Nigel65

Celebrity Road Trip BBC 2

47 posts in this topic

I do wish people would stop referring to modern stretch stockings as nylons, there was/is a big difference, As regards the goodbye photo there certainly looks to be something that looks a vintage suspender showing through the skirt however given the height of such on the leg surely too high? That said are we all thinking the the various photos were took on the same day? Not always the case, as one presenter/expert was at the search for items in almost purple lipstick and nails and at the auction in a total different colour on both.

7 hours ago, Auntiesfault said:

I do wish people would stop referring to modern stretch stockings as nylons, there was/is a big difference, As regards the goodbye photo there certainly looks to be something that looks a vintage suspender showing through the skirt however given the height of such on the leg surely too high? That said are we all thinking the the various photos were took on the same day? Not always the case, as one presenter/expert was at the search for items in almost purple lipstick and nails and at the auction in a total different colour on both.

Again, I agree about the identity of the strap-like object, I just can't think of an alternative explanation! And it does seem to move independently of her skirt. Perhaps some strange gathering in her underskirt? Without actually being there we'll never really know.

Also, so far as different outfits are concerned don't forget the auction is always separate from the search - sometimes by weeks, or even longer. It takes a while to lot up & catalogue an auction, even if they are entered as 'a' lots. I think the auction day shots (with intro & outro) would have to be filmed together though.

We'll just have to write it off as one of life's unexplained, tantalising mysteries ...

17 hours ago, Auntiesfault said:

What are they made from then?