Sign in to follow this  
brettles

Does anyone still wear FFN for work?

39 posts in this topic

Just came across some old copies of Harmonise from 25+ years ago . One favourite model...L (delicious wife of elegant S)  always wore FFN for work as did my wife. L always said it got her computer fixed instantly!. At the time I knew a few other women who did..one solicitor in Birminham and a quite senior Building Society executive. Times change...almost a rarity to see even a frock at work these days. Hold-ups seem ubiquitous but I do know one regularly suspendered lady though not FFN. 

Is there anyone who still wears regularly for work I wonder?

Yes still wear 2 or 3 times a week for work

On 19 March 2018 at 9:52 PM, brettles said:

How encouraging!

Encouraging? I'm totally in awe, I've seen none of these ladies in Seaford/Eastbourne rare as hens teeth.

I'd like to see just 1

gt

I Cant Remember When I Saw A Woman Wearing A Skirt Never Mind Stockings , I Remember She Who Must Be Obeyed Wore Stockings To Her Work Almost Daily (She Worked In Tesco ) It Was A Fabulous Time She Enjoyed Being And Being Thought Of As A Feminine Woman ,Wearing Stockings And Heels Was Part Of That , Now Women Dont Want To Be Feminine , 

I will wear on occasions, usually if I know I may have a tough day. 

6 hours ago, Locheebloke said:

I Cant Remember When I Saw A Woman Wearing A Skirt Never Mind Stockings , I Remember She Who Must Be Obeyed Wore Stockings To Her Work Almost Daily (She Worked In Tesco ) It Was A Fabulous Time She Enjoyed Being And Being Thought Of As A Feminine Woman ,Wearing Stockings And Heels Was Part Of That , Now Women Dont Want To Be Feminine , 

I wore stockings regularly when l worked in the local supermarket some 35 years ago..was working par time and attending night classes to get me into the legal industry.l do remember the reps always complimenting me on my legs... one in particular use to help me get boxes down from the shelf in the warehouse...l know he seen a stocking top or too when l was up the step ladders... nowadays l would not be allowed to wear heels lf l worked in a supermarket..health and safety... but they can't stop me wearing them in the office... and although lm 60 l do know my legs are still nice to look at..especially in  my sheer RHTs.

Maybe more ladies can tell us their experiences while wearing at work... love Marge.

On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, gt51 said:

Encouraging? I'm totally in awe, I've seen none of these ladies in Seaford/Eastbourne rare as hens teeth.

I'd like to see just 1

gt

Obviously not in the right places when many of us from E.Sussex are on the coast ;)

My city is strange in that it is an "early" city.  Because of the nature of the work force here and the complexities of commuting,  most activities tend to be after-work-early evening rather than late night.  As a result, I often wear day-into-evening outfits to work but  change my daytime taupe (winter) or nude/neutral (summer) stockings to evening black or near-black stockings before I leave the office.  Sometimes, when attending some very dressy event after work that warrant Full Fashioned, I change to them before I leave work.  My workmates do notice.  There comment is usually  "going someplace special tonite?"

Hi

Stockings or hold ups, but occasionally FF seamed stockings. But way too expensive for me to wear every day. I used to wear Aristoc harmony stockings every Sunday as part of my Salvation army uniform.

Kate 

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, kate said:

Hi

Stockings or hold ups, but occasionally FF seamed stockings. But way too expensive for me to wear every day. I used to wear Aristoc harmony stockings every Sunday as part of my Salvation army uniform.

Kate 

Aahh...Salvation Army Kate... My Bill loved watching the Band at Christmas in town... all those ladies in Rht stockings or FFNs...and the carols were great as well.

Often RHT's or nude heel and toe. But not FFN't to work.  Maybe dinner and a night out. :)

In the office that I work in, there are ladies wearing skirts.  But unfortunately, it is either with tights or with bare legs.   

The only place where I have ever seen stockings in East Sussex, has been in Lewes.   There has not been any sightings when travelling in or out of Brighton or Hove where I work.    

i will wear FFNs to work now and then... but to be discreet i wear them with boots and a longer skirt... i know this is cheating but!!

On 13/04/2018 at 8:12 PM, Locheebloke said:

I agree with you, nothing nicer to see a women in heels and stocking walking down the street looking feminine and gorgeous and not covered in tats,   You cant beet class.   My wife always wear stockings when she goes out with Me or when she go’s out on a girls night out.  The next time we go out i will post a pic.  Have a good week Boys & Girls....

21 hours ago, canuckcouple said:

i will wear FFNs to work now and then... but to be discreet i wear them with boots and a longer skirt... i know this is cheating but!!

Keep cheating..lol... love Marge

they should make it mandatory for women to wear them at work.

10 hours ago, nylon_fan said:

they should make it mandatory for women to wear them at work.

Hi

Only if someone else was buying them, way too expensive for every day wear.

Kate 

X

13 hours ago, kate said:

Hi

Only if someone else was buying them, way too expensive for every day wear.

Kate 

X

You can always find somebody to buy them for you.

My wife wears stockings to work every day, sometimes with seams, but mostly just plain normal stockings !!!!

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:10 AM, canuckcouple said:

Please keep cheating, it's heartwarming to know Ladies like you are out there.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

10 hours ago, yorkslad said:

My wife wears stockings to work every day, sometimes with seams, but mostly just plain normal stockings !!!!

Lucky you!!!

KtF
:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

wife sometimes wore  black ff's, if a hot day, but mostly copy tights thus

It’s not really work but the wife wears them regularly to community choir performances.  It’s always a sight to see her walking across the stage as they enter the hall :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:  especially since I know exactly what she has on.

I wear then now and again for work most of the time rht’s to work 

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, ewell_couple said:

Yes still wear 2 or 3 times a week for work

I would love to be your co-worker....mmmm

Hi

On the rare occasion I wear them, but way too expensive for every day wear.

Kate X 

I regularly see a lady on my train who wears seamed stockings, I can't say for sure if they are FFN, but they heel looks like they might be the "What Katie Did" brand.

Something like these I would guess: https://us.whatkatiedid.com/products/seamed-stockings-maroon-h2037?variant=43780978949

20 hours ago, wrytone said:

I regularly see a lady on my train who wears seamed stockings, I can't say for sure if they are FFN, but they heel looks like they might be the "What Katie Did" brand.

Something like these I would guess: https://us.whatkatiedid.com/products/seamed-stockings-maroon-h2037?variant=43780978949

Not ‘proper’ FFN then but better than nothing 😍

Any ladies work in Portsmouth...??   I'll treat them to a pair...,,free fitting.....lol

Hi,

Very occasionally I will wear seams with boots if I'm off out for the evening.  My skirt is just shorter than the top of the boots. I don't think they have been noticed, no comments yet.  Some times I do change into shoes after work though.  I did have a chap follow me round Tesco in Baldock once.  I think he noticed.

Mel

Edited by Mel45

I very rarely wear ff stockings to work because they are to expensive and i would feel over dressed if i did... although i have on the rare occasion when I'm going out straight from work and no time to change.  

15 hours ago, Mel45 said:

Hi,

Very occasionally I will wear seams with boots if I'm off out for the evening.  My skirt is just shorter than the top of the boots. I don't think they have been noticed, no comments yet.  Some times I do change into shoes after work though.  I did have a chap follow me round Tesco in Baldock once.  I think he noticed.

Mel

Hope he didn't creep you out Mel and put you off adorning in public. It's so heartwarming to know there are still lovely Ladies like you around. Gives one hope!

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

17 hours ago, Mel45 said:

I did have a chap follow me round Tesco in Baldock once.  I think he noticed.

Mel

Every little helps :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06: 

He was obviously after the bargain of the day :58674be18a3d6_EmojiSmiley-07:

Wife wears them to work occasionally, to tease her Boss/Lover.  Usually with an open bottom girdle, no panties, and one of her just too tight and just too short suit skirts that she hikes up even higher and sits in a high backed chair they have placed between the door and his desk so no one else can see what he sees!!  Oddly enough, on those days they ALWAYS end up "working late" at the Lake House after work??

CW