mia_spencer

That ‘Oh’ Moment

12 posts in this topic

We’ve all been there and done it.  I’m not talking about the ‘O” moment, but rather the “Oh <insert choice of profanity here>’ moment when you’ve suddenly snagged your stocking, either as you are bunching them up, or sliding them up your leg, leaving an ugly ladder.  Perhaps, it is that moment, when you notice a ladder, but no recollection of catching the stocking on anything.

Just the other day, I noticed a ladder on a brand new pair of Nylonica hold ups - at 15 pounds a pair it starts to become an expensive past time.

I can only imagine the pain when it is a pair of Eleganti, GIO, or other FF stockings.

What has been your ‘Oh’ moment, and what has been the most expensive pair you have laddered on your first wear ?.  I’m sure there will be some very interesting and funny stories.

Edited by mia_spencer

On the occasions when I’ve done that, the language has been a little more “industrial” than “Oh!”

That said, my worst experience was an early lesson in how delicate nylons are. Must have been only my second or third pair of FFs, not massively expensive but still not cheap, or is that my Scottish genes showing? 

After a soak in the bath and with freshly shaved legs, I got the stocking about as far as my calf before I heard that horrible tell-tale sound of tearing nylon. Since then I’ve learned NEVER to be too vigorous when putting on nylons, although I have also had a couple fall victims to a rogue rough nail as I’ve been taking them out of the packaging. Cue more industrial, and very unladylike language.

Same here! Some years ago bought a pair of ffns. First time on, snagged them on a rough bit of toenail! Grrrrrrrr! Ex Sailor so language was a bit fruity! Xx

I can certainly imagine the fruity, industrial language, when laddering a stocking, but didn’t think my choice of profanities would have been welcome, so I have added my post to allow people to insert their own choice of words

In my case it was very much "hello to Miss Sweary"! Lol xx so annoying!

On a night out with my partner, and Rikki, and her partner, and other friends too, I was wearing Cervin Hanava fully fashioned Cuban heel stockings.  £25-£30 a pair at the time (can't remember exactly).  They cost more now.

As always, I had spares with me for the night ... and I needed them.  Four individual stockings laddered that night.  Two pairs gone.  Bye bye £50-£60.

The following morning, as I considered the collateral damage of what was admittedly a good night out, I nevertheless couldn't stop thinking "WTF". 

:58674bf7aea3f_EmojiSmiley-45:

Edited by Dayna Stewartson

2 hours ago, Dayna Stewartson said:

On a night out with my partner, and Rikki, and her partner, and other friends too, I was wearing Cervin Hanava fully fashioned Cuban heel stockings.  £25-£30 a pair at the time (can't remember exactly).  They cost more now.

As always, I had spares with me for the night ... and I needed them.  Four individual stockings laddered that night.  Two pairs gone.  Bye bye £50-£60.

The following morning, as I considered the collateral damage of what was admittedly a good night out, I nevertheless couldn't stop thinking "WTF". 

Expensive habits are often the ones that are the most satisfying though Dayna!!!

KtF
:58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:

15 hours ago, Dayna Stewartson said:

The moral of this tale is that us stocking wearers just have to accept an amount of collateral damage, painful and expensive  though it may be at times 

My "OH ----!" Moment? Mr. DZ found me two pairs of tan stockings with black feet and black fleur de lis on the heel for a pretty penny. They are the ones in my profile picture.  The first time I put them on, they laddered all the way up the leg. I was in TEARS. I knew how much he had paid, and I was SO CAREFUL when putting them on. Luckily, he bought a second pair at the same time and I still have those and I have only worn them once. I'm too afraid of ruining them. 

The other one was a large and noticeable pick in my Manhattan Heel jet black pair of stockings - done while putting them ON! UGH. 

6 hours ago, MrsDzineGuy said:

My "OH ----!" Moment? Mr. DZ found me two pairs of tan stockings with black feet and black fleur de lis on the heel for a pretty penny. They are the ones in my profile picture.  The first time I put them on, they laddered all the way up the leg. I was in TEARS. I knew how much he had paid, and I was SO CAREFUL when putting them on. Luckily, he bought a second pair at the same time and I still have those and I have only worn them once. I'm too afraid of ruining them. 

The other one was a large and noticeable pick in my Manhattan Heel jet black pair of stockings - done while putting them ON! UGH. 

Welcome back lovely Lady!

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

31 minutes ago, SeamsFFun said:

Welcome back lovely Lady!

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

Thank you. Sticking my stocking-ed toe in gingerly...

Wolford "satin" 20 den hold ups! Happened in 2003 when I was traveling with a mate in London. I bought her the posh brand of hold ups at Harrod's and there was a small snag or run during the second evening she wore them. Ugh. I still remember because she discovered it and showed me when we were at the performance of Chicago the musical.