Carol56

High heels

9 posts in this topic

I am thinking of buying my first pair of high heels would you recommend going up one size from my normal size as I have broad feet. 

I wear a size US11 in men’s shoes but need to go up two sizes for my high heels.image.jpeg

In the states here I wear a mens size 10 shoe and if I buy heels I can wear a 10 in open toe heels and 11 in closed toe heels. Hope this helps but the only real way to find out is to go try them on for the fit as all shoes are not the same, kinda like hosiery. RicciMarie

5FCC214E-779F-4BD9-82AF-51441D8D0233.jpegGood Morning, I am a UK size 10 but open toe i have been comfortable in 9’s but size 10 for all my others have been perfect. 

I love my patent court stilletos in Size 10 😊

I have found Nine West are quite broad and they go up to size 13 US, as do Sam Edelman. If you are in the UK ASOS do really nice heels in wide fitting.

many brands do wide fit now  new look m & S  but up to UK size 9 

I'm a UK 7 and am ok with size 7 heels from either M&S or Next. If they do a wide fitting in a particular style, I'll go for that as they're a little more comfortable.

I’m a UK size 8 and find Primark in either an 8 or occasionally 9 fit fine. You can’t always tell which will fit the best but they are always happy to refund or exchange in my experience. Oxford street branch is a good one to go to because they are always so busy that they take no notice of who is buying what. I’ve got lots of heels from there and then crossed over to M & S for my skirts, and silky blouses. Debenhams have a good range of knickers if you like the silky or satin varieties to complement  your new outfit and are only a little way further up the street. 

I'm a UK size 10  (foot length 280 mm) or Euro 45 and i can get a comfortable fit in shoes marked from 8 to 10 EEE

it depends on the brand and stile of shoe, some are going to be more forgiving under tension :)

wide fit size 9 from M & S bit tight but stretched (sadly no longer available)

Primark 9 / 42 

Evans size 10 EEE

New Look size 42

Your best bet is to try them on in the shop 

Edited by jaynwuk
punctuation