Sign in to follow this  
Geraldine

Still no chat room?

20 posts in this topic

Hi is it just me or is the chat room still not working? I haven't had a chat bubble for a couple of days now

I have the same problem - the shame is that the administrator gives no information what happens with the chatroom!!

Hi

Try logging out and then logging back in again - sometimes works

Kim

Has no one yet, out of 59000 members, figured out why this site is acting in this way, why the chat room is hit and miss and why some people take great delight in opening threads on forums where they shouldn't and why, when members ask the moderators for help they receive no reply?

Ref above comment, Looks to me like no site maintenance and no moderation anymore.!

Edited by ted1

And the penny drops ..................................................................................................................................................................... :58674bea1d8fb_EmojiSmiley-21:

The word used four times in my post is, 'WHY'.

We all know it's happening and even Seamsffun thinks he knows but doesn't, so the question still remains, WHY?????

6 hours ago, luckyme said:

even Seamsffun thinks he knows but doesn't

Don't be too sure on that one!

KtF
:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

5 hours ago, SeamsFFun said:

KtF

If you know something that the rest of us should know, please be forthcoming.

8 hours ago, SeamsFFun said:

KtF

What is it you think you know, Seamsffun and is it worth sharing?

On 17/11/2017 at 6:51 AM, SeamsFFun said:

KtF

Thank you for your meandering and lengthy PM Seamsffun but you really are still not in possession of the full facts and you should go back to the person who informed you of the situation and ask for a more enlightening explanation.

I too was informed by a third party and quite frankly didn't believe them, but on being given a PUBLIC web address everything was confirmed, and not a pretty picture it revealed. You also state that the owner loves SHQ but yet has lots of 'irons in the fire', yet it says on his profile that "It is an honour to serve on SHQ" and that he has "No time for anything else".

It would take only a few minutes of the owners time to issue a statement to the members. It needn't go into detail but just to assure them that he is doing his best to get over the situation and to ask them for their continued support because let's face it, it must have been members who have kept the business running for so long.

Lastly, if you yourself didn't keep complaining about being bullied and ask yourself "why" then I'm sure it would stop. (If it exists, that is, and I have yet to see evidence of this). And your comment that you have offered your services as an administrator should be in the 'Jokes' forum.

14 minutes ago, luckyme said:

Thank you for your meandering and lengthy PM Seamsffun but you really are still not in possession of the full facts and you should go back to the person who informed you of the situation and ask for a more enlightening explanation.

I too was informed by a third party and quite frankly didn't believe them, but on being given a PUBLIC web address everything was confirmed, and not a pretty picture it revealed. You also state that the owner loves SHQ but yet has lots of 'irons in the fire', yet it says on his profile that "It is an honour to serve on SHQ" and that he has "No time for anything else".

It would take only a few minutes of the owners time to issue a statement to the members. It needn't go into detail but just to assure them that he is doing his best to get over the situation and to ask them for their continued support because let's face it, it must have been members who have kept the business running for so long.

Lastly, if you yourself didn't keep complaining about being bullied and ask yourself "why" then I'm sure it would stop. (If it exists, that is, and I have yet to see evidence of this). And your comment that you have offered your services as an administrator should be in the 'Jokes' forum.

Ok clearly you don't like me and I know not why as before this post I had never come across you.

Thank you though for taking the time to read my meandering and lengthy PM and for extoling the non-virtues of my obviously to you irrelevant and annoying contributions elsewhere.

You obviously have a better and more informed take on things than I do and are clearly much the wiser person so I will go back to doing what I do and not darken your doors any further.

My sincere apologies for upsetting your SHQ experience.

KtF
:58674be6ca98e_EmojiSmiley-15:

Edited by SeamsFFun

Okay, I don't know how you come to the conclusion that I don't like you. As you have pointed out, I don't know you.

'Irrelevant', maybe, 'annoying', to some obviously but to me, not, but this comment and your last one on this post clearly show you are aware that to some members some of your posts, to them, are irrelevant, annoying and upsetting.

However, this was not what I asked, which was that if you had information that would help other members in their understanding of the present situation with SHQ it would be nice of you to share it. Instead, you choose to go all coy, which leads me to the conclusion that you are only guessing and in fact know nothing.

Try this, search for SHQ via google. if main page comes up and you are signed in already  and no bubble, left click on your name then sign out,nothing else  then just sign in and click chatroom/bubble below, nothing else, I do this regularly and bubble always appears 

4 hours ago, luckyme said:

'Irrelevant', maybe, 'annoying', to some obviously but to me, not, but this comment and your last one on this post clearly show you are aware that to some members some of your posts, to them, are irrelevant, annoying and upsetting.

I guess that's what makes the world go round. Differing opinions, attitudes and feelings are all part of free speech and that's good. For me on SHQ I receive both complimentary and non-complimentary critiques of my posts. The good outweigh the bad considerably which is what keeps me going and the bad seem to come from a precious few that are quite vehemently against me. C'est La Vie!

However, this was not what I asked, which was that if you had information that would help other members in their understanding of the present situation with SHQ it would be nice of you to share it. Instead, you choose to go all coy, which leads me to the conclusion that you are only guessing and in fact know nothing.

I'm going to agree with you here in the respect that I know nothing for sure but I do know what I've been told and that I was told it in confidence hence me not going public. I feel to even become embroiled in the discussion publicly means I may have broken that confidence so I will repeat that I know what I've been told and not whether it's true.

My last word on this publicly. Methinks I have probably said too much and broke my own personal rules in which I said I wouldn't get involved in discussions where I was probably out of my depth or that could cause me concerns going forward.

I apologise to all for my comments and involvement.

KtF
:58674be8def50_EmojiSmiley-19:

5 hours ago, SeamsFFun said:

My last word on this publicly. Methinks I have probably said too much and broke my own personal rules in which I said I wouldn't get involved in discussions where I was probably out of my depth or that could cause me concerns going forward.

I apologise to all for my comments and involvement.

KtF
:58674be8def50_EmojiSmiley-19:

No need at all to apologise Seamsffun, but in future, it may cause you less grief to practice what you preach about thinking before posting. There is nothing secretive about the situation that SHQ finds itself in as it's all available on public web sites, but you go right ahead and play the 'sympathy card' yet again.

Edited by luckyme

On 16/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, luckyme said:

Has no one yet, out of 59000 members, figured out why this site is acting in this way, why the chat room is hit and miss and why some people take great delight in opening threads on forums where they shouldn't and why, when members ask the moderators for help they receive no reply?

I have just spent the afternoon with the third party who explained the situation that SHQ finds itself in, and we are both amazed at the 'ostrich syndrome' that members have. Lots and lots of moans and questions about why the site is not functioning, in the way that it used to 'in the good old days', but that is all. no "What can we do about it?" or "Why are we left in the dark?"

It is now very nearly one year since things went pear shaped and we believe that next month may prove significant. We are left with Seamsffun and one or two others who offer weak excuses and pretending they know all about it but for some reason refuse to indulge the rest of us, leaving the thought that they actually know nothing but simply like others to think they are in the know.

Time will tell.

I been unable to get back into the room since the day they switched over.  Never did see any "bubble".  All I can do is check back in here every week or so.