jsilva973

Ladies who wear their stockings proudly and those ladies who still dress as Ladies.

33 posts in this topic

My question to pose is this:

 

Q: Would a lady take offense to a man making a comment such as

" In case no one has told you yet today, You look absolutely stunning in that outfit! So nice to see a lady dressed as a lady. It's almost as though women have stopped wearing hosiery all together!  Have a wonderful day !" 

Edited by jsilva973

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t take offence in the slightest as it has actually happened a few times and always puts a smile in my face 

Katie 

Xxxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing true ladies like Katie who willingly flash if the moment is right always puts a smile on my face!

Thank you to all ladies who wear stockings with panache and pride.

NylonBil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once told a girl working in a shop in Charles De Gaulle Airport she had amazing legs( short skirt, dark tight, heels). She smiled and said thank you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't object.

Minnie x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And it has happened to us as well. At least once I was there and it made us both feel good although I do not remember what she was wearing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember many years ago when I worked in a research laboratory,
Walking with a secretary along a corridor, I complimented her on the lace tights she was wearing.
To my surprise she replied, " They are stocking, not tights", and thanked me for my compliment.

I suspect that in today's world of PC, I would have been accused of being sexist or something like that!
Things were so much more simple and innocent in the 1980's.

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always welcome a comment as long as its not rude in nature. That's a reason we wear them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All.

Currently I work in a retail setting which includes at times a grand amount of PR which further includes helping folks find what they are looking for. On a side note, the boss back when told me I had to know where all 240K plus items in the store generally were by Tuesday. He never specified which Tuesday and that was almost two years ago.

Anyway, I at times will "work the door" which is another term for "greeter" though my official capacity is as "Store Ambassador" at which in part due to my ability to chatter about nothing and make it sound sophisticated usually brings many accolades. Part of my initial interview was a statement that I cared to create a "First Rate, Want to Come Back Customer Experience" and I also hold that if folks are happier going out the doors then when they came in, I've done a Good Show of it. There are occasions when an extended conversation may occur and I am well known to more than a few and tailor my comm to each person. I have at times commented and complimented lassies on an aspect of the their being and starting with fingernails is almost always a winner. More than a few have expressed that they thought I was Gay and I simply tell them no, just occasionally Happy.  Being in such a position affords me a view and naturally as a Legster this every now and again has merit and eye candy rewards. Not often though.

I have gone so far as to make mention of attire to include legwear. On two occasions there have been complaints to the extreme with twol I've had numerous contact with. Both times I got to see the "Big Cheese" Folks in management. I asked for the complainant in one instance to be present which with Union Rules is mine to ask. After about 45 seconds it became clear to all that this "person" was off her meds or certainly should be on some. Even for Ann Arbor, she was a real whack job. Bottom line: the "Big Cheese" heads told me to exercise more discretion in my interactions that of course I ignored. And, the complainant has since been banned from the establishment. Number two offered me extreme apology and told management. Turns out she WAS off her meds and gave me glowing compliments herself, even to go so far as to say she was flattered that I likened her to a "Blonde Bettie Page" even should her hair be more gray. After all, I'm Vintage and so is she if a few years less. We had the proverbial coffee and are on very friendly terms. The final take, most folks (and there have been a few fellows- we do have those that are of "alternative" persuasions and they know I don't judge- we is just people for the most after all) take my compliments as meant. A few have alluded to the fact that at first they weren't quite sure where I was gong and that with reflection realized I was off of my meds and pretty harmless overall and not a typical "Mid Westerner."  

To sum, seldom has anyone become upset. A few gals express lament that they have to "dress up" for usually business reasons and of those the majority mostly wear those heavy black or dark opaque things. Yish and Yuk, I really very dislike them sooooo much. Should they be hard on the eyes, I'm only to imagine how the tactile sensation would be to the hand. Don't know, just the realm of "what if's..." Been quite many turns since I enjoyed the touch of a nylon clad leg.

That's the take as I take it. Most,  should  well crafted comment(s) be proffered those most will accept such as complimentary. Now, let me see if I might find some proper medication. I believe I see a Martini in my future...

Tipples, 

Dworkin         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lady S gets many comments on her appearance particularly her FFN's...not one has ever been negative and these comments from both sexes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Katiesheer said:

I wouldn’t take offence in the slightest as it has actually happened a few times and always puts a smile in my face 

Katie 

Xxxx

I don't get to Gloucestershire at all unfortunately but I would love to compliment you in person 😍

Kind regards 

Goff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time I have ever complemented a stranger was when I saw a young lady with seams and bows tattooed on her legs. It took all my nerve but I figured that she must know they would attract attention. She smiled and said thank you 

in this day and age I would be very wary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2018 at 8:41 PM, gt51 said:

I don't get to Gloucestershire at all unfortunately but I would love to compliment you in person 😍

Kind regards 

Goff

Thank you xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over many, many years I've had a great deal of comments from men, women and teen age kids also.  I loved dressing up and letting my legs do the talking.  I would watch approaching people!  They looked at me from my feet up.  Not very often from my face down.  That is what I desired!  Either rh&t stockings or ff seams with open heels and toe sandals, sling backs or ankle straps. The slide sandals caught the most eyes.  This allowed total showing of the stunning heal work of the hosiery.  Add a ankle bracelet and a stunning pedicure and I was the talk of the town.  I knew how to gently slap my heels with the backs of the shoes.  Just that sound alone turned heads and broke hearts perhaps?  I loved doing that!  A real stockings girl teasing without doing anything not lady like.  A real stockings lady never flashes her tops on purpose!  She lets her legs do the talking.  Save that flashing for the amateurs!  A lady won't do that!  Times have changed and where are the ladies?  Plenty of women but where are the real ladies??

The most enjoyable thing happened at a wedding reception years ago.  Two eighteen year old kids loved my pantyhose!  I said kids, come over here!  I showed them in private the tops of my stockings!  The girl cried out, I have to have some of these!  I got to know those kids.  Got her into stockings!  This had to be twenty or more years ago.  They are married, my husband and I went to their wedding.  The reception room went nutty when her new husband raised her wedding dress above her stocking tops to fetch the garter.  She smiled at me as tears ran down her cheeks!  They have a family now and we still communicate.  That's a true Fairy Tale!  And it started with stockings!

Nice to be here today!  Susan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HanesBaby-CSB said:

Over many, many years I've had a great deal of comments from men, women and teen age kids also.  I loved dressing up and letting my legs do the talking.  I would watch approaching people!  They looked at me from my feet up.  Not very often from my face down.  That is what I desired!  Either rh&t stockings or ff seams with open heels and toe sandals, sling backs or ankle straps. The slide sandals caught the most eyes.  This allowed total showing of the stunning heal work of the hosiery.  Add a ankle bracelet and a stunning pedicure and I was the talk of the town.  I knew how to gently slap my heels with the backs of the shoes.  Just that sound alone turned heads and broke hearts perhaps?  I loved doing that!  A real stockings girl teasing without doing anything not lady like.  A real stockings lady never flashes her tops on purpose!  She lets her legs do the talking.  Save that flashing for the amateurs!  A lady won't do that!  Times have changed and where are the ladies?  Plenty of women but where are the real ladies??

The most enjoyable thing happened at a wedding reception years ago.  Two eighteen year old kids loved my pantyhose!  I said kids, come over here!  I showed them in private the tops of my stockings!  The girl cried out, I have to have some of these!  I got to know those kids.  Got her into stockings!  This had to be twenty or more years ago.  They are married, my husband and I went to their wedding.  The reception room went nutty when her new husband raised her wedding dress above her stocking tops to fetch the garter.  She smiled at me as tears ran down her cheeks!  They have a family now and we still communicate.  That's a true Fairy Tale!  And it started with stockings!

Nice to be here today!  Susan

A great story Susan!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to meet up for coffee or  lunch if you're ever on the east coast!
I'm in N J

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, Katiesheer said:

I wouldn’t take offence in the slightest as it has actually happened a few times and always puts a smile in my face 

Katie 

Xxxx

And vice versa!

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for the days gone by when most ladies could be noticed as ladies by their mode of dress.

 

Edited by kevthevillan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kevthevillan said:

Oh for the days gone by when most ladies could be noticed as ladies by their mode of dress.

 

Ah yes Kev...sometimes it is hard to distinguish which is which!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord Seaton said:

Ah yes Kev...sometimes it is hard to distinguish which is which!! 

You are so lucky to be married to lady s, a lady with great taste and dress sense.

Edited by kevthevillan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kevthevillan said:

You are so lucky to be married to lady s, a lady with great taste and dress sense.

And don't I know it Kev...we both thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too would not take offence and have had guys come speak to me and compliment me and im same as previously mentioned, if they say the word tights I correct them! I also let my legs and dresses/skirts do the talking - u dont have to deliberately flash do u!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DoubleDee said:

I too would not take offence and have had guys come speak to me and compliment me and im same as previously mentioned, if they say the word tights I correct them! I also let my legs and dresses/skirts do the talking - u dont have to deliberately flash do u!

Posts like this are exactly why we need the "like" button back. Good on yer DDee!

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, HanesBaby-CSB said:

Over many, many years I've had a great deal of comments from men, women and teen age kids also.  I loved dressing up and letting my legs do the talking.  I would watch approaching people!  They looked at me from my feet up.  Not very often from my face down.  That is what I desired!  Either rh&t stockings or ff seams with open heels and toe sandals, sling backs or ankle straps. The slide sandals caught the most eyes.  This allowed total showing of the stunning heal work of the hosiery.  Add a ankle bracelet and a stunning pedicure and I was the talk of the town.  I knew how to gently slap my heels with the backs of the shoes.  Just that sound alone turned heads and broke hearts perhaps?  I loved doing that!  A real stockings girl teasing without doing anything not lady like.  A real stockings lady never flashes her tops on purpose!  She lets her legs do the talking.  Save that flashing for the amateurs!  A lady won't do that!  Times have changed and where are the ladies?  Plenty of women but where are the real ladies??

The most enjoyable thing happened at a wedding reception years ago.  Two eighteen year old kids loved my pantyhose!  I said kids, come over here!  I showed them in private the tops of my stockings!  The girl cried out, I have to have some of these!  I got to know those kids.  Got her into stockings!  This had to be twenty or more years ago.  They are married, my husband and I went to their wedding.  The reception room went nutty when her new husband raised her wedding dress above her stocking tops to fetch the garter.  She smiled at me as tears ran down her cheeks!  They have a family now and we still communicate.  That's a true Fairy Tale!  And it started with stockings!

Nice to be here today!  Susan

There is a reason my magnificent friend that you are monickered with the name HanesBaby-CSB The Leg Show Legend and this wonderful story shows exactly why.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 16, 2018 at 2:17 AM, SeamsFFun said:

There is a reason my magnificent friend that you are monickered with the name HanesBaby-CSB The Leg Show Legend and this wonderful story shows exactly why.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

I remember that magazine. Still have quite a few copies. Has Hanes baby ever appeared in Leg Show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jsilva973 said:

I remember that magazine. Still have quite a few copies. Has Hanes baby ever appeared in Leg Show?

I believe she did!

KtF
:58674c1aabbb8_EmojiSmiley-106:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now