Sign in to follow this  
bbgreet74

A Question for Thosed who saw thed Movie Phantom Thread

4 posts in this topic

If any of You Saw The Movie Phantom Thread Was there any Stockings Scenes in There?    If so How Good or Bad Was it?

I finally saw it--quite an interesting movie, with some excellent acting...but no stockings, which is a bit odd given the time and milieu. The story, i thought, edged into melodrama towards the end. Some more deliberately provocative/seductive scenes, especially with stockings, would have given it some added pizzazz. But Daniel Day Lewis was magnificent. 

On 2/22/2018 at 12:58 AM, dnstuefloten said:

I finally saw it--quite an interesting movie, with some excellent acting...but no stockings, which is a bit odd given the time and milieu. The story, i thought, edged into melodrama towards the end. Some more deliberately provocative/seductive scenes, especially with stockings, would have given it some added pizzazz. But Daniel Day Lewis was magnificent. 

I have to correct you there, as there was a very quick flash of stockings and suspenders in the movie as I posted in http://forum.stockingshq.com/index.php?/topic/37371-phantom-thread/