Sign in to follow this  
helencd_uk

It was alright in the 70's

12 posts in this topic

More 4 showed this series about a lot of the political uncorrectness in TV programmes from the time, and a lovely example can be found about 19 mins in if you go to catch up

Untitled.png

Gorgeous scene of this film - did you have a video from them!?

Damn, if this is what passes for being politically incorrect, the stockings scenes in "Animal House" and the "Graduate" are now suspect!  :58674bef4355d_EmojiSmiley-30:

bring back the 70,s i say 

27 minutes ago, helencd_uk said:

More 4 showed this series about a lot of the political uncorrectness in TV programmes from the time, and a lovely example can be found about 19 mins in if you go to catch up

Untitled.png

Yeah, this was on last year and I mentioned it on this forum too. Nice suspenders though. :) That's the way I like women wearing suspenders with them worn slightly above the knickers and I love the style of those suspenders.

There had already been a number of clips of different women in s&S prior to this....great show lol 

Those of us who grew up in the seventies and early eighties should be grateful we were able to see such a time. Of course it all fell apart when the “alternative” comics like Ben Elton started moralising on everyone else's behalf. I believe they were called alternative as what they did definitely didn’t count as comedy, so it must have been an alternative to comedy.

Look at TV now. Where are the Benny Hills? The Morecambe and Wises? The Two Ronnies? What happened to comedians who told actual jokes rather than just talking about their life for 45 minutes? Give me Dad's Army, The Good Life, Porridge, Are You Being Served?, and a liberal sprinkling of Hill, M&W and The Ronnies and I am a happy man. That’s what hurts most, they didn’t just take away the saucy seaside postcard nature of TV, they took the fun and joy and worst of all the laughter, and replaced it with an alternative which is about as funny as a night spent in A&E.

If someone ever invents a time machine I am gone. The Greatest Generation didn’t just save our bacon during WWII, they also made up cry with laughter.

5 hours ago, DreamSeeker said:

Those of us who grew up in the seventies and early eighties should be grateful we were able to see such a time. Of course it all fell apart when the “alternative” comics like Ben Elton started moralising on everyone else's behalf. I believe they were called alternative as what they did definitely didn’t count as comedy, so it must have been an alternative to comedy.

Look at TV now. Where are the Benny Hills? The Morecambe and Wises? The Two Ronnies? What happened to comedians who told actual jokes rather than just talking about their life for 45 minutes? Give me Dad's Army, The Good Life, Porridge, Are You Being Served?, and a liberal sprinkling of Hill, M&W and The Ronnies and I am a happy man. That’s what hurts most, they didn’t just take away the saucy seaside postcard nature of TV, they took the fun and joy and worst of all the laughter, and replaced it with an alternative which is about as funny as a night spent in A&E.

If someone ever invents a time machine I am gone. The Greatest Generation didn’t just save our bacon during WWII, they also made up cry with laughter.

Wholeheartedly agree. The thirties/forties must have been a very gentile time to live in (except for WWII). The attitude people had towards each other was far better than today...and as for the fashions and the way people dressed "properly" even wearing suits and dresses to go to the beach!!! If we could get the thirties/forties attitude today I think it could almost be an ideal world (sigh).

Edited by Lord Seaton

I agree with Lord Seaton, only funny man at the moment is Peter Kaye, the rest are just a total waste of space

There were countless times in the 1970's and 1980's when you would see ladies showing their stockings on TV and no one seemed to complain,  too much political correctness for me these days.