It's a good fashion solution for hot summer days, and with some pairs the looks like normal nylons unless you are very close.

Sadly, I've found that fishnets spend most of the time catching the underside of desks/tables or the zip on my boots sad.gif

It's ironic that I ruin fishnets far more often than stockings!

Sapph

Hi LadyD,

You are spot on, I wear the same miconet tights and the illusion is great. They are great for summer as well.

Jackie

But can some one answer me this can you catch fish with fishnet tights/stockings :tongue:

Do you know Nylon, I just knew you, of all people, was going to ask that.

You rotter, you beat me to it.

T.

I'm not a fan either but its true I prefer them to opaques, bare legs, trousers or jeans!!!

They can look quite sexy and classy adorned with the right outfit or lingerie and several of the Good Ladies here have almost made me a fan with their postings but, I remain to be convinced!!!

My reason???

Mrs SeamsFFun bought and adorned some once, both of us thought they looked nice but didn't like the feel of them and I've never quite got over that!!!

KtF

J x

Agree with everything. Better than nothing but don't like the feel of them.

I hope you ladies don't mind - I'm a male who's tried fishnets once. I like the looks and how I felt wearing them, but they ARE a bit of a nuisance "touch-wise". Wearing them over natural, sheer tights would take care of that problem, I guess.

Jeannie

Hi Jeannie,

But why wear both hun. Fishnets are designd to create an allusion of colour on the leg and allow them to be worn in warmer months. To wear them over sheer tights would seem to defeat the purpose.

Having said that you have every right as an individual to wear them how you like.

Jackie

Why wear them over sheers? As I said in the earlier post, the fishnets - LOVELY as they are - just don't have that smooth, silky feel to either my legs or my fingers as I run my fingers over my legs. I quite agree on the illusion of color - and to me they also say something sassy to the viewer - that the wearer is "her own person, full of confidence". Oh oh, before I start to write a whole volume, I'll sign off.

I like you're openness, Jackie - you're a special woman.

Jeannie

Hi Jeannie,

Thanks hun, still looking forward to lunch lol

Jackie

Well, young lady, you and your lovely nylon-clad legs report to the Eastern US (Specifics available via email) and I'll treat you to a great lunch while we compare stockings and other such "important" stuff.

Jeannie

I am not a fan of fishnets tights,but its go

a guest on a radio show last month advised that the fishnet was designed to make the eye move down the leg slower hence making the leg appear longer. thats why so many dancers and stage performers must wear them

a guest on a radio show last month advised that the fishnet was designed to make the eye move down the leg slower hence making the leg appear longer. thats why so many dancers and stage performers must wear them

Interesting theory :-D

Interesting theory :-D

I agree SA68,

I do think that the leg does look longer in a fishnet, particularly with a back seam.

Jackie

I also like to wear micronet hold ups for work with a smart business attire

Works well for me.

I also like to wear micronet hold ups for work with a smart business attire

Works well for me.

Hi Natalie,

We haven't chatted for a long time. I hope we can catch up soon.

Jackie

fishnets are great and can look fantastic, Mrs Shaven often wears them to work and she's a teacher, she doesn't feel or look cheap in them, its all to do with how you feel in them and how you convey yourself... I've known powerful business women wear fishnets with a smart suit, never once i thought they looked cheap.