Sign in to follow this  
Durrrob1

Which stockings?

7 posts in this topic

Been a lover of a stockinged leg for as long as I can remember

Finally have a partner who keen to give them a go, but she’s never worn them.

Any advice on which I should buy is much appreciated.

Are the more expensive Gio’s Etc worth the cost?

cheers

Rob

Edited by Durrrob1

The advise from a stockings lover whose wife has worn for over 40 years is firstly to get your lady a good quality suspender belt with metal clips , I recommend a 6 strapper (plenty are available fro SHQ).  Gio FF stockings are really lovely but are expensive and the sizing must be right to giive a good comfortable fit,(check the size chart on their website).  It may be worth trying their imperfects initially as they are significantly cheaper - we have found the main imperfection with them is the dyeing but not usually bad enough to not wear out.

If your lady doesn't want to wear seams to start with try Gio RHT (but again the sizing must be correct) or for a modern type of stocking try Charnos  Elegance, Mrs JS wears these on a regular basis as the correct size fits well for someone who is 5'10'' with long legs.

Hope this helps

Wolford are fantastic stockings a bit pricey but they feel so good on your legs and to touch too

Lady S prefers Gio's with at least a 10 strap belt (usually a 14 strap is worn) and her seams stay straight all day.

No matter how they look, if they’re not comfortable your lady won’t be wearing them very often!

Charnos run-resist look good on, they fit well, they give very even colour coverage, the sizes are good, they have a very nice lace top, and they are comparatively inexpensive - great go-to stockings! An everyday favourite.

And I agree with John S above, the SHQ six-strap belt is a really good all-rounder. Six straps keep your stockings from twisting, there aren’t so many clasps that everyone can see you’re wearing suspenders (they really are discreet, I wear them all the time), they feel much more secure than four straps. The only thing I’d watch out for is the sizing, you are quite safe in taking a size smaller than you think you’ll need. For example, a Medium is quite stretchy enough for a UK size 16 or even an 18. For a size 14 and smaller, Small does the job.

get a selection in what you think would be her size and enjoy the experience of seeing her trying them on and wearing them . and what works for her and her wardrobe style .

Thanks for you info. Will try the charnos Elagance a go. Looking forward to it.