Sign in to follow this  
Rikki

Tight Basque/corset

20 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a corset, nothing too tight I might add, for Mrs Rikki, she's always wanted something like that, we have basques, and they are quite tight but I'm looking for something better, not too fetish though, she wants to actually wear it going out rather than just in the house :D

Thanks,

Rikki,

xx

Edit: I think she's after something with lacing or that has laces that you tighten rather than just abasque type thing, sorry if I didn't make that clear...

Hi Rikki, have you tried looking at Fairy Gothmother? Pricey but lovely!

Emma

Google either Axfords or Vollers

Neither are cheap but highly recommended

Emma, Iain,

Thanks they are really nice things they have, will look through them with Mrs Rikki,

Cheers both,

Emma, actually I checked FairyGodmother first and wondered why you have directed me to a fancy dress website :lol::lol:

Rikki,

xx

Oh I wouldn't recommend either Axford or Vollers! I've tried corsets from both of those companies, and I found them to be cheaply made and overpriced...not a good combination.

If you want an actual corset that can reduce the waist, I recommend either having one custom made or going to a site that carries lots of different manufacturers like FairyGothMother. If you're in the U.S., you can also try Timeless Trends...they make a basic, authentic underbust corset for around $99 and it's great for people who only want to wear them occasionally. :)

I get my corsets made by Elle at Heavenly Corsets (www.ellecorsets.co.uk) and they are simply fantastic. I've got two 6" reduction wasp-waist corsets and they're more comfortable than even 3-4" reduction corsets from other manufacturers, not only that but they were considerably cheaper. My rose silk underbust was only about £100 and the overbust in red/black shot silk was about £120; both made to measure and with lots of consultation over the 'phone. If you say that I sent you her way, you might even get a special consideration/minor discount. I was recommended to Elle by a friend and have recommended her on to friends repeatedly since.

I'm just about to order a new corset with a gored bust and wasp-waist in a brocade, although I've yet to decide firmly on the colour and pattern of brocade.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like any further details.

EL

Have a look at this one on ebay, I got one for my girlfriend. She loves it! its very high quality and very good value and she does where it to go out in! Check out their ebay shop, they do them in loads of different colours and styles.

you have to buy the suspender straps from elsewhere though! I think she got them from fairygothmother.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150377480269&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D150377480269%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1#ht_2400wt_941

Hi there, I personally love Violet Wilde corsets. Not only are they made to measure but you get to choose the level of compression, so if like me you love the look but not the 'tight laced' effect it's perfect. Also you get to design your own corset picking all the fabrics and stuff lots of fun! I'll try adding the link but not sure how to do it lol

http://www.violetwilde.co.uk

I hope that works

x

:) You might like to try www.pandoraschoice.com.

Lol Rikki, yeah right, for Mrs Rikki :lol:

lol.. actually.. we bought 3.. only one of which was for me.. :lol:

Rikki,

xx

I had this custom one made for me last year in black with a red lace overlay.

http://www.meschantes.com/courtesan.html

Not the cheapest one around but it is fabulous. I love it.

It is very tight and gives me a very nice figure. I wore it for new years last year with a long skirt which I had them make for me as well.. The slit in the skirt showed off my stocking tops quite well.

My boyfriend loved it :)

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a corset, nothing too tight I might add, for Mrs Rikki, she's always wanted something like that, we have basques, and they are quite tight but I'm looking for something better, not too fetish though, she wants to actually wear it going out rather than just in the house :D

Thanks,

Rikki,

xx

Edit: I think she's after something with lacing or that has laces that you tighten rather than just abasque type thing, sorry if I didn't make that clear...

Try 'what Katie did next' or 'corset Junction'. We brought a black and red lace one from them it's great. It's so stylish and well fitted that Liz wears it outside with a wrap and skirt (and stockings and heels too of course. It is not tight but I would suggest putting shoes on first.

Arty (Liz's hubby)

And by outside I mean not as an undergarment. There were some pics of her in the gallery a while back with it on when we went out to a ball.

Arty (Liz's hubby)

Ooooooh an interesting subject indeed!

Burleska- cheap and cheerful, more 'fashion' corsets than for any sort of reduction (plastic boning and hook & eye fastenings with ribbon ties)

Snobz, Axfords or Vollers for 'proper' corsets (steel sprung boning, busk fastenings and proper lacing). Designed to be used to shape the figure and/or waist reduction.

However....if you're not too busty (as in E cup or below) there's a couple of wonderful sellers on Ebay who do steel boned (flat not sprung-give you shape but not designed to be pulled stupidly tight) corsets for around the £30-£40 mark. Search by waist size for these- as in 'corset 26' (meaning 26" waist) and limit the price in the search options to find the exact ones I mean.

Hope this has helped, I'm at a slight disadvantage as I'm only able to wear made to measure due to my wonky measurements and desire to have a wonderfully hourglass shaped figure which does empty my pockets somewhat!

Anna x