HanesBaby-CSB

It's Time To Say Fare-Well.

70 posts in this topic

SO sorry to hear of Bill's health problems Susan. Loved being in contact and meeting you at my event in 2015.

Stay in contact if time and events allow please. I think you have my email.

Love,

Nikki

xxx

Susan............so sad to hear about Bill's illness and that you'll be leaving to support him.  I salute both of you for standing tall and choosing to serve in a time of need.  

All the best to you both.  You'll be missed.

G

So sorry about the sad new. You'll be missed. I'm sure you'll do the best in a difficult situation. Take care.

We were lucky to meet you back in 2015.....and was a joy to chat to you both. 

So sorry to hear this sad news and wish you both well for the future in these trying times......

L & L xx

Susan/Bill...

It's such sad news about Bill...

I am so glad to have met you both back in 2015...a lovey chat with you both and seeing you so pleased to be 'over here' mixing it in the real world with the UK bunch...as Bill and I chatted away I could feel his pride in himself in all he was telling me and its plain for all to see of your dedication to each other...

Keep each other safe for all eternity...

Your input will be missed...

Take care...

Lisa x

1 person likes this

Well, we've never met although living in North Carolina, I'm pretty near.

I've enjoyed your postings and I will miss you.

Perhaps you'll come back one day.

Susan,

Wow, I am so sorry and shocked to hear that Bill has Amyloid Disease. You will be a great caregiver as your writing and stories would so indicate. We will ALL miss you here as you are a SHQ rock in keeping us focused on so many facets of this forum etc.

I wish you well, I wish Bill well and keep us updated, If you choose to.

Bless you,

Joe

2 people like this

You will be missed on here Susan but family must come first and I wish you and your husband well.

1 person likes this

Heartbraking news, so sorry Susan.   I wish you and Bill all the best going forward

so sorry to hear of your situation, you must be so proud of your hubby for doing his bit for the fredom of your country, we will miss your lovely posts, banter and on occasion arguments. take care all the best for the future

Luv Fi and Steve

1 person likes this

Greetings there Susan.

An old adage has that nothing is constant except change. 

So such here.

I speak for many as I'll miss your wit, wisdom, insights, stories and a whole host more words that frankly I am at loss to use as I keyed this. Your news has had that effect.

Per chance a reconsiderment?, a pop in now and again though you've your own host of reasons and another set of paths to follow. Respect to your choices.

The door shall always be open here. No need to knock...

Know that you shall always be in my memory bank and that the legend shall also live on.

Susan, Peace be with you Lass.

Finest of Regards, 

Dworkin

3 people like this

So long Susan, it was always a pleasure to read your posts, but I understand the  reason  which leads you to leave SHQ. I'm very sad for you and Bill.

There is time for tearing, and a time for sewing. A time to gather stones, and a time cast away stones. A time for planting, and a time to uproot what is planted. There was a time for Susan to be a part of SHQ, and now it is time for her to not be a part of SHQ. Sad to see her go, and grateful that she was here.

Susan, thank you the times I asked for prayers and you prayed for my intentions. Now it is my time to pray for Susan and her family. To think that brave men like Bill were hurt by something that was supposed to protect them is a cruel irony. To think that men like Bill returned home only to have to fight for their rightful veterans benefits is shameful. When we ask men and women to serve us, the least we all owe them is to bind their wounds, no matter how many years that may last.

Some gave all on the battlefield. Some, like Bill, survived the immediate battlefield, only to pass after returning home due to lingering battlefield effects. Those victims of Agent Orange suffered physically, others wounds are psychological; less visible but no less real. We can honor the legacy of brave men & women like Bill when we consider whether or not we provide the proper care and support for our veterans and their families.

Do you know a combat vet? Honor Bill by giving that vet a hug, or at least a hearty hand shake and a thank you.

Mr FG

5 people like this

3 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Farmgirl said:

There is time for tearing, and a time for sewing. A time to gather stones, and a time cast away stones. A time for planting, and a time to uproot what is planted. There was a time for Susan to be a part of SHQ, and now it is time for her to not be a part of SHQ. Sad to see her go, and grateful that she was here.

Susan, thank you the times I asked for prayers and you prayed for my intentions. Now it is my time to pray for Susan and her family. To think that brave men like Bill were hurt by something that was supposed to protect them is a cruel irony. To think that men like Bill returned home only to have to fight for their rightful veterans benefits is shameful. When we ask men and women to serve us, the least we all owe them is to bind their wounds, no matter how many years that may last.

Some gave all on the battlefield. Some, like Bill, survived the immediate battlefield, only to pass after returning home due to lingering battlefield effects. Those victims of Agent Orange suffered physically, others wounds are psychological; less visible but no less real. We can honor the legacy of brave men & women like Bill when we consider whether or not we provide the proper care and support for our veterans and their families.

Do you know a combat vet? Honor Bill by giving that vet a hug, or at least a hearty hand shake and a thank you.

Mr FG

WOW Mr FG that's as powerful as it comes and a wonderful tribute and thought for Susan and Bill to take with them as they continue their fight.

God bless you for your words and God Bless the wonderful Susan and Bill too.

KtF
:58674bdf747cb_EmojiSmiley-04:

1 person likes this

Sorry to hear of your husband's illness Susan do pop back when you can thoughts are with you, Doug xx

8 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Farmgirl said:

Mr FG

Very well said!! 

Only just read this post but farewell to true legend and god bless you both 

Susan

What sad, awful news.

My thoughts are with you both.

God be with you.

Kim xx

Susan & Bill

Although we never met have followed your posts for a long time. So sorry to hear this latest news and wish you both strength for the coming months.

Take care

T & L

Dearest Shq friends,  My husband had the opportunity to read all the kindness you have given to us here.  He said to me, "Susan, you must stay with the people who care so very much for us"  I received an E Mail from David and he suggests I keep my account active.  So I'll do that!  Your posts have touched us deeply.  I know now I can't run away from home.  This is my home, My Shq home and you all are my family.  

Thank's everyone for your posts, input, messages and e mails.  You have given me hope in a most special way.  You have given me friendship and caring from all over the world.  You have reached out to help and so I'll hold your hands in mine and tell you, "Thank's For Your Love!"   God Bless You All For Being Here For Us!  

I gather great spiritual, emotional and mental strength from Bill.  He will say, "what I do means nothing, what I do for other people means everything"  I think I understood his message!  

So, it's time to tend to a number of important things that we have put off for a very long time.  

Many, Many Blessings To You All!  I'll keep you posted.

Sincerely, Susan

9 people like this

6 hours ago, HanesBaby-CSB said:

Dearest Shq friends,  My husband had the opportunity to read all the kindness you have given to us here.  He said to me, "Susan, you must stay with the people who care so very much for us"  I received an E Mail from David and he suggests I keep my account active.  So I'll do that!  Your posts have touched us deeply.  I know now I can't run away from home.  This is my home, My Shq home and you all are my family.  

Thank's everyone for your posts, input, messages and e mails.  You have given me hope in a most special way.  You have given me friendship and caring from all over the world.  You have reached out to help and so I'll hold your hands in mine and tell you, "Thank's For Your Love!"   God Bless You All For Being Here For Us!  

I gather great spiritual, emotional and mental strength from Bill.  He will say, "what I do means nothing, what I do for other people means everything"  I think I understood his message!  

So, it's time to tend to a number of important things that we have put off for a very long time.  

Many, Many Blessings To You All!  I'll keep you posted.

Sincerely, Susan

Once again on this thread and also probably not for the last time I have been moved to tears.

Susan, Bill's insistence that you don't leave SHQ shows his strength, wisdom, love, respect and understanding of you and your life together. HE knows how important this place is for you and TBH, despite it's occasional spats and wrong-doings, I suspect it is a place you can turn too in times of solace and calm and when you know your beloved one is safe and well.

Those of us who know you, know it will be Bill at #1 and in truth nothing else matters for you. But, if there are times you need a fix it's good to know he understands that too and is encouraging you to be in and amongst us whenever you can and believe you me, I'd rather have a little of you than none at all.

We will continue to pray for that gentle giant of a man who probably set you off on the path of your long stocking based journey, has never regretted a minute of it and knows now how important it is to you and I guess in a lot of ways him too having shared it all these years.

Whatever you decide I hope you can still pop back from time to time and see us if and when you get the chance and you know now, not that it was ever in doubt, that you have the most important person in your life's permission and blessing to do so.

Take care my cyber friend and once again my very best wishes to you and of course Bill.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

That is terrible news. Good luck to both of you.

God bless you and your husband Susan. Thanks for all the great photos and stories.

kellym

So sad to read this thread but at the same time up lifted by the support you have received.

I recall the ancient Ethiopian proverb:

To the world you are one person.

To one person you are the world.

God bless

My thoughts and very best wishes to you both

You’re doing the right thing undeniably

Use your time wisely as I know you will

Bosun

1 person likes this

Good Luck Susan, and God bless to you both xx

Edited by John