Tendenier392

Reinforcements advice

14 posts in this topic

Hi all

I am hoping with all the expertise out there that somebody can advise on which manufacturer of stockings has larger than normal toe reinforcements? 

I have seen a pair on a lovely lady where the reinforcement actually covered almost half off her nyloned soles and they looked divine.

Any knowledge ??

Thanks 

Tendenier392

I had some a few years ago.  Long tops and toes completely covered and underside it went over the ball of the foot.  I got mine from charity shop and can't remember make.   Fitted my small frame lovely. I wore tops high with bottom of welt being couple inches above knee. The welt unworn about 4 inches stretching more when worn.  Hence to say I wore longer skirts

I have or had a pair of vintage where the toe reinforcement underside reaches to a point in the middle of my sole, but as Carole, I purchased these in a charity shop some time ago and dont believe I still have them in original packaging.

So, yes they are out there and nope I wasn't much help :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

Thanks anyway !!! 

We have lots of vintage micromesh nylons in my collection and some of these will have slightly bigger toe reinforcements with underfoot seam but wifey doesn't really like the rougher feel of these nylons although I love how her feet look in them.

The ones in the pics I saw were definitely not micromesh...

I will keep trying to find out more.

Hi

I have had some stockings with a fully reinforced heel, sole and toe. I think Jonielle from John Lewis years ago. I may still have some in the packs.

Kate 

X

Eleganti/Touchable made them with an extra long toe reinforcement some time ago, they called them "Long Toe" RHT stockings and were a flat knit stocking. I had a look on their site but they don't seem to show them now, just the normal RHT's. I know they do periodically come up on ebay as I have bought them from there previously.

Sorry I can't be any more help, good luck with your quest.

Teri x

6 hours ago, kate said:

Hi

I have had some stockings with a fully reinforced heel, sole and toe. I think Jonielle from John Lewis years ago. I may still have some in the packs.

Kate 

X

Thank you Kate

Let me know if you find you still have some !!

4 hours ago, 23teri said:

Eleganti/Touchable made them with an extra long toe reinforcement some time ago, they called them "Long Toe" RHT stockings and were a flat knit stocking. I had a look on their site but they don't seem to show them now, just the normal RHT's. I know they do periodically come up on ebay as I have bought them from there previously.

Sorry I can't be any more help, good luck with your quest.

Teri x

Thanks very much Teri..

Personally, have found white stockings to have longer toe reinforcing. I think there is a balance between too short and too extreme but that's purely personal. Hope you find 

Micro mesh are more harsh on skin 

I usually wear them with more cushioned footwear

But yesterday I saw a woman in pub and showed the bottom of her foot and the reinforcement covered half of her foot 

Sorry I didn't ask what make she was in a party of people and would have seemed a bit wierd

Mr. Smooth, those stockings from Secrets In Lace look exactly like the stockings I wore as a teenager.  When I had dated Bill for a while we went shopping at the Goldblatz store in Chicago.  It was a Jewish department store with a hosiery section half a city block long.  I can't recall but I believe the stockings were the Berkshire brand.  All stockings ladies/girls wore rh&t's!  Berkshire was more expensive but better quality.  The extended toe section allowed the balls of the feet to rest in that area.  Many girls were wearing open heel and toe shoes with a 3-4 inch heels back then.  The extended toe section allowed more toughness for the balls of the feet to rest on.  With that downward thrust hosiery would often fail or tear at that point.  So Berkshire extended that area to make stockings destruction less of a problem.  They may or may not have know it but those rh&t stockings offered some out of the worlds best Eye Candy!  Just like the model at SIL!  First time I've seen those in years!  Thanks for your keen eye!  Oh, those were also my very first black rh&t stockings!  I did not achieve the "Whore Award" in high school because I never wore black rh&t stockings with ladders/runs on purpose.  They also looked great at "Sock Hops"  Anyone remember "Sock Hops" after the football or basketball games?  That was stockings feet paradise!

Would love to know more about "Sock Hops" Susan....sounds fascinating and stocking feet paradise ??? Oh my goodness👣