8 posts in this topic

Hi ladies and gents,

I'm looking to buy 1 or 2 pairs of FFS with seam for about 20-25€ each for my girlfriend. Honestly I've looking up the website but I just can't decide which one to buy and doing it on a smartphone is not very comfortable.

So if some of you could help me choose or recommend a pair of ffs seam or two, I would be grateful.

Maybe I'll even post some pics of her wearing them 😀

Hello there!

Honest advice? Spend 11€ more and get some really high quality FFS like Eleganti or Cervin Tentation - the money is so much more well spent because you'll get a lot more wears out of them before they snag/ladder (if treated correctly).

Just my 0.50€ ;)

Good luck on your search & purchase! :)

Thank you very much for your answer gnarloz! 

Which pair do you recommend for her to wear? She doesn't have any preferences and she knows I love the seams ^^
I have already bought a 6 straps garterbelt that she really likes.

Thank you very much for your answers!

@gnarfoz I'll tip you if she's happy ;)

Hey again!

Haha, nothing better than a happy girl, right? :)

So my girlfriend is a huge fan of Cervin stockings, they are really long lasting and she loves the big keyhole on them. Their 15den FFS line is called "Tentation", although from time to time they have limited production runs for 10den Tentations. There's also a 45den FFS called "Liberation", which is more opaque but still has some nice sheerness and is really chic.

Tentations (15) & Liberation are 36€ per pair on their online store (https://www.cervin-store.com/en/?isolang=en)

For many women they come up a bit short on the thigh so I would go up one size from what the Cervin size table is telling you according to your girlfriends measurements.

Eleganti would be my second tip, they come slightly cheaper than Cervins and have a little more give in the yarn, maybe even feel a bit "softer" than Cervins. But as I've seen they are quite hard to come by. I only see them on SHQs shop but right now it seems they're only available as seconds (stocking with slight imperfections) - which on the other hand might be a good opportunity for you to "try" them out without spending too much money which can be frustrating if you order a pair and they don't fit. So maybe go for that first!

https://www.stockingshq.com/stockings-c3/point-heel-ff-stockings-plain-colour-seconds-p750

And then there's also GIO, the UK's preferred make of stockings. I've heard many good things about them but also that they are among the most fragile of all the FFS. They snag quite easily. Also, the keyhole is quite small and compared to Cervins the seam (especially around the welt area) looks a bit "sloppy"/too thick for my taste. On the other hand they are one of the softest/silkiest FFS out there. If you're interested maybe also go for seconds/imperfects first - perfects (point heel) are £20.95 while imperfects are £13.95!

Online store: http://giostockings.co.uk/

But I'd say our overall recommendation definitely goes out for Cervin. The real downside here is that they don't sell any imperfects on their online store to try out. But maybe I can give you some advice in sizing, it's the make I know best and my gf has the most pairs from.

Have fun choosing and of course we'd be happy if we could get a slight peek at her wearing them :) Although if she prefers to not share pictures that's fine as well, it's her legs after all! ;)

Edited by gnarfoz

Many thanks @gnarfoz for your long and complete answer. I'll have a look and see what to order. I'll keep you posted ;) and maybe I'll some pictures of the new stockings.

Cool, I'm glad if I was able to help you, even if it's just a little.

One more thing though, in the light of recent events: My gf's first pair of GIOs (Fully Fashioned Point Heel) arrived today and while she (and I :P) have to admit they feel super soft and silky smooth they actually DO snag very very easily. One of them even had a tiny snag out of the box, after the first try on (well maintained nails, freshly shaved legs, using hosiery gloves) they had several visible snags, one of them is actually quite thick even. Still wearable, but I don't think they'll last her more than 3 wears or so. On the other hand she has Cervin Tentations with 20+ wears on them and only very slight signs of wear. So yeah, from the durability standpoint I'd recommend Eleganti & Cervin a lot more.

Oh yes, and definitely get hosiery gloves when you buy FFS, the stockings will be very very thankful! :)

Edited by gnarfoz

It looks like this great conversation you have had with gnarfoz has you sorted torrent and I'm sure your GF will appreciate your research and dedication to finding the right pair for her and obviously in turn you. Well done gnarfoz for your excellent advice and guidance. You two seam to be really appreciative of the fashion for which we have such passion and are so lucky to have partners that enjoy indulging you and growing with that passion. For what it's worth I agree with all that gnarfoz has said and adore seeing a Lady in Cervins. From conversations I have a lot of Ladies seam to prefer Eleganti and Gio though but let's be honest, it's difficult to be wrong with any of those three brands. Good luck to all FOUR of you going forward.

KtF
:58674c1aabbb8_EmojiSmiley-106: