Trinity

Mugabe

208 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, rowlf said:

A defeatist attitude, pure and simple. Who passed them the torch? It sure as hell wasn't me! And they didn't have to take it from our grasp. Apparently, using your post as evidence, we passed it with a smug smile on our lips.

You keep saying 'we'. Please stop, I am not on your side.
But now that Megan and Harry are engaged I suppose that makes us in-laws.
Sort of.

3 hours ago, helen said:

You keep saying 'we'. Please stop, I am not on your side.
But now that Megan and Harry are engaged I suppose that makes us in-laws.
Sort of.

I apologize. I didn't mean to offend you. When using the term 'we' I was embracing those that have a vested interest in promoting ourselves  rather than accepting defeat so readily. There are some of us left that are proud of our accomplishments and what our counties have done for us. We are not ashamed like some, that take advantage of every benefit that is offered, yet express disdain for these freedoms instead of gratitude. You can twist and pervert these issues however you like. But it will always come down to self responsibility. Like it or not.

10 hours ago, rowlf said:

The ruination of our society began when we started respecting groups instead of picking individuals

So that was it. We went to hell in a handcart when we began respecting... women, Blacks, Indians, Gays, ... oh, hell, anyone who wasn't one of your privileged ilk, right ? It all makes sense now.

10 hours ago, rowlf said:

But our excuse that we have developed a trait called compassion and we deserve to suck hind teat in current events due to our past transgressions................poppycock!

If a criminal is to gain the respect of his society one of the things a criminal has to do, Rowlf, is atone for his crimes, show genuine remorse. The criminal also has to stop committing crimes.

I don't see your country's rampant crime spree all over the globe stopping any time too soon and I certainly haven't seen any atonement for it.

4 hours ago, Trinity said:

If a criminal is to gain the respect of his society one of the things a criminal has to do, Rowlf, is atone for his crimes, show genuine remorse. The criminal also has to stop committing crimes.

I don't see your country's rampant crime spree all over the globe stopping any time too soon and I certainly haven't seen any atonement for it.

You don't get it, but we are not the criminals. You are not God, and you are not able to, in some divine way pass judgement on historical occurrences that you've only read about or ideologues have used to brainwash you.

Why don't you, because of the sins of our fathers, make atonement by walking away from the benefits accrued by our criminal ways. I don't think you will. You talk in magnanimous compassionate terms far away from the heat of the battle. The only fear you understand is having a computer crash without a back-up. You're pro anything that enhances your lifestyle, and you tend to shun any disturbances unsettling your life.

You consider a banker in London more evil than a despot that starves an entire country. That Noko soldier that escaped across the DMZ and was shot several times was found carrying parasites in his body up to 10" long. If they treat their own people in this manner, what the hell do you think they would do with an atomic bomb? If you think the bureaucrats will ever stop their aggression you're mistaken. These people know that if they show weakness at any point, there population would rise up and slaughter them in a very bad way.

In your mind terrorists are just God fearing family men who had no other option but to slaughter, hang, decapitate, drown, cut-up the infidel. Quit smoking that stuff for a while so that your head can clear in order to see the error of your ways. And we are the criminals??????????

5 hours ago, rowlf said:

That Noko soldier that escaped across the DMZ and was shot several times was found carrying parasites in his body up to 10" long. If they treat their own people in this manner, what the hell do you think they would do with an atomic bomb?

Oh dear. This bit of incredible information gleaned straight of Fox News, no doubt, and completely oblivious to the reality that thousands upon thousands of American civilians have parasites inside their bodies right now.   I feel so much better now knowing that the Potus is asleep right now with his pinky resting gently on the nuclear trigger.

5 hours ago, rowlf said:

You don't get it, but we are not the criminals. You are not God, and you are not able to, in some divine way pass judgement on historical occurrences that you've only read about or ideologues have used to brainwash you.

Why don't you, because of the sins of our fathers, make atonement by walking away from the benefits accrued by our criminal ways. I don't think you will. You talk in magnanimous compassionate terms far away from the heat of the battle. The only fear you understand is having a computer crash without a back-up. You're pro anything that enhances your lifestyle, and you tend to shun any disturbances unsettling your life.

You consider a banker in London more evil than a despot that starves an entire country. That Noko soldier that escaped across the DMZ and was shot several times was found carrying parasites in his body up to 10" long. If they treat their own people in this manner, what the hell do you think they would do with an atomic bomb? If you think the bureaucrats will ever stop their aggression you're mistaken. These people know that if they show weakness at any point, there population would rise up and slaughter them in a very bad way.

In your mind terrorists are just God fearing family men who had no other option but to slaughter, hang, decapitate, drown, cut-up the infidel. Quit smoking that stuff for a while so that your head can clear in order to see the error of your ways. And we are the criminals??????????

15 minutes ago, Trinity said:

Oh dear. This bit of incredible information gleaned straight of Fox News, no doubt, and completely oblivious to the reality that thousands upon thousands of American civilians have parasites inside their bodies right now.   I feel so much better now knowing that the Potus is asleep right now with his pinky resting gently on the nuclear trigger.

Sorry, Trinity, but I think that all you are doing here is trying to wind up Rowlf and your flippant answers to his posts clearly show that you don't spend much time reading what he has to say. Either that or he is too near the truth for your comfort zone so you feel obliged to slightly ridicule his observations.

I will pose a theoretical scenario for you. Would you be happy with Mugabe (He of the OP) and his generals were running your country and if he was, would you be happy with the situation?

A sensible non-flippant answer, please.

Edited by luckyme

26 minutes ago, luckyme said:

Sorry, Trinity, but I think that all you are doing here is trying to wind up Rowlf and your flippant answers to his posts clearly show that you don't spend much time reading what he has to say. Either that or he is too near the truth for your comfort zone so you feel obliged to slightly ridicule his observations.

I will pose a theoretical scenario for you. Would you be happy with Mugabe (He of the OP) and his generals were running your country and if he was, would you be happy with the situation?

A sensible non-flippant answer, please.

We have no need for Mugabe. Or his generals. So, no. Were I a Zimbabwean back when he came to power, maybe.  

Edited by Trinity

2 minutes ago, luckyme said:

Not quite what I asked but if that's all I'm gonna get then fair enough.

Sorry, I felt I answered you. No, I wouldn't want Mugabe running my country, and if he was I would most certainly be driving an Uber in South Africa until he left. 

6 hours ago, rowlf said:

Why don't you, because of the sins of our fathers, make atonement by walking away from the benefits accrued by our criminal ways. I don't think you will. 

What are these benefits that you speak of Rowlf? 

2 hours ago, Trinity said:

Sorry, I felt I answered you. No, I wouldn't want Mugabe running my country, and if he was I would most certainly be driving an Uber in South Africa until he left. 

So you would step out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Zuma is just as bad and will be the next to go.

Dammit P, you did wind me up that's ok. When I was saying all those 'yous', I didn't mean you personally, but society in general. Although our political views differ dramatically, I still have respect for you, and that doesn't change.

I don't know why the world is so divided. But I feel that it is. I don't even think I'm 100% right in what I think. I don't really think you're completely wrong in what you say.

I post for myself to help understand the current events and to get feedback on other viewpoints. I don't mean to get personal, but sometimes I do and I apologize. Each of us wind up people in different ways. But we're a long ways from being told to have a well placed foot up our arse!:58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:

Luckyme, thank you for arbitrating. But don't make trouble for yourself. Each one of the three of us can very easily take care of him or her self.:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

damn, I forgot about the question you posed! How about 'Uber' being one?

Although I am no supporter of the Slave Trade, and I think it was terrible, I get fed up with people on about the injustice. If you were an ordinary person in the UK at that time, things were not that much better, I mean we had 5 year old's in mines pushing coal trucks, we also had them crawling under cotton machines. OK they did not get bought and sold as slaves, but their life expectancy was not much better. If you were a common "urk" then you were virtually a "slave" to the Land Owner, plus the fact that most of the Slaves were captured by the Africans themselves. In Victorian times you could get hung for stealing a slice of bread.  As to the subject of Mugabe, in this world there are lots of people that we may well not like, but they make money to keep the country rich. For Mugabe, it was the White Farmers, in the case of Idi Armin (I hope I spelt that right) it was the Asians. In both cases, once they had sorted out their issues (Mugabe getting rid of the Farmers, Armin expelling the Asians), both Countries went down the pan. Why do they not accept these people are making money, and just tax them. At work their was a fellow Engineer whose methods, I did not like, but he always managed to get me money for my projects, so I never upset him as he was useful.

1 hour ago, ruby said:

Although I am no supporter of the Slave Trade, and I think it was terrible, I get fed up with people on about the injustice. If you were an ordinary person in the UK at that time, things were not that much better, I mean we had 5 year old's in mines pushing coal trucks, we also had them crawling under cotton machines. OK they did not get bought and sold as slaves, but their life expectancy was not much better. If you were a common "urk" then you were virtually a "slave" to the Land Owner, plus the fact that most of the Slaves were captured by the Africans themselves. In Victorian times you could get hung for stealing a slice of bread.  As to the subject of Mugabe, in this world there are lots of people that we may well not like, but they make money to keep the country rich. For Mugabe, it was the White Farmers, in the case of Idi Armin (I hope I spelt that right) it was the Asians. In both cases, once they had sorted out their issues (Mugabe getting rid of the Farmers, Armin expelling the Asians), both Countries went down the pan. Why do they not accept these people are making money, and just tax them. At work their was a fellow Engineer whose methods, I did not like, but he always managed to get me money for my projects, so I never upset him as he was useful.

A timely post Ruby and thank you for hammering home the points that others besides yourself have tried to get across to the PC's and die-hards. As you have pointed out, it would depend on what level of society a person found him or herself in. Up at dawn and bed as soon as it was too dark to work, no education so you had no idea of what was happening anywhere in the next town, never mind the next county or heaven forbid, somewhere abroad. Getting slung off land where you'd been living all your life, on the whim of the land owner because he'd heard that there was money in wool and mutton. Facing this, you had three options, move and change your occupation and way of life, hit the emigrant trail and take ship to counties new, or very simply starve to death. By the way, you missed out chimney sweep and sewer cleaners, along with night soil collectors and tanners treaders in your list for 'slave' labour.

10 hours ago, luckyme said:

So you would step out of the frying pan and into the fire?

Zuma is just as bad and will be the next to go.

No not at all. I was merely answering your hypothetical question flippantly because I wanted to bring up South Africa, having recently holidayed there. Corruption and Zuma came up a lot in discussions with Uber drivers (mostly Zimbabwean, Nigerian and Malawian immigrants) . They all felt that the situation in SA was far preferable to their home countries. That's not an endorsement of Zuma btw.  Personally I felt disappointed for SA.  I was naively optimistic  that it would be working it's way free of all the post colonial nightmares that a) it suffered and b) that gave rise to Amin and Mugabe et al.. , Rawanda, and so on... ad infinitum in much of the rest of Africa. Maybe the hurdles left by the colonials are simply too big to jump legitimately?

11 hours ago, rowlf said:

damn, I forgot about the question you posed! How about 'Uber' being one?

Oh I think those very clever Irish, Russian or Kiwi IT people would have come up with Uber had your silicon valley types not . Regardless the app happened irrespective of  USA's illegal invasion of Iraq (to name but one of many illegal viz. criminal, interference's against a nation) ...

11 hours ago, ruby said:

So, what you're saying is that wealthy capitalists, industrialists and politicians with a colonialist /hegemonic agenda   took advantage of the good folk of where ever they were pillaging, right ?  

9 hours ago, luckyme said:

Up at dawn and bed as soon as it was too dark to work, no education so you had no idea of what was happening anywhere in the next town, never mind the next county or heaven forbid, somewhere abroad. Getting slung off land where you'd been living all your life, on the whim of the land owner because he'd heard that there was money in wool and mutton. Facing this, you had three options, move and change your occupation and way of life, hit the emigrant trail and take ship to counties new, or very simply starve to death. By the way, you missed out chimney sweep and sewer cleaners, along with night soil collectors and tanners treaders in your list for 'slave' labour.

So, what you're saying is that wealthy capitalists, industrialists and politicians with a colonialist /hegemonic agenda   took advantage of the good folk of where ever they were pillaging, right ?   And it also sounds like you're saying thank heavens for Trade Unions too, right ?

6 hours ago, Trinity said:

So, what you're saying is that wealthy capitalists, industrialists and politicians with a colonialist /hegemonic agenda   took advantage of the good folk of where ever they were pillaging, right ?   And it also sounds like you're saying thank heavens for Trade Unions too, right ?

That is exactly what did happen, hence why Trade Unions were created. I heard a story about Coal Miners in the early days of electricity, where several Miners were electrocuted because the Mine Owner would not pay for insulation on the wire.Just imagine working in a near dark enviroment next to a 240 volt wire. With the Docks, the Dockers were basically on "Zero Hours" contracts, where the Owner would select workers on a day by day basis. The problem was that in the 70's the Unions became too powerful and Political, and looking after the Members became secondary. Now, we tend to be going round full circle to what existed before the Unions, where Company Owners take advantage of their workers with "Zero Hours" contracts, dubious "Self Employed Contracts" and excessive extra hour's work without overtime pay.

9 hours ago, Trinity said:

Yes, that is more or less what I'm saying. I'm also saying that if there had been no white intervention, that these hard done by natives would probably be still living in huts and herding goats.

Please don't start me on trade unions. I wouldn't give them house room. The idea at inception was very good and helped workers enormously but due to power crazed leaders the idea quickly got out of hand.

11 hours ago, Trinity said:

No not at all. I was merely answering your hypothetical question flippantly because I wanted to bring up South Africa, having recently holidayed there. Corruption and Zuma came up a lot in discussions with Uber drivers (mostly Zimbabwean, Nigerian and Malawian immigrants) . They all felt that the situation in SA was far preferable to their home countries. That's not an endorsement of Zuma btw.  Personally I felt disappointed for SA.  I was naively optimistic  that it would be working it's way free of all the post colonial nightmares that a) it suffered and b) that gave rise to Amin and Mugabe et al.. , Rawanda, and so on... ad infinitum in much of the rest of Africa. Maybe the hurdles left by the colonials are simply too big to jump legitimately?

Or perhaps Zuma et al are not ready or unable to jump these hypothetical hurdles.

Edited by luckyme

13 hours ago, Trinity said:

Maybe the hurdles left by the colonials are simply too big to jump legitimately?

Read the last few posts, mam. There's still a few members around here that understand the global history.

Even if you were right in blaming whitey for all the turmoil in Africa, it still doesn't change anything. This is the hand they were dealt. Your sympathy doesn't mean diddly quat! It doesn't help them one bit.

What your posts indicate is that you have a difficult time in comprehending world events. It may be that you spent too much time in the pub with those other wanton hussies. You embrace a barroom mentality that leaves you wanting.....................for a comprehensive understanding of current events, anyway.

However, I've always been comforted by the fact that you can't fall down when you're lying in the gutter.

Edited by rowlf

38 minutes ago, helen said:

Are Rowlf and Trump the same person?

Nope! Trump is much older than me. But he has a little bit more money.............:58674bea1d8fb_EmojiSmiley-21: And I don't have orange hair.:58674bde4b3fb_EmojiSmiley-02:

2 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Nope! Trump is much older than me. But he has a little bit more money.............:58674bea1d8fb_EmojiSmiley-21: And I don't have orange hair.:58674bde4b3fb_EmojiSmiley-02:

Neither does Trump isn't it a lousy wig

1 hour ago, explorer1954 said:

Neither does Trump isn't it a lousy wig

Nope, it's his real hair.

2 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Nope, it's his real hair.

That's a shame for him then 

3 hours ago, explorer1954 said:

That's a shame for him then 

Sounds like a personal opinion. Shouldn't you elites vote on it to reach some sort of a consensus?

13 minutes ago, rowlf said:

Sounds like a personal opinion. Shouldn't you elites vote on it to reach some sort of a consensus?

Such alt right group think bless 

10 hours ago, luckyme said:

I'm also saying that if there had been no white intervention, that these hard done by natives would probably be still living in huts and herding goats.

You mean as opposed to this?

1200px-Soweto_township.jpg

8 hours ago, rowlf said:

Read the last few posts, mam. There's still a few members around here that understand the global history.

Even if you were right in blaming whitey for all the turmoil in Africa, it still doesn't change anything. This is the hand they were dealt. Your sympathy doesn't mean diddly quat! It doesn't help them one bit.

What your posts indicate is that you have a difficult time in comprehending world events. It may be that you spent too much time in the pub with those other wanton hussies. You embrace a barroom mentality that leaves you wanting.....................for a comprehensive understanding of current events, anyway.

However, I've always been comforted by the fact that you can't fall down when you're lying in the gutter.

As usual the point sails over your head like a Noko missile test.   You keep referring to the past, as if all of this hegemony and colonialism has stopped. Your government is doing this crap day in and day out.  The good news is that at least you can get Kentucky friend chicken in Soweto.  It makes a nice change from goat for the poor native folk. 

8 minutes ago, Trinity said:

As usual the point sails over your head like a Noko missile test.   You keep referring to the past, as if all of this hegemony and colonialism has stopped. Your government is doing this crap day in and day out.  The good news is that at least you can get Kentucky friend chicken in Soweto.  It makes a nice change from goat for the poor native folk. 

The 'poor native folk' can afford Kentucky fried chicken?

15 minutes ago, Trinity said:

I mean exactly as opposed to this. This is what happens when black natives, with no intervention by whites, get a collective urge to move to where they think things are better but only to find that they are far worse off.

35 minutes ago, Trinity said:

Is this the hotel complex you stayed in while on holiday in South Africa?