Trinity

Mugabe

208 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, rowlf said:

Not wanting in the least bit to appear racist, do ya think it may be in their dna?

No I don't. There have been numerous tyrants, all over the world from various races and cultures. Look at the one you currently have in the oval office. 

You had better quit watching the left leaning media for your info. In what way is he a tyrant? Cos he doesn't want the Noko's to have a bomb that could kill millions? We had a milquetoast in the oval office for 8 eight years, and lax in judgement for decades............which is why we're in the mess that we are now.

It appears someone must lead in this world. If you're not the lead dog, the view is always the same.

13 hours ago, Trinity said:

No I don't. There have been numerous tyrants, all over the world from various races and cultures. Look at the one you currently have in the oval office. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I wasn't aware that President Trump had committed Genocide to his fellow countrymen, or any other men come to that. 

3 hours ago, luckyme said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I wasn't aware that President Trump had committed Genocide to his fellow countrymen, or any other men come to that. 

I don't know if genocide is a prerequisite of a tyrant but D Trump has shown a liking for dictators. If he has not yet made friends with Mugabe he had better be quick.

Joseph Stiglitz, the Nobel prize-winning economist, speaking about Donald Trump:
“I certainly think he has those (fascist) tendencies. He is restrained by our institutions and every day those institutions work we feel relieved. We don’t know what the bounds are and we don’t know how far he would push those bounds.
“A couple of things are most disturbing – the attack on the press and the attack on the foundations of knowledge which goes beyond the press.”
“We have never had a president who day after day lies and is unaffected by it. Normally everybody you deal with is tethered by a sense of responsibility and truth, but not him.”
“I think the other thing you have seen with some of these fascist leaders is using ‘us versus them’ as a way of dividing society. Trump is using racism and misogyny to divide America.”

Tony Schwartz the co-author of Donald Trump’s memoir The Art of the Deal has said the US President harbours a deep-seated desire to become a dictator.
Schwartz claims Trump has the characteristics of a sociopath, the prospect of war actively excites him and he lacks the emotional intelligence needed to comprehend the devastating consequences of conflict. The prospect of millions of deaths does not arouse normal feelings of guilt in him.

Senator Chris Murphy on Trump:
"We are concerned that the President of the United States is so unstable, is so volatile, has a decision-making process that is so quixotic that he might order a nuclear weapons strike that is wildly out of step with US national security interests”.

What exactly does it mean to be a Nobel prize winning anything? Obama was a Nobel prize winning douche bag. I would think the bar was lowered at that moment, if it could be lowered any further.

All you have is a collection of opinions, claims, innuendo. Show me the facts! Show me how others could have handled the problems he has had since taking office. Problems that need not be there if his predecessors had done their job.

You live in a fantasy world which perpetuates fantastic your own dreams........

Show me the facts, melen.............or put the seat down!

There has been many dictators over the last 100 plus years and I have no doubt that there will be many more in the next 100 years to come.

Mugabe started out doing the right thing for Zimbabe, 30 plus years ago, however in the last 15 years he has taken away land from many people supposedly to build properties for those without homes, but yet nothing has been built on those lands within those years? 

Yes, I know that taking away of land happens here in the UK, but when that happens there is something built on the land within 5 years usually.     

In making any laws, it has usually been with Mugabe that it is his way or you get executed.  Look how long any has lasted when going against him in politics.  It has been a case of well, we will let you have you say for a few months or a few years, then we will execute you for going against the government.    

With regards to Donald Trump, I don't believe as yet he has had someone executed because they don't believe in his type of politics, has he?      

If any land is required in England it is always compensated for. The owners are not evicted as in Zimbabwe, usually with serious injury and certainly no compensation.

I wouldn't consider leading ZAPU as doing the right thing.

Digressing a little in order to respond to Rowlf, the universal cry is Yanks go home because you just can't stop sticking your nose into other sovereign states business (especially if there is oil or mineral money to be made) America is not the policeman of the world. You are repeating the same mistakes we Brits made when we thought we ruled the world. We, the Brits, thought we were bringing civilisation to the dark continents instead we drew up artificial and arbitrary borders that have caused dissension ever since. However we did leave behind the gift of the English language although you Yanks do your best to mangle it.:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06::58674bde4b3fb_EmojiSmiley-02:

My most sincere felicitations to you Mr Rowlf , John B.

4 hours ago, bratman said:

Digressing a little in order to respond to Rowlf, the universal cry is Yanks go home because you just can't stop sticking your nose into other sovereign states business (especially if there is oil or mineral money to be made) America is not the policeman of the world. You are repeating the same mistakes we Brits made when we thought we ruled the world. We, the Brits, thought we were bringing civilisation to the dark continents instead we drew up artificial and arbitrary borders that have caused dissension ever since. However we did leave behind the gift of the English language although you Yanks do your best to mangle it.:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06::58674bde4b3fb_EmojiSmiley-02:

My most sincere felicitations to you Mr Rowlf , John B.

I think you've stated a mouthful that should've left a fairly bad taste in your mouth. If 'sovereign states' could conduct their business in a competent manner, maybe the world wouldn't need someone to police it. If we didn't at least make this attempt, I'm certain that Russia, China, or ISIS would be glad to take our place. Possibly you may consider this scenario as an improvement to our insertion of our Yankee noses. The only thing is, the people that would pull your chains, would still be left to deal with so that we could protect our sovereignty when others could not, or chose not to do so.

You Brits initiated your decline when you made the decision to accept being second best. Make no mistake about that.

This is a dynamic world that you decided some time ago not to participate in. It ain't our fault. There are way too many Yankee graves in Europe for you to say what you did.

And God bless you, John B.

33 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I think you've stated a mouthful that should've left a fairly bad taste in your mouth. If 'sovereign states' could conduct their business in a competent manner, maybe the world wouldn't need someone to police it. If we didn't at least make this attempt, I'm certain that Russia, China, or ISIS would be glad to take our place. Possibly you may consider this scenario as an improvement to our insertion of our Yankee noses. The only thing is, the people that would pull your chains, would still be left to deal with so that we could protect our sovereignty when others could not, or chose not to do so.

You Brits initiated your decline when you made the decision to accept being second best. Make no mistake about that.

This is a dynamic world that you decided some time ago not to participate in. It ain't our fault. There are way too many Yankee graves in Europe for you to say what you did.

And God bless you, John B.

Oh sweetheart, there are plenty of ANZAC bodies under European soil courtesy of Her Majesty too. But John B raised a valid argument. And why bag the Ruskies? Your guy is in bed with them. 

Funny that you mention ISIS btw. Haven't heard of their terrible threat since Trump took over and made Korea the new bad guys. 

12 hours ago, bratman said:

Digressing a little in order to respond to Rowlf, the universal cry is Yanks go home because you just can't stop sticking your nose into other sovereign states business (especially if there is oil or mineral money to be made) America is not the policeman of the world. You are repeating the same mistakes we Brits made when we thought we ruled the world. We, the Brits, thought we were bringing civilisation to the dark continents instead we drew up artificial and arbitrary borders that have caused dissension ever since. However we did leave behind the gift of the English language although you Yanks do your best to mangle it.

I have done a little research. It seems the only parts of Africa that have never been colonized are Ethiopia and Liberia, and even these are disputed. We can never know what Africa would have become without the centuries of brutal repression under European rule. America’s effect on the world has been small and fairly benign by comparison, at least they have had the grace to keep most of their brutal repression within their own borders.
But things are looking up!
    "From this day forward it's going to be only America first, America first.”

We can only pray they are not prepared to fight to the last Korean child to prove it.

8 hours ago, Trinity said:

Oh sweetheart, there are plenty of ANZAC bodies under European soil courtesy of Her Majesty too. But John B raised a valid argument. And why bag the Ruskies? Your guy is in bed with them. 

I'm not your sweetie, you wonton hussy. And it's the prostitutes that Trump supposedly sent to pee in the bed Obama and Michelle, my bell, slept in, is the only bed I'm aware of.

Funny that you mention ISIS btw. Haven't heard of their terrible threat since Trump took over and made Korea the new bad guys. 

They're being disintegrated as we speak. If you listened to real news, you would realize they're traveling south the escape the onslaught. The Nokos are made bad guys cos they are bad guys.

16 minutes ago, helen said:

I have done a little research. It seems the only parts of Africa that have never been colonized are Ethiopia and Liberia, and even these are disputed. We can never know what Africa would have become without the centuries of brutal repression under European rule. America’s effect on the world has been small and fairly benign by comparison, at least they have had the grace to keep most of their brutal repression within their own borders.

We can only pray they are not prepared to fight to the last Korean child to prove it.

Huh? Whazitabout? I'm missing something here, I think. Who are you anyway? So we're all despicables, huh? I can't understand the people that have contributed the least to their standard of living desire to go belly up and criticize the ones who brought you to where you are today. Go figure............

2 hours ago, helen said:

Ethiopia was partly colonized by Italy before, during and after WW1, but where is Liberia. It also would be helpful if you gave an actual time scale of your assertions, too. Various European countries have at various times, annexed parts of the African continent. Not sure what you mean of 'brutal repression' but I suppose you mean the slave trade, but it was the Arabs and other local tribes who captured these slaves in the first place and don't forget, Bristol and Liverpool would still be fishing villages.

The Korean problem can only be sorted by Kim himself, any country can rattle a few sabres but unless he is completely bonkers I cannot see him instigating any action that will most certainly lead to the complete destruction of his country.

11 hours ago, Trinity said:

I really must take you to task over this statement, Trinity. Her Majesty had nothing to do with any burial detail.

7 hours ago, rowlf said:

They're being disintegrated as we speak. If you listened to real news, you would realize they're traveling south the escape the onslaught. The Nokos are made bad guys cos they are bad guys.

How convenient. Don't you guys get sick of inventing bad guys each administration change? 

7 hours ago, rowlf said:

I'm not your sweetie, you wonton hussy. And it's the prostitutes that Trump supposedly sent to pee in the bed Obama and Michelle, my bell, slept in, is the only bed I'm aware of.

You're saying Obama and his wife slept with prostitutes paid for by Trump? Fake News! 

5 hours ago, luckyme said:

Ethiopia was partly colonized by Italy before, during and after WW1, but where is Liberia. It also would be helpful if you gave an actual time scale of your assertions, too. Various European countries have at various times, annexed parts of the African continent. Not sure what you mean of 'brutal repression' but I suppose you mean the slave trade, but it was the Arabs and other local tribes who captured these slaves in the first place and don't forget, Bristol and Liverpool would still be fishing villages.

The Korean problem can only be sorted by Kim himself, any country can rattle a few sabres but unless he is completely bonkers I cannot see him instigating any action that will most certainly lead to the complete destruction of his country.

Annexed? I suppose that is one way of putting it.
The list of atrocities by Europeans against Africans is a long one and it is easy to find. I will not do the work for you.
Here are a few:

• Genocide by Germany in Namibia in early 20th century.
  • Exploitation and mass deaths of the native Congolese population under Leopold II of Belgium.
  • The many massacres and deportations of north Africans by the French in the second half of the 19th century.
  • Tens of thousands of black Africans and Boer women and children died in British concentration camps during the Boer War.

I am pleased to hear that the British are off the hook on the slavery rap. I feel better for that.

7 hours ago, helen said:

I am pleased to hear that the British are off the hook on the slavery rap. I feel better for that.

And according to Rowlfie, thanks to USA we get to enjoy everything we have today.  How patronising.

And according to Rowlfie, thanks to USA we get to enjoy everything we have today.  How patronising.

We owe much to the people of the USA. Without them we may never have known the true value of overstatement.

22 minutes ago, helen said:

We owe much to the people of the USA. Without them we may never have known the true value of overstatement.

Hmm.....I can appreciate how one could reply in such a fashion. And if not for the fact I consider myself the quintessential Yank, I would feel umbrage for these posts. I know it's difficult for you gurls to rationalize this, but we live in a world that has been formed to great degree, by events of the past. I.e., it is what it is. I see so much Monday morning quarterbacking on the OTF.

We seem to dwell on the would've, could've, should've's. But I would suggest each one of us should take a 'selfie' of our self, and conduct an introspection of where we are today.

Obviously, I'm of average intelligence and could never compare to the likes of you two. But I'll make an attempt. For some time now, I've been of the opinion that this world should be considered a living breathing organism, which it is. And this living organism consists of cells working for a common goal...........the support of life. Any one of those living cells possess not only the potential, but the inescapable reality of changing the dynamics of the world. But these cells must support life or they will die. 

If this is true, even in a quasi de facto way, then it's our duty to take what we have achieved, and build upon it. To discuss and dwell on the brutality and arrogance of man, instead of making the best of all that we have, is quite.........................lame.

On 11/17/2017 at 4:35 PM, rowlf said:

Not wanting in the least bit to appear racist, do ya think it may be in their dna?

Same DNA as everyone else....

46 minutes ago, Mary H-G said:

Same DNA as everyone else....

I thought we all had different DNA. If not, all those commercials on the telly wanting me to pay them to analyze my ancestry, is ripping off everybody.

Edited by rowlf

On 20/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, luckyme said:

I really must take you to task over this statement, Trinity. Her Majesty had nothing to do with any burial detail.

Not worth correcting in your opinion, Trinity?

44 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I thought we all had different DNA. If not, all those commercials on the telly wanting me to pay them to analyze my ancestry, is ripping off everybody.

Sigh, we all have human DNA. Is that close enough?

18 hours ago, helen said:

Boer women and children died in British concentration camps during the Boer War.

That's correct. The British were accused of feeding fish hooks and broken glass to these inmates whereas the reason some of them died was down to their own misunderstanding of hygiene.

The Brits, along with most other countries were only responsible for the transportation of Africans and at the same time introduced sugar, cotton and coffee to Europe. Profit is all.

I too will allow you to find these relevant facts for yourself.

33 minutes ago, Mary H-G said:

Sigh, we all have human DNA. Is that close enough?

No, it's not. Not for the point I was attempting to make. Why don't you just tell me what you think about this African experience?

2 hours ago, rowlf said:

For some time now, I've been of the opinion that this world should be considered a living breathing organism, which it is. And this living organism consists of cells working for a common goal...........the support of life. Any one of those living cells possess not only the potential, but the inescapable reality of changing the dynamics of the world. But these cells must support life or they will die. 

If this is true, even in a quasi de facto way, then it's our duty to take what we have achieved, and build upon it. To discuss and dwell on the brutality and arrogance of man, instead of making the best of all that we have, is quite.........................lame.

That is an interesting post Mr. Rowlf. Your theory seems to suggest that cells know what they are doing and act with a purpose. I don’t understand that, it sounds a bit like James Lovelock’s Gaia theory. I don’t understand that either and I am too lazy to find out. But if we are to build on what we have achieved we must first be truthful about it, including the brutality and arrogance.
I have just heard Mugabe has resigned, and about time too. Mugabe started out as a democrat and a popular hero. He changed, (who knows what makes a dictator?) but he retained a burning hatred of British imperialism, in fact it seemed to grow with his paranoia. He developed a habit of blaming his troubles on Tony Blair.
 The myth still persists here that the British went to Africa to ‘civilize’ them with railways, Jesus and the language of Shakespeare, and the rubber, coffee, cocoa, ivory, diamonds, gold, silver and copper were just happy accidents along the way. Older members may remember the old Pathé newsreels of happy, smiling black faces waving cheerfully at Land Rovers disguised as zebras. This was only part of the truth. The British went to Africa for one reason only, profit. They went to Africa to exploit its natural and its human resources and exploit them they did. We do ourselves no favours to pretend otherwise.

32 minutes ago, helen said:

That is an interesting post Mr. Rowlf. Your theory seems to suggest that cells know what they are doing and act with a purpose. I don’t understand that, it sounds a bit like James Lovelock’s Gaia theory. I don’t understand that either and I am too lazy to find out. But if we are to build on what we have achieved we must first be truthful about it, including the brutality and arrogance.
I have just heard Mugabe has resigned, and about time too. Mugabe started out as a democrat and a popular hero. He changed, (who knows what makes a dictator?) but he retained a burning hatred of British imperialism, in fact it seemed to grow with his paranoia. He developed a habit of blaming his troubles on Tony Blair.
 The myth still persists here that the British went to Africa to ‘civilize’ them with railways, Jesus and the language of Shakespeare, and the rubber, coffee, cocoa, ivory, diamonds, gold, silver and copper were just happy accidents along the way. Older members may remember the old Pathé newsreels of happy, smiling black faces waving cheerfully at Land Rovers disguised as zebras. This was only part of the truth. The British went to Africa for one reason only, profit. They went to Africa to exploit its natural and its human resources and exploit them they did. We do ourselves no favours to pretend otherwise.

Thank you, but I feel as though you've missed the thrust of my post. I have never once suggested that we should hide past events. We should be honest in interpreting our history so that we can learn from it. Sometimes we call be proud. Often disdain. But we own it and can move beyond it. But we mustn't use it as an excuse for rationale, or our future actions.

I suppose your understanding my 'cells' comment is that the cells are able to flip a coin and there is a 50/50 chance for them to live or die. I don't think so. There is something called an inherent instinct that all carbon units have, and that is choosing life over death. I'm certain you possess this quality. And you are made up of individual cells.

I imagine, given time and accounting, we can all be corrupted. You may not believe this, but many past leaders have been corrupted whom are neither black nor indigenous to the African continent. But then again, we could possibly manufacture crutches for them, as well.

Something to thing about. You're too young for this, but in the 60's we danced to the 'watusi', and I'm fairly certain you Brits didn't pass it on to the Africans.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:34 AM, Trinity said:

Is this finally the end of a tyrant?  Or will we just see yet another??

In the final analysis, we may just have to decide that the Devil made him do it...................

2 hours ago, luckyme said:

Not worth correcting in your opinion, Trinity?

My apologies. Of course Her Majesty would never get her hands dirty.

2 hours ago, Trinity said:

My apologies. Of course Her Majesty would never get her hands dirty.

Oh, I believe she got her hands dirty as many a time she could be found up to her elbows in an engine. What she never had a part in was sending Anzac troops to their deaths.

3 hours ago, helen said:

You are way off the truth. Mugabe was never a democrat, he was out from day one to forward one person, himself. His burning hatred was not for the British but any white race that tried to stand in his way to the top. This included any whites who had pulled his country up by it's bootlaces and developed it, giving work to many natives who would have sat in front of their grass huts and got drunk on home brew. Have you seen what these white plantations, farms and bungalows are like now they have been taken over by the natives who forcibly ejected the owners? I'll tell you. A whole village lives in one of the houses, there are goats in some of the rooms and the women have lit fires in the middle of the floor to cook on. In other words they have reverted to their origins.

Much as you dislike the idea, we did civilise them. We weren't to know they didn't want civilising.

As for profit, I've already said this was the case, but please tell me about anything that is done NOT for profit - by any race.

8 hours ago, luckyme said:

Oh, I believe she got her hands dirty as many a time she could be found up to her elbows in an engine. What she never had a part in was sending Anzac troops to their deaths.

You are correct. I apologise unreservedly. HIS Majesty was at fault. Not sure how many of our chaps have died defending Great Britain's honour since 1953.... maybe a few perished in the Falklands?