Hosan

Squaddie suspender bump?

16 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

Here you mean? :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06: :58674bdf747cb_EmojiSmiley-04: :58674be18a3d6_EmojiSmiley-07:

A27A589D-D41A-4CD7-A30F-2DAEDDEC7782.jpeg

Exactly! Thanks

37 minutes ago, Bigun said:

Well it's not part of the seam of the skirt.  So could be. 

Yep I concur....

cheers

2 hours ago, The Colonel said:

Unlikely!

Why not....nBritish Army dress regulations doesn’t prohibits stockings or suspenders....and trust me I’m former army and one or two female NCOs or officers did wear ‘scaffolding’ underneath.

Judging by the photo  does not look like passing out parade ...so could be a function or presentation unit inspection etc requires Number 1 uniform.

cheers

I wasn't being "negative", just stating that, in my almost 40 years of Army service, it would be 'unlikely'!

1 minute ago, The Colonel said:

I wasn't being "negative", just stating that, in my almost 40 years of Army service, it would be 'unlikely'!

Just out of curiosity Colonel,I’m ex RAF and the vast majority of the RAF wore stockings and suspenders, I’m assuming the WRAC as it was didn’t ??

3 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

So is that because you never ‘struck lucky’ with a stockings wearing squaddie? 👀🤔😮

Guys.... 

In the early years, stockings were commonly worn by all female ranks, especially during the 80s.  However, the military is a reflection of society and as we have seen the decline in civilian life, it is such that modern female soldiers currently prefer tights for most SD occasions, IMO.  It maybe they don't wish to risk the chance of any 'misfiring' at inopportune moments!

68... of course I "struck lucky", don't be silly!!!!

1 minute ago, The Colonel said:

68... of course I "struck lucky", don't be silly!!!!

Fair play 👍🏻 

Was she / they stocking wearing pongo / s 👀😮🙏🏻