Alteredbhoy

Should probably be in the Joke thread, but ...

123 posts in this topic

All the following have been said at some time or other by the same man ...

"I think I am, actually humble. I think I'm much more humble than you would understand."

"my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault"

"I know words. I have the best words."

"I'm going to cut taxes bigly, and you're going to raise taxes bigly."

"Throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart,"

It's also rather worrying when he can't remember the national anthem. Which is surprising for a "stable genius".

Hmm.....it seems a couple of members are chagrined at the comments of the POTUS. I wonder why that is? A sense of inadequacy? 

18 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Hmm.....it seems a couple of members are chagrined at the comments of the POTUS. I wonder why that is? A sense of inadequacy? 

I wouldn't use the word "chagrined", rowlf.  Astounded maybe, that firstly anyone can use such contradictory words and secondly that someone with such a poor sense of self awareness could become the most powerful person on earth.

2 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

I wouldn't use the word "chagrined", rowlf.  Astounded maybe, that firstly anyone can use such contradictory words and secondly that someone with such a poor sense of self awareness could become the most powerful person on earth.

To be fair to the USA we seem to have an equally dysfunctional government. Although for somewhat different reasons.

20 minutes ago, explorer1954 said:

To be fair to the USA we seem to have an equally dysfunctional government. Although for somewhat different reasons.

The origin of our 'dysfunctional gov' is due to those that can actually govern, and those that just 'wish' for things to 'work out'.

1 hour ago, Alteredbhoy said:

All the following have been said at some time or other by the same man ...

"I think I am, actually humble. I think I'm much more humble than you would understand."

"my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault"

"I know words. I have the best words."

"I'm going to cut taxes bigly, and you're going to raise taxes bigly."

"Throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart,"

25 minutes ago, explorer1954 said:

Can you understand the meaning of the word 'exceptional'?

26 minutes ago, explorer1954 said:

2 minutes ago, rowlf said:

The origin of our 'dysfunctional gov' is due to those that can actually govern, and those that just 'wish' for things to 'work out'.

Like.

4 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Can you understand the meaning of the word 'exceptional'?

Yes

2 minutes ago, explorer1954 said:

Yes

Then s'plain it to me................

8 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Then s'plain it to me................

If you mean in the context of supposed "American Exceptionalism" then I don't believe it exists.

18 minutes ago, explorer1954 said:

If you mean in the context of supposed "American Exceptionalism" then I don't believe it exists.

Well, I was thinking of a broader definition of the word. But as far as 'American exceptionalism', you should make your gov guard your own damned borders. You may then rethink your thoughts on the matter.

Well, I was thinking of a broader definition of the word. But as far as 'American exceptionalism', you should make your gov guard your own damned borders. You may then rethink your thoughts on the matter.

The government does guard the borders, that is why so many people are stuck in France trying to get to the UK. It's called being an island.

Come on Rowlf you can't seriously think that Trump is anything other than a certifiable fruit cake. He's a "clever" lunatic in that he appeals to the naïve rednecks who probably have never been out of their own state, by telling them what they want to hear. As a business man he's a flop just ask all the people he's stiffed. On the bright side at least you had the sense not vote in Hilary, she should have been behind bars years ago. We live in interesting times, just don't let Donald play with that big button that sits on his desk you know how kiddies love to fiddle with things. :58674bde4b3fb_EmojiSmiley-02:

Happy New Year Rowlf, John B.

Edited by bratman
missed a word

58 minutes ago, bratman said:

Come on Rowlf you can't seriously think that Trump is anything other than a certifiable fruit cake. He's a "clever" lunatic in that he appeals to the naïve rednecks who probably have never been out of their own state, by telling them what they want to hear. As a business man he's a flop just ask all the people he's stiffed. On the bright side at least you had the sense not vote in Hilary, she should have been behind bars years ago. We live in interesting times, just don't let Donald play with that big button that sits on his desk you know how kiddies love to fiddle with things. :58674bde4b3fb_EmojiSmiley-02:

Happy New Year Rowlf, John B.

Trump is a real person. Obviously he has an ego that makes him say and do whatever suits him. 

Your post is full of talking points from the liberal media. It's time we all started thinking for ourselves instead of in a groupo.

Don't confuse the different style of Trump-speak with him not having a high intelligence and a pragmatic view of the world.

It's amazing to me how many of you bad mouth your own leaders because of their lying and cheating. Then turn on Trump because of his style of speaking.

Edited by rowlf
Oh, happy new year! (belatedly)

19 minutes ago, rowlf said:

It's amazing to me how many of you bad mouth your own leaders because of their lying and cheating. Then turn on Trump because of his style of speaking.

That's a twisted version of the truth rowlf.  It's not Trump's style of speaking that is the issue - it's the content.

He claims to have more humility than anyone else, while also claiming to be more intelligent than anyone else.  These are clearly the words of either someone who either has no humility at all, or the words of someone who does not know the meaning of the word humility.  So either his claim of humility is untrue or his claim of super intelligence is untrue.  

He claims to have "the best words", but when under pressure cannot grasp the word "substantially" and so makes up a word that most competent eight year old children would know does not exist.  

This isn't an issue of style - it's one of mental competence.

Just now, Alteredbhoy said:

That's a twisted version of the truth rowlf.  It's not Trump's style of speaking that is the issue - it's the content.

He claims to have more humility than anyone else, while also claiming to be more intelligent than anyone else.  These are clearly the words of either someone who either has no humility at all, or the words of someone who does not know the meaning of the word humility.  So either his claim of humility is untrue or his claim of super intelligence is untrue.  

He claims to have "the best words", but when under pressure cannot grasp the word "substantially" and so makes up a word that most competent eight year old children would know does not exist.  

This isn't an issue of style - it's one of mental competence.

No, it's you twisting my version of the truth.

Is it 'mental incompetence', or you just think it is because you don't understand it.

I figured you to be more aware of issues comparing intelligence with any number of random  type of coordination passing through the synapsis to the brain. 

10 minutes ago, rowlf said:

No, it's you twisting my version of the truth.

Is it 'mental incompetence', or you just think it is because you don't understand it.

Well how many people do you know who are super-intelligent but do not understand the meaning of humility?  How many super intelligent people do you know who cannot think of the word substantially and so make up a childish word instead?  There's no understanding what DT meant by these phrases, as he quite clearly does not understand them himself and simply says the first thing that comes into his head, irrespective of how stupid it makes him look.  It isn't even that it makes him look stupid, he seems totally unaware. 

1 hour ago, Alteredbhoy said:

Well how many people do you know who are super-intelligent but do not understand the meaning of humility?  How many super intelligent people do you know who cannot think of the word substantially and so make up a childish word instead?  There's no understanding what DT meant by these phrases, as he quite clearly does not understand them himself and simply says the first thing that comes into his head, irrespective of how stupid it makes him look.  It isn't even that it makes him look stupid, he seems totally unaware. 

Coming from you, that's a substantially unaware thing to say. Some would call it stoopid, but I will give you the benefit of a doubt. If this man believed in the welfare state, you would have to be dragged from him to stop your peppering of his patootie with butterfly kisses.

'defend the indefensible'................................interesting. Foe the past year, our President has been busy cleaning up the road apples left by the previous office holder.

But Trump just doesn't talk presidential. Well, 'boo hoo!

6 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Coming from you, that's a substantially unaware thing to say. Some would call it stoopid, but I will give you the benefit of a doubt. If this man believed in the welfare state, you would have to be dragged from him to stop your peppering of his patootie with butterfly kisses.

I'm completely uncertain what this means - it may well have been said by DT himself.  I am very aware of my limitations, DT might even say "bigly aware".

I doubt that you have any concept of what I mean when I use the words Welfare State, but I am certain that anyone who simply derides the words without any explanation of their meaning has no concept of civilised society.  As for patootie kisses, I've seen you mention them before.  I'm uncertain from what your penchant for them derives, but you seem to be bigly anus licking of POTUS covfefe.

But Trump just doesn't talk presidential. Well, 'boo hoo!

It isn't that he doesn't sound presidential.  It's that he talks like an affronted eight year old in the school playground.  

My Dad is biglier bigly than yours.

3 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

I'm completely uncertain what this means - it may well have been said by DT himself.  I am very aware of my limitations, DT might even say "bigly aware".

I doubt that you have any concept of what I mean when I use the words Welfare State, but I am certain that anyone who simply derides the words without any explanation of their meaning has no concept of civilised society.  As for patootie kisses, I've seen you mention them before.  I'm uncertain from what your penchant for them derives, but you seem to be bigly anus licking of POTUS covfefe.

1 minute ago, Alteredbhoy said:

It isn't that he doesn't sound presidential.  It's that he talks like an affronted eight year old in the school playground.  

My Dad is biglier bigly than yours.

I suppose what I can't make you substantially understand is that Trump doesn't talk as if he's speaking to a fourth grader. I'm sorry if this speaking pattern goes over your head.

4 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I suppose what I can't make you substantially understand is that Trump doesn't talk as if he's speaking to a fourth grader. I'm sorry if this speaking pattern goes over your head.

I've no idea what a fourth grader is - it's American terminology.  What I do understand though is that DT does not talk or tweet like an adult, but like a child.

His distinctly unpresidential habit of calling any American who disagrees with him names (Slippery Steve, Crooked Hilary, Failing ...) is also child like.

Here's an idea for a film.  Tom Hanks is a child who accidentally gets put in an adult body.  We could call the film BIGLY. 

3 minutes ago, Alteredbhoy said:

I've no idea what a fourth grader is - it's American terminology.  What I do understand though is that DT does not talk or tweet like an adult, but like a child.

His distinctly unpresidential habit of calling any American who disagrees with him names (Slippery Steve, Crooked Hilary, Failing ...) is also child like.

Here's an idea for a film.  Tom Hanks is a child who accidentally gets put in an adult body.  We could call the film BIGLY. 

Yuk, yuk, yuk! That's funny........................NOT!

About this Trump thing, what you're experiencing is one who 'ad libs'. Needing no prompters or written speeches. One would think you could appreciate this new phenomenon, but I suppose it just scares you.

The man has been in office only a year and all you can do in criticize his speech mannerisms. Maybe we could get so lucky as to have one of your British leaders run for POTUS on of these days.

3 hours ago, Alteredbhoy said:

This movie sounds great. Perhaps we could have a side plot where Rowlf survives polio, learns to run without leg irons, runs across America, buys shares in a computer business, goes to war, buys a shrimp boating business and falls hopelessly in love with his childhood sweetheart, Ginny. 

7 hours ago, Trinity said:

This movie sounds great. Perhaps we could have a side plot where Rowlf survives polio, learns to run without leg irons, runs across America, buys shares in a computer business, goes to war, buys a shrimp boating business and falls hopelessly in love with his childhood sweetheart, Ginny. 

How on earth did you know that about this poster, Penny, it's supposed to be a well kept secret.

Seriously though, I would have thought Donald Trump's detractors on here would have realised by now what he's doing. He is simply, while going about his presidential duties to great effect, winding people up!

And like certain members on here, this is not understood so they retaliate by trying to run him down by loud shouting. Mr Trump loves this as he knows that these actions take peoples minds off the main subject and one that he does best, running the country.

3 hours ago, luckyme said:

How on earth did you know that about this poster, Penny, it's supposed to be a well kept secret.

Seriously though, I would have thought Donald Trump's detractors on here would have realised by now what he's doing. He is simply, while going about his presidential duties to great effect, winding people up!

And like certain members on here, this is not understood so they retaliate by trying to run him down by loud shouting. Mr Trump loves this as he knows that these actions take peoples minds off the main subject and one that he does best, running the country.

And Penny also watches too damned many movies. Well, at least she's off the streets!:58674be5c2392_EmojiSmiley-13:

I see Trump has tweeted this overnight.

"Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!"

So nothing to do with the likelihood of protests then. The only issue with this is that the embassy move was approved by the Bush administration. 

Another point of detail the USA didn’t own the embassy, they rented it from the Duke of Westminster for one golden peppercorn a year. So they couldn't have sold it.

More fake news from Trump.

Edited by explorer1954
Extra information and clarification

On 10/01/2018 at 1:11 PM, rowlf said:

And Penny also watches too damned many movies. Well, at least she's off the streets!:58674be5c2392_EmojiSmiley-13:

I'm not sure she was ever on the streets, but there again, I'm not in a position to know.

6 hours ago, explorer1954 said:

I see Trump has tweeted this overnight.

"Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!"

So nothing to do with the likelihood of protests then. The only issue with this is that the embassy move was approved by the Bush administration. 

Another point of detail the USA didn’t own the embassy, they rented it from the Duke of Westminster for one golden peppercorn a year. So they couldn't have sold it.

More fake news from Trump.

I will concede that you may very well be accurate in what you posted. I have yet to go online and read his tweets. I get them from the telly. Maybe I am just 'defending the indefensible', but I consider all this 'drama'. Things I do care about are defending our borders, paying our way as we go, and not mortgaging our kids future, dealing with tyrants in the world when it seems no one else has the onions to do so.

The way I see all this, is that he can't be directly attacked for his actions, as he's brought to the surface everything we should have been discussing a long time ago. So the liberal media takes bites at him on the 'character' issues. 

I've never thought of the man very much until he announced his candidacy. Even then I wanted a confirmed conservative. But the man speaks the truth.............or at least we share my view of reality.

This Trump is a very few years older than me, so I can understand how he makes statements that come from the heart, before the brain has time to buffer it. We know exactly what the man is thinking. You may not agree with what he says, and I accept that. 

It's my feelings that one should acquire news from multiple sources to get a realistic view of what is happening in our world. Too many people watch, or listen to what they want to here.

4 hours ago, weeniewinderupper said:

I'm not sure she was ever on the streets, but there again, I'm not in a position to know.

Wait a minute, bro! I'm not calling her a streetwalker. I'm just saying she seems to be the type that would 'strut her stuff'..............with all due respect!:58674be6ca98e_EmojiSmiley-15:

Watch out all Norwegians! It sounds like D. Trump wants you for his shithole country.

42 minutes ago, helen said:

Watch out all Norwegians! It sounds like D. Trump wants you for his shithole country.

helen, reinstate your avatar pic. I get off on those cute legs of yours.

4 hours ago, rowlf said:

It's my feelings that one should acquire news from multiple sources to get a realistic view of what is happening in our world. Too many people watch, or listen to what they want to here.

Not trying to be a smart arse and this is a genuine question I am interested to know what your multiple sources of information are.

I mostly rely on cable news. News posts that pop up on my computer. BCCA is interesting at times. One who watches conservative vs. liberal cable news gets a lot different slant on the way things actually are. It's preferable to watch both. The most important thing is to keep an open mind. And google items that aren't making sense to you.

And I believe I can hold my own when there's a contest for the smartest of the smart arses!:58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:

8 hours ago, rowlf said:

I mostly rely on cable news. News posts that pop up on my computer. BCCA is interesting at times. One who watches conservative vs. liberal cable news gets a lot different slant on the way things actually are. It's preferable to watch both. The most important thing is to keep an open mind. And google items that aren't making sense to you.

And I believe I can hold my own when there's a contest for the smartest of the smart arses!:58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:

You forgot to add the National Inquirer, where you get up to speed on Elvis' whereabouts and those pesky aliens.