vannesa

Is It Just Me?

15 posts in this topic

Is It Just Me or Do Others loose the Urge to dress from Time to Time?.

Lately I really havent felt like getting Dressed Up, I Don't Mean Give up altogether and purge my Wardrobe !! That Would be a BIG Mistake and Something I have Never done in all the years that I have been dressing.

I Just don't seem to be getting the Feelings I used to have before at Present.

Oh my how different we are. I'm gradually "coming out" of the closet as far as female dressing in public. But I don't feel like myself if I don't dress as a woman at home. And that doesn't just mean sheer hosiery.

Yes Vanessa it can happen, or at least it has with me.

Also I'm a transvestite. That means I'm a man who enjoys dressing as a woman. There have been times in my life when I've prioritised my male life to the detriment of Ursula and even made some choices that I knew would prevent me from dressing for a considerable period of time.

Yes I know we all have to do that sometimes but I'm talking about times I had a choice.

Don't know whether you consider that the same thing.

Never happened to me yet I dress as often as I can

Rita

It's really not that uncommon. Sometimes I go weeks without dressing but never make the mistake of purging anymore. The desire ALWAYS comes back xx

Edited by Guest
Typo

i think it like when ladies get time of the month{if you know what i mean}. some males get urges and desires on if to dress or not

I have ever increasing times of not being bothered. I suspect it's that my femme side likes attention and never gets any, so it going through the old 'use it or lose it' routine as with so many other things. I'll not purge though, in case the need comes back... I hope so...

Edited by Carla(CD)
Typo

Yes, there have been times over the last 40+ years where i have asked myself what the devil am i doing! Lost the urge? Well yes sorta in the way that i dont wear anything much in the way that is seen as fem. But as others have pointed out, the feelings and desires always seem to boil back up to the surface and off we go again. And YES, i have purged, thinking that i would shed this shell only to rebuild it again and again.

So what your feeling is more or less somewhat normal for us gurls. I wouldnt put to much stock in it!

Michelle

I too seem to have calmed down with the urge to dress up. I have had all the opportunity in the world this week but haven't bothered so far. That's not to say I won't. I don't know if you can have too much of a good thing, or not. I do know that the buzz of going out in the car without the safety net of any male clothes to fall back on and having a little walk around was amazing. It's a surprise to me also as I expected to be dressed this evening but am slobbing on the couch and having a couple of beers. I guess when I'm ready again I'll reach for my female clothes and it will feel like the first time all over again. 

My urges to dress come and go but they are more on than off. I go through phases of wanting to dress all the time with thoughts of wonderful pretty feminine clothing being ever present on my mind. Then I can go a while not being bothered. I purged once in my early days but soon realised that I am what I am and I would never be able to kick this wonderful habit (not that I would want to anyway).

Totally agree with all of the above !!! It seems when there are things on our minds that require our attention the urge can take a back seat a little.

But no you're not alone in the feeling's you're having at the moment, but rest assured the need to dress will be back !!!!

xxxx

Fully agree. I know I only wear stockings and suspenders but even then the urge disappears now and then. I never purge though unless things are worn out or don't fit that well.

Mine has dwindled away over the past 6 years now. My wife knows about me wearing tights and doesn’t bother me to much about it apart from when she needs to borrow some.

I wish I still had a strong urge like in the past to wear and enjoy it like I used to. I bought different styles, colours, textures and deniers trying reignite the old fire but it all seems a bit meh after a day. 

I’ve even told a couple of our open minded friends and worn tights in their company to see if that would help but no. 

I feel I need to be more in the company of like minded people but as this is a purely sexual thing for me this would mean (in my head) cheating on my beautiful understanding wife. ill just stick to the internet and fantasising.

Well seems That my Little Lapse of the Urge has Passed, Today I had to work from Home and spent the day dressed, Plus I changed outfits a few times too!.

I find that dressing relieves Stress in Many ways, Accounts Time is always stressful what with trying to balance the books and chasing payments from customers, So Dressing whilst doing it helps a lot.

I Like some of you have had plenty of oppertunities to dress lately but just didnt take it up, and a few times that I did I just didnt feel right.

There was Never any chance of Me purging my stuff, Hell I have never done it over 50 years of dressing and I am not about to start now, So Gurls Thanks for the replies and support

For me its been a part of me all my life, and has fluctuated in its intensity throughout. the main thing is i still enjoy the feelings after all this time.