nylons cpl

Call The Midwife

35 posts in this topic

Great clip of doctors wife putting on underwear and wearing stockings and suspenders this evening bout 30mins into Christmas edition. Should be on the iPlayer.

Nice stocking scenes, very authentic!

Indeed, nice choice of nylons she had on. That era must of been so good as most ladies wore em.

A good attempt to get it right for 1963 but... a pantie girdle and separate suspender belt would not have been worn together at that time. It would have been an open bottom girdle with attached suspender clips. Lovely viewing though!

10 hours ago, Paul said:

A good attempt to get it right for 1963 but... a pantie girdle and separate suspender belt would not have been worn together at that time. It would have been an open bottom girdle with attached suspender clips. Lovely viewing though!

Disgraceful lack of attention to detail, I shall be writing in a harshly worded email to the BBC.

On 27/12/2017 at 2:24 PM, dansteely said:

The stockings look lace top too... Poor attention to detail.

Patterned yes, lace no - but you’re right in what you’re saying 👍🏻

The Mere Thought Of Helen George Wearing Stockings Works For Me Folks She Is Stunning As Nurse Trixie 

On 27/12/2017 at 2:24 PM, dansteely said:

The stockings look lace top too... Poor attention to detail.

Excuse me asking, but isn't that a photo of Jade you use as your avatar?

Also, may watch some of these but sometimes it is hard work sitting through a long program for nought.

Call the midwife new series back on tonight. Great show of stockings and suspenders on with numerous ladies in a strip club. 

Sunday evening has just got brilliant..

On 26/12/2017 at 7:34 PM, Paul said:

I agree in some respects, a pantie girdle over a suspender belt would be most unlikely in the early 1960's. 
I also noticed a pair of white briefs under the suspender belt. That with a pantie girdle would be like armour plating!!

However, most of my girl friends in those days wore a pantie girdle with suspenders, and very rarely wore an obg or suspender belt.
Far too accessible!! From one who was there!

Yes I agree,  it would have a OBG.  My mother and aunt wore them with nylons and full nylon panties.  Wonderful sight when you got the chance. A few years later by present wife (gf then) wore a panty girdle with suspenders attached - still attractive but harder access.

Loved the 60s strip club scenes. Went a few times to those - small clubs/small stage.  Were very close to the artists.

13 hours ago, nylons cpl said:

Call the midwife new series back on tonight. Great show of stockings and suspenders on with numerous ladies in a strip club. 

Sunday evening has just got brilliant..

Did you have a vid from this scenes??

Sorry only getting back to you now. That's the clip, enjoy 😁