Sign in to follow this  
tanyatvheadgirl

Gio and Eleganti RHT and FF Stocking Size Comparison

7 posts in this topic

I currently have a nice range of Gio and Eleganti RHT stockings which I absolutely adore, I now think of adding some Gio and Eleganti FF Stockings to my hosiery collection. Having looked at the sizing on here I've been left a little confused as it would appear I'm an XL in Gio RHT's but XXL in Gio FF stockings can anyone tell me if the sizing compares to be the same?

Justin.

I've recently bought my first two pairs of fully fashioned stockings. I am six feet tall.

First, I ordered black Eleganti point heel stockings in XL. They are described as being for "six-foot plus". In my opinion they should have been listed as being "six-foot minus" as they barely fit well and I wouldn't have wanted them any smaller.

Next, I ordered electric blue/black Gio contrast Cubans in size 11. The stockings fit beautifully. I couldn't be happier.

While the Elegantis might have been incorrectly identified in sizing, I thought I would share my experience with the two brands. I hope this has been helpful to you.

Good luck with finding out your proper fit.

kellym

Edited by kellym

Think its trial and error with them x

All you can do is go on others experience, and trial and error. The sizes on the guides are exactly that, a guide only as for FF stockings, leg length, shape and overall size are different for all of us and as Gios and Elegantis don't stretch, the actual size and fit is everything.

For example:

I am size UK8 shoe, 5'10" tall, I wear a 10.5 Gio and an L Eleganti, the gios wear higher than the Elegantis, but both fit nicely.

Rikki xx

Lady S has always said that Gio's FF's are a better fit than Eleganti and the seams in Gio's are easier to get straight.

I should have added my shoe size like Rikki had done. I believe that I would be a UK10.

I am 5' 8" with inside leg 30". I would describe my legs as neither fat nor slim, but average. My UK shoe size in 7-8 depending on the fitting.

As for stocking sizes, I wear:

Eleganti/Touchable in Large

Gio fully fashioned in 10.5

Gio RHT in Tall (confusingly Gio size their fully fashioned and RHT differently)

Gios come a little higher up my leg.

I also wear Cervin in Extra Large (it says Size 4 on the packet) although I think I could wear the next size up opera length.

Hope this is of use to someone.