spitfire15

Flight attendant hosery

32 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell if tights or stockings are the most popular choice among flight attendants.

I think mostly of the flight attendants wear tights - maybe some hold ups; I'm sure stockings are very rarely!!

In my experience more and more flight attendants are wearing trousers :58674be766e2b_EmojiSmiley-16:

This is an experience on my part. In 2004 I flew from Amsterdam to Vilnius (Lithuania) via Lithaunian Air. I was sitting on the aisle and the sterwardess (in high heels) rubbed her hip against my shoulder. I clearly felt her suspenders. She laughed at me mischievously. Every time she walked by, I saw her beautiful legs I knew they were wrapped in stockings and suspenders. An experience once in a lifetime I think.

2 hours ago, valkex said:

This is an experience on my part. In 2004 

33 minutes ago, Hornytrucker said:

Must have been in hell of an experiance as Lithuanian Air does not even exist lol

Perhaps they did? :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

I think most male attendants wear stockings

In the good old days of PAN AN all stewardess's were required to wear girdles and stockings

Andrea1950

People are always so keen to shoot others down, valkex was correct in what he said and they did exist as Air Lithuania and Lithuanian Airlines. So perhaps he did enjoy the experience...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FlyLAL-Lithuanian_Airlines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Lithuania

5 hours ago, Hornytrucker said:

Must have been in hell of an experiance as Lithuanian Air does not even exist lol

Sorry Trucker, they existed in various formats, i have included a link for info as well...........25 years working in airlines here xx

I clearly remember flying to Kenya in 1992...I cant remember the airline, but the hostesses all wore black skirts with red belts, black patent heels, black hosiery and black and white blouses...Air2000 maybe?...one of them with a very tight skirt and clear suspender bumps showing...fabulous!

I think it would be fair to say these days that the hostesses that DO wear stockings and suspenders to fly are in a small minority - mores the pity!

From my experience I would say that most hostesses on long haul flights wear support tights to combat thrombosis

My daughter worked as cabin crew for TUI  (as it is known now) from 2005-2009 and always wore hold up when on duty and said that most of her female colleagues wore hold ups as well.

On 14/01/2018 at 11:12 AM, valkex said:

This is an experience on my part. In 2004 I flew from Amsterdam to Vilnius (Lithuania) via Lithaunian Air. I was sitting on the aisle and the sterwardess (in high heels) rubbed her hip against my shoulder. I clearly felt her suspenders. She laughed at me mischievously. Every time she walked by, I saw her beautiful legs I knew they were wrapped in stockings and suspenders. An experience once in a lifetime I think.

I’m not surprised by this. Eastern European ladies seem like to wear hosiery much more often that their western counterparts, these days at least.

On 15/01/2018 at 11:53 AM, stephen3451 said:

From my experience I would say that most hostesses on long haul flights wear support tights to combat thrombosis

This is just what I noticed.

When travelling to America or Asia, my wife also wears support hold ups and even I wear support knee high socks.

Having dated a Russian and Ukrainian woman I can say this is very true. A walk round most towns and city’s there you will see many hosiery shops

4 hours ago, Hornytrucker said:

Having dated a Russian and Ukrainian woman I can say this is very true. A walk round most towns and city’s there you will see many hosiery shops

And many a woman adorning such available hosiery one hopes :58674be18a3d6_EmojiSmiley-07:

On 13/01/2018 at 9:41 PM, spitfire15 said:

Can anyone tell if tights or stockings are the most popular choice among flight attendants.

No, but stockings are most popular with this passenger. I've never seen any cabin crew showing off anything that would hint at stockings however on a coupe of occasions I've been fortunate enough to see ground crew wearing. Some lacy topped holdups or stockings in Belfast city airport and a stunning lady at Dinard airport who seemed to have many jobs, check in, security and boarding. She was wearing what appeared to be FFN stockings but I only saw the seams and pointed heel.

The Flickr account of 'Katie Adlington' suggests there are quite a lot of stockings being worn by current BA cabin crew.

Just to echo Marcel's statement. The majority of female flight attendants wear support tights (fairly solid if you have observed them closer) to prevent thrombosis in addition to avoid cuts from when they move around inside the plane. I do know that many ground staff are wearing hold up in various types mostly beige, nude or black. A female friend of mine is frequently sending me pictures in her uniform and I will ask her if I can post them here :)

Edited by Mr.Reqqa
spelling mistake

On 1/14/2018 at 2:04 PM, Andrea1950 said:

In the good old days of PAN AN all stewardess's were required to wear girdles and stockings

Andrea1950

I used to live below 4 PanAm flight attendants, back in the 60's..... oh what a joy that was....

On 1/17/2018 at 5:17 AM, Hornytrucker said:

Guess that is where I will move, once wifey isn't around....LOL

On 20/01/2018 at 11:02 PM, Hornytrucker said:

Take it with your username you have or fly a EC120

I work in the helo industry and fly - though not rated or flown the 120 (laughingly or not Airbus Helicopters is discontinuing production of the H120)

cheers

8 hours ago, Colibri said:

I work in the helo industry and fly - though not rated or flown the 120 (laughingly or not Airbus Helicopters is discontinuing production of the H120)

cheers

My family use an AW109 grand to get around the U.K. to our various sites 

summer hold up's winter tights. wife's was a stewardess for many years for BA

Just back from a trip to Vietnam. I was on 5 different planes. On Air France to Ho Chi Minh city, all female flight assistants were wearing dark blue trousers. The 4 other flights were on Vietnamese Airlines and the air hostesses were wearing their traditionnal uniform: Long green tunic and white trousers...

I only saw hosiery in the airports and it was probably tights... (Roissy CdG, Ho Chi Minh city and Hanoï)

A bit disappointed in fact !

I flew tui to and from caribbean last two weeks, beautiful hostesses shiney legs no tell tale bulges but soooooo lovely.

good company lovely staff stockings would have been the icing on the cake 😋

Last week flew with Emirates from Manchester to Dubai then on to Colombo, all femail crew wore skirts with tan hosiery could not tell is stockings or tights.