sub_stockings_girl

Colour combinations of stockings and shoes

6 posts in this topic

So in a recent meeting we were discussing combinations that ‘work’ or don’t - not stockings and shoe colours but it did get me thinking. 

Black shoes go with pretty much anything. I see red 👠 with black stockings a lot, and nude shoes are very much a thing these days. I’m guessing there are more combinations that do work compared with those that are a no-no.

Love to hear your thoughts 

Here are my first two propositions: 1. UNDERWEAR: "Copper" coloured(RHT's or seamed stockings...cuban heel), white 6 or 8-strap suspender belt with metal-clasps, or if you have V-Clips(the other Lingerie also in white, definitely); OUTFIT: Light-blue heels, 5 or 6 Inch > same colour for the costume, and a neutral white blouse. This stockings make so wonderful tanned legs and thighs.....

2. UNDEREAR: Vintage tan seamed stockings...with point heel, skin coloured Vintage wide suspender belt or girdle with extra WIDE 6 suspenders(metal-clasps are a duty), the other underwear(bullet bra and French knickers, same colour; OUTFIT: White pumps, 3 or 4 Inch(not more), also in white > pencil skirt or pleated one, suitable blouse(different colours allowed)....use one which you like. This Vintage stockings are very sheer - so all hairs on the legs must be shaved.....

Have given also tipps for the Outfit too.

Maybe it would follow more - if you like my two examples.

When yes, I hope for a reply....

Edited by Liebhaber-von-Nylons

Thanks for your reply Liebhaber. Where I was going was typically my choice of shoes colour is usually darker or similar compared to colour of my stockings. So for example I wouldn’t wear white shoes with black stockings. I don’t feel that darker coloured stockings work with light her coloured shoes, in my opinion.

Something very sexy (and unacceptable by most..) of black FFNs and white stilettos - I love it.

Copper FFNs and Red/White HH are great

White FFNs and Red heels is a killer combination

Think you're right sub, leg has to be lighter than shoe. In much the same way that opaque don't look right with open toe / sandals. Not sure it was always that way in the past, seen plenty of vintage stockings in all sorts of colour combos. 

Out of what's available today, I've got a real soft spot for the classic patent high heel with any colour leg. Black shoes tend to go with anything neutral leg wise. 

Red hosiery seems to only go with red / no shoes. But if anyone has any good examples to share...

red shoes, imho, go best with a nude / tan leg. Hmm, something to think about as I go to sleep.

Electric blue.... green....mmm pink n black... ooo matron. 

;) zzz 

FG informed me some time ago that the shoes should not be lighter than the stockings. Never noticed that before, but now I notice every time i see it.

She also is not keen on black stockings with red pumps. Though I may ask pretty please just once wear barely black with your sexy red pumps I'll be your servant for a month?

But yes, sheer white or nude stockings with red pumps are a fantastic look.

Mr FG