Chuck Mangione The Hill where the Lord Hides

from my World Cup Music soundtrack, when the volume is off

It's a shame - Detroit Emeralds

Gonna Type a Letter- Billy Fury

Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow- The Rivingtons

Bird Dog - Don Woody

"Song for My Father"

Leon Thomas

'The Way You Look Tonight' Ol' Blue Eyes, The Chairman of the Board B)

The sirens of an ambulance wailing above gusts of wind, a squawk of magpies and the chink of ice hitting the Millers gin, soon Fever Tree tonic will fix around it, and as I consume the first green olive of the evening a satisfied Mmmm.

`What Kind Of World Do You Want` —— Five For Fighting

`What Kind Of World Do You Want` —— Five For Fighting

wonderful images, Jack

(ironically) 'Saturn' Stevie Wonder

Just a simple question really. What are you all listening to at the mo'? As for me, Elbow, U2, Sigur Ros, and Florence & the machine are all on heavy rotation. Oh and as an aside, what have you got that you hardly ever listen to? I've got a Motorhead album that's not been played through in at least 5 years. Over to you....

FLORENCE & THE MACHINE??? AAAAAARGH! Screechy nonsense! Get some Muse inside you. Real music.

be playing with my band tonight, all kinds from Stevie W, The Cure, Jimi, Drifters, Pearl Jam, Stones, Beatles.......any many more.....love love love music :D

Joni Mitchell - River

On the gramophone today in the parlour are the dainty tones of

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's dead

Snoots. x

Last night I was musing and came across a song written by Burt Bacharach - "Magic Moment" by Perry Como!!! I did some digging and researching and now have a really nice listenable music folder on my PC entitled .................................................................................................

Songs of Burt Bacharach - Seriously talented and I would think something for everyone!!!

KtF

J

I love Burt Bacharach and love Karen Carpenter singing his songs, just perfect. Such a sad story regarding her demise. 'Superstar' is my favourite, but not a Bacharach song

One Day I'll Fly Away - Randy Crawford, vocal Joe Sample piano...Masters of their game

One Day I'll Fly Away - Randy Crawford, vocal Joe Sample piano...Masters of their game

:) Randy Crawford has such a wonderful voice, quester. It makes me emotional to listen to it.

:) Randy Crawford has such a wonderful voice, quester. It makes me emotional to listen to it.

beautiful song

i totally agree Violet. one of her many (and my favorite)pairings with the great Joe Sample, who wrote the song

The Battle of Epping Forest- Genesis.

hometown girl by mary chapin carpenter

Currently going through a retro phase of late, been listening to this week; Ian Dury - New Boots and Panties, Magazine -The Correct Use of Soap, Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Armed Forces. Only newish stuff has been My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

Athlete - The Getaway

Chet Atkins - My Funny Valentine

a really should listen

Rod Piazza & The Mighty Flyers... Rascal Flatts... Bonnie Raitt... Máire Brennan & Michael McDonald: Streams - 'Don't Give Up' B)

~

Conversely, I'm also listening to Guns N' Roses a lot at the moment

:D:D:D

micki - I've been meaning to ask you, since you posted this post, do you also like the: Trans-Siberian Orchestra? B)

http://www.trans-siberian.com/

The Archers (BBC Radio 4) - or have I missed the point of this??! :unsure::rolleyes:

micki - I've been meaning to ask you, since you posted this post, do you also like the: Trans-Siberian Orchestra? B)

http://www.trans-siberian.com/

Sorry, Jack, not really - I prefer my rock undiluted. I've never been entirely convinced by the rock-meets-classical thing - I remember when Deep Purple did the Concerto for Group and Orchestra a VERY long time ago, and it was interesting, but it didn't thrill me. I much preferred Made in Japan (Highway Star on there is particularly good IMHO B) ).

Today I was in a somewhat nostalgic mood and listened to an old favourite album - Bursting Out - Jethro Tull Live :rolleyes: Brought back so many very happy memories!!!

JJ Cale - Troubadour

Today i've got the radio on KISS FM a mixture of current and old skool dance, hip hop and R&B ! :):D

The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel

"...the fighter still remains..."

B) Does it have to be music? I'm a bit of a Radio 4 addict (hence my earlier post) and just now I'm listening to Any Questions!! :mellow:

:) Just watched Florence and the Machine at the Rivoli Ballroom Lewisham south London singing tracks from her debut album LUNGS ! Saw her live at Glastonbury last year where she put on an awesome performance ! :) Come to think of it she'd look good in stockings as she's got a wicked pair of lovely long pins !