Sign in to follow this  
Borracho

Devastating News

12 posts in this topic

So Mrs B was at work on a night shift recently and texted me to say that the hospital trust for whom she works has had a change of policy and due to ‘perineal shedding’, stockings and hold ups were banned for clinical staff wearing dresses with immediate effect.

She’s not sure how they intend to enforce this ban but if any legal eagles can suggest a way around this, we’d welcome any views.  Not sure I can cope with her wearing t*ghts at all, let alone  on a daily basis!

I have no legal expertise whatsoever.

But it seems to me there are several ways to challenge this.

First of all trying to dictate what underwear staff wear seems creepy and harassing. The "shedding" argument does not seem credible to me or else they would insist that employees wear some sort of bodystocking to prevent this from all parts of their bodies.

Secondly since some ladies wear stockings for health reasons, making them wear unhealthy clothing should not be something they are allowed to do.

suspect a wind up, unless proof revealed?

3 hours ago, Auntiesfault said:

suspect a wind up, unless proof revealed?

Maybe someone in the hospital is winding everyone up.

10 hours ago, Ursula Harrison said:

I have no legal expertise whatsoever.

But it seems to me there are several ways to challenge this.

First of all trying to dictate what underwear staff wear seems creepy and harassing. The "shedding" argument does not seem credible to me or else they would insist that employees wear some sort of bodystocking to prevent this from all parts of their bodies.

Secondly since some ladies wear stockings for health reasons, making them wear unhealthy clothing should not be something they are allowed to do.

This is what I’ve said to her.  Even trousers surely wouldn’t stop any stuff falling out as their trousers don’t have elasticated cuffs.

She also doesn’t know how they’ll enforce this rule so she’s sticking to what she knows for now.

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:50 AM, Borracho said:

So Mrs B was at work on a night shift recently and texted me to say that the hospital trust for whom she works has had a change of policy and due to ‘perineal shedding’, stockings and hold ups were banned for clinical staff wearing dresses with immediate effect.

She’s not sure how they intend to enforce this ban but if any legal eagles can suggest a way around this, we’d welcome any views.  Not sure I can cope with her wearing t*ghts at all, let alone  on a daily basis!

One of my first thoughts was that they surely can't enforce this rule and then sadly I thought in today's employment world they probably can. I then thought, and obviously I have some bias here, that it is discriminatory? Another thought was that "medically" aren't stockings/holdups supposed to be healthy? Seams to me this is PC gone mad and I would support and applaud Mrs B if she continued on being Mrs B and fought the ban. However, how is she to do that and obviously she doesn't want to risk disciplinary action. Also how are they going to know unless they do inspections which also surely would be wrong!!! No, if this is true it is indeed a sad day.

KtF
:58674be973f66_EmojiSmiley-20:

Who is going to check what the nurses are wearing under their skirts, anyway?

This person could then be accused of all sorts of things...

36 minutes ago, Marcel Khebir said:

Who is going to check what the nurses are wearing under their skirts, anyway?

This person could then be accused of all sorts of things...

not sure, but if that job becomes available, I'll be first in the queue   :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

surely this would be a invasion of privacy and human rights id ask her to speak to the union and hr dept

Just ignore it and wait for their fallout from being heavy handed!!!

Is the place of work Unionised?

Have the staff been consulted on the policy change?

Is it a change to their contract?

Predominatly women wear, is it discrimination?

Edited by gpins