stockingsadmirer68

Barely/nearly Black Colouring ;-/

15 posts in this topic

Can anyone advise me which barely/nearly black stockings/hold ups are more a grey black rather than brown black...as my wife has worn the Aristoc Ultra Shine hold ups to work this week and commented how they were more a brown black but she would prefer grey black - answers on a postcard please :D

Many thanks

SA68

Good Afternoon

I was once told by a lady that ran her own lingerie shop that stocking shades namely Barely Black & Vaguely Black tended to be slightly towards the browner shades than grey where as the shade Nearly Black are more likely to be the otherway round ie more towards grey.

I think this is true for Aristoc's Vaguely Black & PP Barely Black shades. I know Mrs JS had some Charnos Sheer gloss stockings that were towards the black/grey colour you're after but its to long ago to remember the exact labelling on the packets. However, looking at the SHQ shop, Charnos now appear to label their shade as Barely Black but it may be worth trying them.

If you are looking for sheer glossy stockings (with Lycra) these are available on the High Street(sorry David) - try for example John Lewis or M&S. I know M&S have samples of stockings (or t***ts) on display so you would get the exact sahde from there.

Hope this helps. Have a good weekend.

Regards

John S

Good Afternoon

I was once told by a lady that ran her own lingerie shop that stocking shades namely Barely Black & Vaguely Black tended to be slightly towards the browner shades than grey where as the shade Nearly Black are more likely to be the otherway round ie more towards grey.

I think this is true for Aristoc's Vaguely Black & PP Barely Black shades. I know Mrs JS had some Charnos Sheer gloss stockings that were towards the black/grey colour you're after but its to long ago to remember the exact labelling on the packets. However, looking at the SHQ shop, Charnos now appear to label their shade as Barely Black but it may be worth trying them.

If you are looking for sheer glossy stockings (with Lycra) these are available on the High Street(sorry David) - try for example John Lewis or M&S. I know M&S have samples of stockings (or t***ts) on display so you would get the exact sahde from there.

Hope this helps. Have a good weekend.

Regards

John S

Thanks for the reply John B) I will check that theory out ;) My wife prefers the grey black as most of her work skirt suits are charcoal or black in colour :)

SA68

Hello there,

I saw some nearly black stockings in BHS today. They were bog standard cheap ones in black packets but looking at the samples they appeared to be definitely more grey than brown if this helps.

Emma

Good Evening

I crossed to the 'dark side' last night and noticed the 'charming' Violet wore Barely Black Charnos Sheer t***ts yesterday and she later confirmed that these were of a browny/black shade.

It appears that Nearly Black will therefore be the shade of grey/black you require.

Hope this uodate helps.

Regards

John S

I have seen a dark grey barely black hold up that apparently was bought at an ASDA. So between them and M & S, it would probably be worth looking at the high street stores and finding the colour you actually want.

Hi,

I hardly ever wear black, nearly always nearly black. Just prefer the less severe blacks you get sometimes.

This is levante Vanesa from SHQ, these are my favourite normal wear stockings as they are hard wearing, feel good and a great price-

http://forum.stockingshq.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=4758

These are M & S nearly black. They are actually called nearly black/grey so could be more what you are looking for!

http://forum.stockingshq.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=5057

hope this helps.

kind regards

A quick browse around the shop might help - you could do worse than Trasparenze Sara stockings in anthracite. I'm sure there are others, too. Gio barely black are also definitely a grey black rather than a brown black and you get almost unparalleled feel and quality from them.

Steve/Michelle

x

Good Morning

Just a quick update:- Have been in Sheffield city centre this morning and went into M&S, whilst there I had a look on their hosiery section and they definitely supply stockings in the nearly black/grey shade that you require.

Have a good weekend.

John S

Just a quick update:- Have been in Sheffield city centre this morning and went into M&S, whilst there I had a look on their hosiery section and they definitely supply stockings in the nearly black/grey shade that you require.

John S

Whilst out shopping yesterday, my wife and I went into M & S but only found the nearly black/grey shade available in 10 denier hold ups - my wife purchased a pair to try with her work, skirt suits. I will keep you posted on the verdict ;) Shame they were not available as stockings :(

Good Evening

Went into M&S last Saturday morning to check - after what you had said - and the shade samples were hung on the stocking section not the hold ups section so I just assumed that they did stockings in the grey/black you required. Sorry for the incorrect information, hope the hold ups were ok alot of people on this forum seem to likes M&S hold ups.

Havr a good evening.

John S

I just assumed that they did stockings in the grey/black you required. Sorry for the incorrect information,

John S

No worries John ;) perhaps they are available as stockings...but they only seemed to have black and natural shades available in that store :o We will have to check other stores,when out and about,to see if they are available!! :D

I will keep you posted on the verdict ;)

Just to let know my wife wore the hold ups to work this week and she is much happier with the grey black shade as suppose to the brown black :D

Try Synfonie (French Grey) from Gerbe in the SHQ shop. They're nice.

Many thanks for the suggestion Just some bloke - I will look into those for my wife and report back as necessary B)