Trinity

Sweet Home Alabammy

16 posts in this topic

Well, the wheels are definitely starting to fall off the Donald train.  Even the state which bought us Forrest Gump has had enough of stupidity ... Bravo.

1 hour ago, Trinity said:

Well, the wheels are definitely starting to fall off the Donald train.  Even the state which bought us Forrest Gump has had enough of stupidity ... Bravo.

Huh, I thought the movie was filmed in Hollywood.

So, it looks like Nigel Farage gave Roy Moore the full benefit of his election-winning experience.

2 hours ago, Trinity said:

Oh is that all you're gonna say on this? 

Ok, if you really want to know! I wanted Roy Moore to win. I was willing to pinch my nose and have him elected to the Senate because I thought it would advance Trump's agenda.

However, many voters in Alabama, a very Republican state, didn't share my views. Kudos to them! I admire them for taking a stand, and saying 'enough is enough'.

After all is said and done, it gives me a good feeling these people, with whom I share a political party, were able to make a judgement based on their personal beliefs and ideals, rather than 'for the good of the party'.

But I wonder if the media will portray this event in a similar manner. And will the opposing party, that seems to sell their vote to those that offer the most 'freebies', continue to call the republicans 'racists and bigots'?

6 hours ago, WestMerciaHeels said:

So, it looks like Nigel Farage gave Roy Moore the full benefit of his election-winning experience.

I don't think Nigel Farage will get the blame for the defeat and I don't think Nigel Farage minds, if people blame him for the EU referendum result or if peopleblame him for Donald Trump becoming the American President.  Nigel Farage's  CV looks pretty impressive for a serial UK General Election loser. 

1 hour ago, rowlf said:

Ok, if you really want to know! I wanted Roy Moore to win. I was willing to pinch my nose and have him elected to the Senate because I thought it would advance Trump's agenda.

However, many voters in Alabama, a very Republican state, didn't share my views. Kudos to them! I admire them for taking a stand, and saying 'enough is enough'.

After all is said and done, it gives me a good feeling these people, with whom I share a political party, were able to make a judgement based on their personal beliefs and ideals, rather than 'for the good of the party'.

But I wonder if the media will portray this event in a similar manner. And will the opposing party, that seems to sell their vote to those that offer the most 'freebies', continue to call the republicans 'racists and bigots'?

FAKE NEWS ALERT!

It is not the opposing party who call Republicans ‘racists and bigots’, it is me.
And it is not the Republicans I say it about, it is Trump.

Or am I being pedantic?

13 minutes ago, helen said:

FAKE NEWS ALERT!

It is not the opposing party who call Republicans ‘racists and bigots’, it is me.

Or am I being pedantic?

Hmm....slightly narcissistic. 

25 minutes ago, helen said:

FAKE NEWS ALERT!

Or am I being pedantic?

Not pedantic. Just your usual self Melen.

I understand D. Trump has just called Rupert Murdoch for reassurance that Fox News is not being sold to Disney. I suppose he was fearing an outbreak of truth-telling.
He needn’t have worried, Fox News is staying with Rupe.

As for the people of Alabama. It is most likely just a mild outbreak of common decency, I am sure they’ll soon be back in rude health.
Still, best to stay away for a while to be safe.

Alabama. What a beautiful word!

Alabama… Al…a…bam…a!

Someone should write a song.

41 minutes ago, helen said:

I understand D. Trump has just called Rupert Murdoch for reassurance that Fox News is not being sold to Disney. I suppose he was fearing an outbreak of truth-telling.

As for the people of Alabama. It is most likely just a mild outbreak of common decency, I am sure they’ll soon be back in rude health.

Alabama… Al…a…bam…a!

Ala bama it is, then! We've had more than enough of O bama....................:58674be8def50_EmojiSmiley-19:

6 hours ago, rowlf said:

I was willing to pinch my nose and have him elected

That's a new one. Has praying to baby Jesus fallen from favour these days ?

2 hours ago, helen said:

Alabama… Al…a…bam…a!

Neil Young did. Lynard Skynard didn't like it too much.  Forrest Gump loved it.