rowlf

Exposing sexual abuse in the US

66 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Its Me said:

Nope, I believe he was deadly serious.

There was no physical 'abuse' I would not have allowed that, but working in a mainly male environment I had to endure a lot of verbal comments of varying levels, again I mostly ignored or learnt to 'banter'. 

And had to be better at my job than male counterparts.

I understand what you're saying. And it was a demeaning moment for you in the workplace. 

Also on this subject. What do you think of my comments to Mrs T? Aren't there so many nuances between members of the opposite sex that many times signals get crossed and one or the other, or both must step back, somewhat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I understand what you're saying. And it was a demeaning moment for you in the workplace. 

Also on this subject. What do you think of my comments to Mrs T? Aren't there so many nuances between members of the opposite sex that many times signals get crossed and one or the other, or both must step back, somewhat.

By Mrs T, I assume you mean trinity.

To be honest I haven't paid much attention to your discussions as they seem like petty arguments and tit for tat point scoring.

Now this is going to sound sexist, but no man can every fully understand or respect the abuse women continually suffer and how we have to lower ourselves to a male level, quite often to just get on and survive in the world.

But , Bless, you are mainly amusing, whatever you wear or whatever guise you wish to portray and I quite like having some of you in my world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Its Me said:

By Mrs T, I assume you mean trinity.

To be honest I haven't paid much attention to your discussions as they seem like petty arguments and tit for tat point scoring.

You're right. Points trump everything.

Now this is going to sound sexist, but no man can every fully understand or respect the abuse women continually suffer and how we have to lower ourselves to a male level, quite often to just get on and survive in the world.

I agree with you 100%. Along with that, one could include minority groups.

But , Bless, you are mainly amusing, whatever you wear or whatever guise you wish to portray and I quite like having some of you in my world.

Yep, I wouldn't have it any other way!:58674bde4b3fb_EmojiSmiley-02:

You're pretty smart.................for a woman!:58674be644c95_EmojiSmiley-14:

 

Edited by rowlf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rowlf said:

You are so stoopid on this subject.!:58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:

You're the one who posed the question "where will it stop?"
By that you were clearly meaning...as you do ... "this PC crap has gone too far"  
I felt this was a somewhat typical, ignorant position for you to take and your comments to me continue to show that you have no idea whatsoever about the harassment and sexism that all women tolerate every single day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trinity said:

You're the one who posed the question "where will it stop?"
By that you were clearly meaning...as you do ... "this PC crap has gone too far"  
I felt this was a somewhat typical, ignorant position for you to take and your comments to me continue to show that you have no idea whatsoever about the harassment and sexism that all women tolerate every single day.

I have a full command of this situation, thank. I have abused and I have been abused. And after saying that, it's a very tough issue to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rowlf said:

I have a full command of this situation, thank. I have abused and I have been abused. And after saying that, it's a very tough issue to deal with.

Sorry to hear that. On both accounts. And yes it is. But what, so we just go "oh to hell with all this PC crap"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Trinity said:

Sorry to hear that. On both accounts. And yes it is. But what, so we just go "oh to hell with all this PC crap"?

No, I think you're wrong there. Tough times give us the strength to move forward and achieve our destiny. 'PC' is tantamount to lying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rowlf said:

 'PC' is tantamount to lying.

You call  anything that goes against your entitled position in life PC.  This sexual harassment thread is an example.  I find that most of the people spouting this "the world has become too PC" b.s are just dinosaurs that can't keep up with the pace of change. I get it, it's challenging. But it aint lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2017 at 11:20 PM, Its Me said:

By Mrs T, I assume you mean trinity.

To be honest I haven't paid much attention to your discussions as they seem like petty arguments and tit for tat point scoring.

And I suppose your comments aren't?

Now this is going to sound sexist, but no man can every fully understand or respect the abuse women continually suffer and how we have to lower ourselves to a male level, quite often to just get on and survive in the world.

Perhaps if ladies did as you suggest and stick to their higher plane they would now rule the world.

But , Bless, you are mainly amusing, whatever you wear or whatever guise you wish to portray and I quite like having some of you in my world.

Thank you for using your own situation to illustrate your point.

3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald Trump claims the numerous sexual misconduct allegations against him were a Democratic plot.

Trump:
“Despite thousands of hours wasted and many millions of dollars spent, the Democrats have been unable to show any collusion with Russia,” the president tweeted, “so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don’t know and/or have never met. FAKE NEWS!”

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders at a press conference:
“The president has first-hand knowledge on what he did or didn’t do.”

Democratic senator Kristen Gillibrand:
“But, of course, he won’t hold himself accountable,” she wrote. “Therefore, Congress should investigate the multiple sexual harassment and assault allegations against him.”

Trump:
“Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office ‘begging’ for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!”

Gillibrand:
“You cannot silence me or the millions of women who have gotten off the sidelines to speak out about the unfitness and shame you have brought to the Oval Office,”

Is justice done by Twitter in Trumpton? Do they have police?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, helen said:

Donald Trump claims the numerous sexual misconduct allegations against him were a Democratic plot.

Trump:
“Despite thousands of hours wasted and many millions of dollars spent, the Democrats have been unable to show any collusion with Russia,” the president tweeted, “so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don’t know and/or have never met. FAKE NEWS!”

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders at a press conference:
“The president has first-hand knowledge on what he did or didn’t do.”

Democratic senator Kristen Gillibrand:
“But, of course, he won’t hold himself accountable,” she wrote. “Therefore, Congress should investigate the multiple sexual harassment and assault allegations against him.”

Trump:
“Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office ‘begging’ for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!”

Gillibrand:
“You cannot silence me or the millions of women who have gotten off the sidelines to speak out about the unfitness and shame you have brought to the Oval Office,”

Is justice done by Twitter in Trumpton? Do they have police?

 

What's your problem? Liberals have always enjoyed their leftist media, and those views have run rampant for many years. It was not until Trump spoke the truth, and had the cohunes to stick by his comments. Unlike the Republican party that cowered in fear when accused of bigotry and racism.

What we are currently watching is a dirty political fight. The stakes are high, and I don't know which side with win..........either short term or long term. I have always suspected that those wanting the gov to supply their needs will ultimately win. These same people lacking the intelligence nor the experience to realize nobody gets something for nothing in this world.

Personally, I feel these 'sex abuse' issues are ploy by the Democrats to grasp political cred. There is nothing else they can add to their agenda, or side of the argument. ISIS has been contained, the stock market is soaring, new jobs and businesses are being created. We are finding out what a POS Obama's immigration policy was/is. I either ignore this silly stuff, or laugh out load when the media continue to campaign for the dems.

Although, to the victim, these allegations of sexual abuse, etc., should be dealt with. But given the timing, the length of time, the fact that Clinton seemed to get a free pass, these issues must be set aside.

There's something much more important being resolved at this time that will dramatically affect the direction of our country. I don't know about you guys, but I don't really relish the idea of China being the global policeman.

But then again, many may not give a shit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, rowlf said:

What's your problem? Liberals have always enjoyed their leftist media, and those views have run rampant for many years. It was not until Trump spoke the truth, and had the cohunes to stick by his comments. Unlike the Republican party that cowered in fear when accused of bigotry and racism.

What we are currently watching is a dirty political fight. The stakes are high, and I don't know which side with win..........either short term or long term. I have always suspected that those wanting the gov to supply their needs will ultimately win. These same people lacking the intelligence nor the experience to realize nobody gets something for nothing in this world.

Personally, I feel these 'sex abuse' issues are ploy by the Democrats to grasp political cred. There is nothing else they can add to their agenda, or side of the argument. ISIS has been contained, the stock market is soaring, new jobs and businesses are being created. We are finding out what a POS Obama's immigration policy was/is. I either ignore this silly stuff, or laugh out load when the media continue to campaign for the dems.

Although, to the victim, these allegations of sexual abuse, etc., should be dealt with. But given the timing, the length of time, the fact that Clinton seemed to get a free pass, these issues must be set aside.

There's something much more important being resolved at this time that will dramatically affect the direction of our country. I don't know about you guys, but I don't really relish the idea of China being the global policeman.

But then again, many may not give a shit.

 

I don’t know what all that was about.
Allegations have been made, If they are false it is in Trump’s interest to have them properly investigated to prove that. Why does he prefer to establish the ‘facts’ by an OTF style slagging match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, helen said:

I don’t know what all that was about.
Allegations have been made, If they are false it is in Trump’s interest to have them properly investigated to prove that. Why does he prefer to establish the ‘facts’ by an OTF style slagging match?

Well, what you don't know could possibly fill volumes. But I reckon you're saying that I missed your point. What was your point in the post? Do you have a point?

Why should President Trump have to 'prove' anything? Isn't it the burden of the victim to provide proof? Have these people been cryogenically in limbo on the possibility Trump was elected president?

There are many things to be said of Gillibrand's comments. You do know she has thoughts of running for president. Where was her voice during the Clinton regime?

Politics has always been dirty, I suppose. Now it's in the open for all to see. But, as almost always, people will see what they want to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rowlf said:

Why should President Trump have to 'prove' anything? Isn't it the burden of the victim to provide proof?

Trump:

“…so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don’t know and/or have never met. FAKE NEWS!”

You are right. Trump does not have to prove anything. If the allegations are false, the stories are fabricated and he never met the women a full investigation will show that. He could keep a dignified silence.
“The Trumpy doth protest too much, methinks”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, helen said:

Trump:

“…so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don’t know and/or have never met. FAKE NEWS!”

You are right. Trump does not have to prove anything. If the allegations are false, the stories are fabricated and he never met the women a full investigation will show that. He could keep a dignified silence.
“The Trumpy doth protest too much, methinks”

That's 'Trump being Trump'. I won't be the one to argue with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rowlf said:

That's 'Trump being Trump'. I won't be the one to argue with him.

Of course not. Trump could grab you by the (metaphorical) pussy and you'd not argue. Hell you'd probably argue that you were asking for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Trinity said:

Of course not. Trump could grab you by the (metaphorical) pussy and you'd not argue. Hell you'd probably argue that you were asking for it.

Now that I would like to see.

13 hours ago, helen said:

Trump:

“…so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don’t know and/or have never met. FAKE NEWS!”

You are right. Trump does not have to prove anything. If the allegations are false, the stories are fabricated and he never met the women a full investigation will show that. He could keep a dignified silence.
“The Trumpy doth protest too much, methinks”

Good to see old Mel in full song once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Trinity said:

Of course not. Trump could grab you by the (metaphorical) pussy and you'd not argue. Hell you'd probably argue that you were asking for it.

Hmm....pussy envy............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, as per normal, we've ended up focused on Trump, which is deserved in most respects because he is a cretin, however what about male to male sexual abuse. Kevin Spacey is undoubtedly the tip of a large Hollywood iceberg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trinity said:

Of course, as per normal, we've ended up focused on Trump, which is deserved in most respects because he is a cretin, however what about male to male sexual abuse. Kevin Spacey is undoubtedly the tip of a large Hollywood iceberg. 

You seem to have some kind of love/hate relationship with the 'Donald'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sort of thing has been going on for ages. I have just retired and I know that during the Eighties and Nineties, a lot of things went on that were not very nice. In those days people could get hired or fired relatively easily, so no one complained. Alright, men were not abused, but they were quite often forced to do things that were unacceptable, just because their boss told them to do it. In the film industry, the Director used to hire and fire actors, so they could basically do what they liked. In the UK we had an entertainer that abused children, plenty of people in the industry knew it was going on, but if they complained, were threatened with dismissal. Today we have the Web, better Human Resources Departments and diversity laws which have improved things a bit. The trouble is, the more powerful the person (man or woman), the more they can affect the complainants career. There is is also the issue of false claims, just to get compensation. In the firm I used to work for most of the white males were petrified when talking to women and diverse people, in case of what they were saying being taken the wrong way, and generally avoided talking to them except when they had to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your last paragraph is at the base of a lot of things these days, Ruby. People of both genders tend to jump in for what they hope they can get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, luckyme said:

I think your last paragraph is at the base of a lot of things these days, Ruby. People of both genders tend to jump in for what they hope they can get.

Rubbish. People who had no power now, through the greater ability to be heard/seen/, are getting some. The worm has turned and the Wienstien type douchbags of this world better take note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Trinity said:

Rubbish. People who had no power now, through the greater ability to be heard/seen/, are getting some. The worm has turned and the Wienstien type douchbags of this world better take note.

Not rubbish really.

In a totally different context, a woman in the UK has recently been jailed for trying to jump on the bandwagon by trying to claim compensation for relatives who supposedly died in a fire they had in London not so long ago. She had no relatives and didn't even live at the address herself.

Unlike sex harassment cases this could be investigated and proved false but for an unknown female to say a man molested her it is very hard to prove otherwise as it's her word against his. Whatever the outcome, mud sticks and the male, especially if he is famous, is left with the slur yet the woman is never heard of again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now