Sign in to follow this  
AL27

Secret In Lace Stockings

16 posts in this topic

Secrets In Lace Stocking range are beautifully made in and are equisette.

They are indeed exquisite.

I believe they are actually made by Eleganti, whose products are often marketed much closer to home, i.e. on this very site!

It's the other way around Ursula as shown below :

Edited by kellym

Lovely picture Kelly but I still say Eleganti are the manufacturers.

Although I did hear a rumour that SIL had actually acquired Eleganti in a buy out a while back.

The welt says "ELEGANTI by Secrets in Lace".

On 8/30/2018 at 9:24 PM, kellym said:

The welt says "ELEGANTI by Secrets in Lace".

As in sold by Secrets in Lace.

Eleganti was started in Nottingham by John Franklin in 1995.

https://www.companiess.com/eleganti_ltd_info1642518.html

They have supplied products to a number of retailers including SHQ .

However I do believe the more exoticand expensive designs are exclusive to SIL.

Edited by Ursula Harrison

4 hours ago, itahue said:

Maybe the best stockings in the world!

I'd love to try their dotted rhts.

I have easily bought 75+ pair of stockings from SIL over the past years.  I have found their quality can be hit or miss, especially when it comes to sizing.  A size small in one line is not necessarily the same as a size small (or whatever the size) in another line.   I have  found  and overall better quality and consistency with Gio.

4 hours ago, Mellissa38 said:

I have easily bought 75+ pair of stockings from SIL over the past years.  I have found their quality can be hit or miss, especially when it comes to sizing.  A size small in one line is not necessarily the same as a size small (or whatever the size) in another line.   I have  found  and overall better quality and consistency with Gio.

Have you tried Cervin as well so you could make a comparison between SIL/Gio/Cervin? Personally we haven't tried SIL, but Cervin wins over Gio for us. While Gios certainly win in softness and feel, the Cervins definitely win in robustness and durability.

Edited by gnarfoz

SIL are some of my fav but the price is very expensive for them and shipping. Gio as pointed out by gnarfoz are are soft and feel the best, they don't last very long, i have thrown out more pairs than I could imagine... Cervins defo the best for money....

3 hours ago, GreenSHQ1 said:

SIL are some of my fav but the price is very expensive for them and shipping. Gio as pointed out by gnarfoz are are soft and feel the best, they don't last very long, i have thrown out more pairs than I could imagine... Cervins defo the best for money....

Thanks so much Green for sharing your experience! By the way now that I see your location next to your post.. we've been to Ireland this very summer and I am already missing it sooo much :(

(Also way better temperatures in summer to wear stockings compared to Vienna :P)

On 9/7/2018 at 7:01 AM, gnarfoz said:

Have you tried Cervin as well so you could make a comparison between SIL/Gio/Cervin? Personally we haven't tried SIL, but Cervin wins over Gio for us. While Gios certainly win in softness and feel, the Cervins definitely win in robustness and durability.

I tried Cervin a several years ago. I think they were the bi-colour or something like that. Just like you said, not as soft but very durable.

If you are a true nylon enthusiast and your partner in crime or whatever as well, you own all 3 brands. As they are all very unique and wearing it could be justified by its occasion on that day.

Cervin Tentation 15, Capri 15: Robust (no need to think as theses are the most resilient in sheer nylons BUT rough depending how perceived/felt) 

GIO FF and new Cervin Tentaion 10: Fine (prone to snag BUT smooth and finer depending ...)

SIL (Eleganti): between (something between the brands)

Cervin Capri 10 vs Eleganti RHT/Romance: rough plain sheer mesh (resilient) vs fine shine smooth mesh (sparkly due to light)

Cervin Capri 7: same mesh size as Capri 10 but thinner yarn hence invisible depending on color (ultra sheer)

For starters its is crucial to know the importance of "size" as Nylons are not "cheap" to avoid disappointment. 

Its great if you managed to find the only and one favorite to keep cost down but for me they are all needed.