EssexLad

Classic car demonstrators knew how to dress

14 posts in this topic

Was just looking at some classic car pictures in a Facebook group and noticed how well dressed this demonstrator is.... If only the women in showrooms these days weren't all trouser wearing... 

about_puzzle_88_anzani_astra_470.jpg

Edited by ralvin

Her name was apparently Susan Flynn and was aged 19 at the time of the picture (1954 I believe)

Here's another one of her showing off her legs and the Anzani Astra car.....

astra5.jpg

With today's PC climate anything possibly sexual wouldn't allowed.   Great pics

Reminds me of 1980s at car shows and women did wear provocative sexy clothing to entice men.  

Lovely photos.  As much as it was good to grow up through the 1970s/1980s, there is part of me that wished that I had grown up through the 1950s/1960s as does seem to have been a much more interesting period.   

A well known class car company had a saleswoman in everyday black ff's in the early 1990's in Nottingham, saw her daily for about 3 years  and around the same era when I went to collect a new fiesta van from Bristol St Motors in Birmingham (which wasn't ready when I got there) virtually every woman I saw that worked there, sales and office staff was in seams of one sort or another inc gen ff's ! lovely

I went into Hyundia in Cambridge they have 2 very good looking sales ladies there.Both in skirts,but im guessing tights.Still better then looking at a snotty salesman by far

On 17/12/2017 at 12:20 PM, MontyB said:

I found the details and pictures here (not Facebook)

http://leroux.andre.free.fr/ukastra.htm

That is very interesting, Monty. I wonder if there are any left out there? An aluminium body should have survived even if the chassis has rotted away, and those Anzani engines went for ever.