Knighty1950

Help!!!!!

6 posts in this topic

I love my wife to wear stockings and she enjoys wearing them too. However 'we' have a problem in that she is only 5' 2" tall with, as she puts it, chunky thighs. Whenever she purchases stockings there is always the problem of them being too long if she gets them to fit her thigh or too tight around her thigh if she gets the correct length. Does anyone have some suggestions to make my life much more pleasant - if you know what I mean 'wink wink' lol.

i'm only 5'1" and stockings were often a tough fit if they were long. i usually wound up folding the tops over once and then clipping them. though i can't say my thighs were chunky. good luck

pat

2 people like this

Greetings there Knighty.

Your wife has a situation at times referred to as "generous thighs." This is not "new" and has been around eons before stockings. There are some possible avenues to explore. One might be to call or contact SHQ as they are in the business and heck, they provide the space for this place.

One another track, the "wonderspun" fabrics offer the advantages of forgiving fit as to leg shape and size and are a Godsend to those for which traditional hosiery does not work well. I am referring to those weaves that have a lot of stretch to them and are less exacting as to size. The trade offs have they definitely lack the qualities of plain flat knits as those are the top off the line as far as I make. As you have found they may not be for all. 

I deal much (or used to) with Vintage hosiery and there are about styles that were designed with big thighs in mind. Tags to look for include anything that says "extra" or "wide" in the welt section as this is what gives you and your wife fits (pun intended.) Time is at lack as I key this though eBay offers such wares on occasion and the good news is there are styles in a variety of fabrics and weaves to include plain flat knits. Should chance allow I shall attempt more details. Not to seem trite, there are indeed possible solutions. Experimentation, patience and time are potential requirements to find what works for you and when you do find such (you will! with perseverance) the rewards and spoils shall be yours to enjoy. 

Sorry at the lack of details. Previous posts have that I am in chaotic circumstances and I do require a certain level of solitudes to concentrate. I do hope I've added a tad of hope to your quests. Stand by on this channel...

Enjoy, 

Dworkin 

Apologies to Knighty for intruding on a genuine cry for help.

This is just a tongue in cheek comment on Dworkin's tortuous phraseology......... man you musta smoked some good shit in the 60's you are so far out you're out of sight.:58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12::58674be5c2392_EmojiSmiley-13::58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

Peace bro John B.

Greetings again Knighty.

Allow for some perhaps elaboration on my previous response. You might look for stockings with reference(s) to "Flex Tops/Welts" or "Ample" as a descriptor. Another term is "Outsized." These stockings were as said designed with the situation your wife has. Whether these styles are made currently I do not know though I'd say since the situation existed even before the advent of Nylon and hence stockings and was addressed it would probably be so today. Vintage brand names include Berkshire and Triumph in particular and there were indeed more made in both plain flat knit and micro mesh weaves to include FF Seamed. Very few nylon stockings in micro mesh were seamed though do exist from decades ago. When dealing with Vintage wares (in this case Classic Stockings) there is a learning curve involved in finding what works for your circumstances. This can be a source of frustration as with many things sizes in particular between different brands can be quite different. One constant that I have stated many a time (which applies to many and much) has that when you find that which works for you obtain as much as you can!!!  One never knows should such be available again. I have found eBay to be a good place to find hard to find or off the wall items, hosiery included. Diligence and patience is required and do not be afraid to ask questions. Some eBayers know more than they don't and you will be able to tell pretty soon on if they know what they are offering or not. There are also specialty sites on the net though do expect them to be pricey. A difficult journey perhaps but quite worth the pursuit as the rewards are what you will make of them. 

Fine Fortunes to you in your quests should you choose to that avenue and best of luck to both of you.

Enjoy, 

Dworkin