shesout

stockings and "panties"

42 posts in this topic

Anyone else find "panties" much more preferable then "knickers" to describe a stocking lady's undies. For me "knickers" detracts from   the classiness, femininity  and elegance of stockings and suspenders whereas "panties" complements that classy sophisticated look - even in descriptions on hear of what ladies are wearing. The exception  though is "French knickers" which does have connotations of expensive elegance. Or maybe we should use  "French panties" to describe those luxurious items? The Victoria Secret shops seem to have got the idea  by  having a section clearly labelled as "panties".  Would be interesting to see if the staff have also been trained to use the word "panties" when assisting customers. Anyone tried that?

Hm..well...myself and my partner really don't like the word panties. It just sounds very American. Knickers sounds a lot sexier to us. 

Lady S always calls them pants/panties...says knickers sounds "slangy". As an alternative they could be called briefs.

3 hours ago, shesout said:

Anyone else find "panties" much more preferable then "knickers" to describe a stocking lady's undies. For me "knickers" detracts from   the classiness, femininity  and elegance of stockings and suspenders whereas "panties" complements that classy sophisticated look - even in descriptions on hear of what ladies are wearing. The exception  though is "French knickers" which does have connotations of expensive elegance. Or maybe we should use  "French panties" to describe those luxurious items? The Victoria Secret shops seem to have got the idea  by  having a section clearly labelled as "panties".  Would be interesting to see if the staff have also been trained to use the word "panties" when assisting customers. Anyone tried that?

You could always use your fellow dresser's term, 'nics or nix'.

Sorry I'm another one who prefers kickers to panties.

Please don't take offence but I always think of men dressed in frilly sissy outfits when I hear the word panties!

45 minutes ago, Hooked said:

Sorry I'm another one who prefers kickers to panties.

Please don't take offence but I always think of men dressed in frilly sissy outfits when I hear the word panties!

Like!

Usually refer to them as knickers. However, when chatting to an American or Canadian friend usually refer to them as panties.

I use the term knickers, panties I see as an american term.

And personally I would prefer pictures with stockings and knickers/panties and preferable without the 'camel toe' :58674bea1d8fb_EmojiSmiley-21::58674c0e68f1f_EmojiSmiley-85:

2 hours ago, Marcel Khebir said:

I usually say "knickers" but I would use "panties" if I talked to an American person.

and it's the same for tights/pantyhose...

Thank you for another viewpoint. I would even expand your understanding and include all of north america just not the states. I say it all depends on your frame of reference. Same as suspenders and garter belt right?

I thought Canadians lived in America... I didn't write "a US citizen"

In fact as I neither speak nor understand Spanish or Portuguese,  I would also use "panties" and "pantyhose"  "suspender belt" and "garter belt" if I spoke (in English) to any person from center or south America!!

OK, I know they speak Dutch in Surinam and French in Guiana !!!! I bet you'll forgive me !!

12 hours ago, Marcel Khebir said:

I thought Canadians lived in America... I didn't write "a US citizen"

In fact as I neither speak nor understand Spanish or Portuguese,  I would also use "panties" and "pantyhose"  "suspender belt" and "garter belt" if I spoke (in English) to any person from center or south America!!

OK, I know they speak Dutch in Surinam and French in Guiana !!!! I bet you'll forgive me !!

Canadians live in Canada and a lot of us speak French as a first language.

12 hours ago, pelle said:

Well I love the cameltoe.  And that bum too!  Great pics Knickers.

Me too, pelle. You can hardly say 'school panties', either. Much better sounding as school knickers.

Hopefully these photos will help those who like to see knickers with stockings and like to see traditional French knickers. You just could never call these garments panties 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Knickers said:

Hopefully these photos will help those who like to see knickers with stockings and like to see traditional French knickers. You just could never call these garments panties 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Total agreement. No arguments from me.

Delicious. xxxx

Black see through panties.... sounds so much more sexier than black see through knickers...l love the word panties while Marge uses both words..do you like my new panties? And these knickers are a little too tight..lol.

Beautiful lingerie, such a gorgeous colour and a lovely, curvy figure to show them off. xx 

As long as the lady is wearing stockings they can call their undergarments what ever they like for me :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

Edited by peeps

As I stated to wear stockings at 14 it was always suspender belt under my knickers, now it's my OBG under them

Andrea

2 hours ago, Knickers said:

Suspender belt under sheer knickers ...... It sounds right.....

image.jpeg

It looks right too.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Knickers said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fantastic colour ☺ looking hot ☺

3 hours ago, Knickers said:

image.jpeg

Just YUM ! ☺

In the early 20th century boy's knee length short pants were also known as "knickers" in America and England. My Dad said he couldn't wait to be old enough to wear long pants.

On 17/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, Its Me said:

I would prefer pictures with stockings and knickers/panties and preferable without the 'camel toe' :58674bea1d8fb_EmojiSmiley-21::58674c0e68f1f_EmojiSmiley-85:

Really?? Everyone loves the toe! I certainly do! 😛😛😜😜😎😎👍🏽👍🏽

Knickers, to me, sound more masculine. I like using panties, but then again, im a Yank. LOL

On 17/12/2017 at 10:09 PM, Marcel Khebir said:

I thought Canadians lived in America...

They live in north America. The continent, not (The United States of) America the country

As far back as I can recall and that's a long way, panties were and still are the language of American girls.  When I was in London a couple years ago I understood the word Knickers was usually used by the English ladies to mean the same as Panties.

Like I say I'm Going On Vacation!  The English call that Going On Holiday.  I say Ass, the English say Arse.

As we say here in the US and our language as far as manners go can not match the class of the English,  "It's all the same S--T in a different bucket."  So Knickers and Panties are one and the same.  I personally like the word Knickers!  I liked it even more when a fella asked me, "Susan, howsabout a peek at your Knickers eh?"  So I gave him a quick flash of my sheer black Knickers.  He will never be the same!

On 12/18/2017 at 2:05 PM, Knickers said:

image.jpeg

Now here is a great example!  No matter what you call it, Knickers or Panties, Arse or Ass, This is a Great Example of Perfection in any language!  This gets a Chicago "attababy" or great job of illustration!  I'm jealous!