explorer1954

Christine Keeler

8 posts in this topic

Christine Keeler, former model at heart of Profumo affair, dies at 75. https://t.co/wA2qKc0Pdq

I bet she had a few stories that were never told.

But this was from a time when an MP would resign for lying.

Edited by explorer1954

On 12/5/2017 at 7:36 PM, explorer1954 said:

Christine Keeler, former model at heart of Profumo affair, dies at 75. https://t.co/wA2qKc0Pdq

An MP resigning for telling lies!!!! If that was still the case we would have very few if any left...think expenses scandal for starters.

Edited by Lord Seaton

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, explorer1954 said:

As I've forgotten the intimate details, it was a big deal here in the US. Everyone loves a sex scandal. Especially when conducted by those 'high and mighty' Brits.

I googled this while I was typing, and was reminded there was Russian involvement, adding an international intrigue. Some things never change.............

What has happened to us since then? What has happened to our 'moral compass'? Mine has gone south, but that's an entirely different issue.

Because of life's inequities we grew ashamed of what we had worked so hard for. We wanted a level playing field. One in which diversity was erased from the scenario. We threw it all together so briskly that it liquefied and settled to the ground. And here we are.

Has anyone read about the actions of John Profumo after leaving public office? He worked as a volunteer and overcame the disgrace of his actions.

But as someone mentioned, it wouldn't be much of a disgrace in these times.

1 hour ago, rowlf said:

As I've forgotten the intimate details, it was a big deal here in the US. Everyone loves a sex scandal. Especially when conducted by those 'high and mighty' Brits.

I googled this while I was typing, and was reminded there was Russian involvement, adding an international intrigue. Some things never change.............

What has happened to us since then? What has happened to our 'moral compass'? Mine has gone south, but that's an entirely different issue.

Because of life's inequities we grew ashamed of what we had worked so hard for. We wanted a level playing field. One in which diversity was erased from the scenario. We threw it all together so briskly that it liquefied and settled to the ground. And here we are.

Has anyone read about the actions of John Profumo after leaving public office? He worked as a volunteer and overcame the disgrace of his actions.

So we have you and Mel/Helen to blame for this 'level playing field', huh?

On 24/01/2018 at 3:13 PM, rowlf said:

It is diversity that you seem to find a threat. Some of us welcome the diverse nature of our countries.

Profumo was an interesting individual he did great work at Toynbee Hall and raised a significant amount of money for them and was rightly commended for that.

Modern politicians of all stripes seem to avoid taking responsibility for their actions and have to be forced out of office.

51 minutes ago, explorer1954 said:

It is diversity that you seem to find a threat. Some of us welcome the diverse nature of our countries.

Profumo was an interesting individual he did great work at Toynbee Hall and raised a significant amount of money for them and was rightly commended for that.

Modern politicians of all stripes seem to avoid taking responsibility for their actions and have to be forced out of office.

Diversity is a threat? Absolutely not! I don't know why I went off on that 'moral compass' thing. But I did see John Profumo in a different light after reading up on his 'post scandal' life.