HanesBaby-CSB

It's Time To Say Fare-Well.

70 posts in this topic

Dearest Shq Beloved Friends,

There comes a time in every ones life when we must make decisions we don't care to make.  Or face problems that bring fear but we know we must meet them head on!  That time has come for me!

I've been quiet and trying to figure out how to say what I must say, but I'll say it now.  The man, the teenage boy that won my heart at the age of 17 is suffering a disease which has no cure.  It's called Amyloidosis, or Amyloid Disease.  The cause of this is TCDD/Dioxin or better know as Agent Orange.  One of the most deadly toxins on the planet.  Once in the human body it stays for life and normally takes the life it stays in.

Bill volunteered to go into the United States Army.  It took the guts of a thousand men to at age 19, on November 1st of 1968 to go to the Hammond, Indiana court house and say, "I want to join the Army, I want to go to Viet Nam!"  On November 6th he was taking his oath of promising his life to the United States of America at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.  I recall when Bill's mom and I went eight weeks later to see him graduate from boot camp.

Bill did for his country the best he could.  Just like thousands of other young boys did.  He recalls the battles, especially the invasion of Cambodia and the terror of Fire Support Base, Illingworth where is was hand to hand and face to face with the NVA & VC.  There is a book written about that called, "Illingworth"  These men and my Bill were warriors, but could not fight what Agent Orange did to them.

So, my Dearest Friends, it's most difficult for me to say that I'm leaving Shq.  I have a responsibility of a life time that I myself must now face. The old girl has to be there with the love of her life.  It's difficult to think that me, one of the very first women of Shq and an honored CSP or Classic Stockings Beauty member must say fare-well.

God Bless each and every one of you!  Yes, even the members that I did not see eye to eye with I want for you nothing but the best in your lives. Everyone please, strive for excellence, love your friends, speak the truth, practice fidelity and honor your mothers, fathers and children.  These principles will give you hope, make you strong in body and spirit and put you on the path to greatness.

To the members Bill and I had the opportunity to meet face to face in 2015 we will never forget your love and company!  And to all the Stockings Wearing Ladies here, you keep the tradition going, I certainly will!

David, we will never forget your company.  What a wonderful man you are!  Thank's for tolerating me over the years and keeping me out of the cooler!  God Bless You & I Love You!

So, that's it, I'm Susan, AKA Hanes Baby, The Leg Show Legend Says, Fare-Well With Love!:58674cdb6fe1c_EmojiObjects-02::58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08::58674be7f3afa_EmojiSmiley-17:

ALLFIXED2.jpg

34 people like this

WOW, that is some statement Susan !!

Can only wish yourself and Bill a big thank you for your time here at SHQ.  You face the future together with your faith and love, be as strong as you can, you will not be forgotten in peoples prayers, i'm sure.

Regards,   Gazzoom

1 person likes this

So sorry to loose you Susan. Best wishes to yourself and to Bill . You have been a legend.xx

Dear Susan,

I am so moved by your farewell message & very sorry to read it's contents.  My thoughts & my love go out to you both in the trials you have to face,

Violet.  xxx

Susan I am gutted that you will have to say goodbye. Your pics are always stunning and you posts always insightful. I will certainly miss you as will many others xxx

1 person likes this

I'm very sorry to hear that Bill is unwell,  it was a pleasure and honour to meet him in London in 2015, unfortunately it was late and you a I didn't. It's a shame but completely understandable that you have decided to leave SHQ. Please convey my best wishes to Bill. I wish you both both the best for the future and hope that might return sometime in the future. God bless you both. Mark xxx 

Dear susan so sad about the news you are the best and always will be in my heart love to you all take care love you all kevin xxxx

Susan very sorry to hear about Bill...our thoughts go out to you...best wishes for the future to you both..Lord and Lady Seaton.

1 person likes this

Such sad and tragic news and even though we've never met I have always considered you a friend. I am very saddened to see you leave, you have been such an integral part of the forum but your reason for leaving is very understandable. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Bill, take care Susan.  xoxo

1 person likes this

How very sad, I wish you both well and may you have the strength to face whatever confronts you in the future.  Nobody can begin to understand the demons we carry with us, unless you've experienced the pain of war!  as one soldier to another, my heartfelt best wishes to you sir, for your Service to your country and to your fellow man, be at peace with the rest of your days, your duty is done.....

salute of respect.jpg

2 people like this

So sorry to hear your bad news Susan, you will be sorely missed from the forums. Strength and prayers for you and hubby, as he battles his last enemy. Xxx

Susan, 

I am so sorry to hear about your husband Bill.  Please know that you will both be in my thoughts and prayers.  Also know that your presence on this site will very sorely missed.  I have so thouroughly enjoyed your wisdom and insight and looked forward to reading your posts. 

I absolutely respect your decision to be with the love of your life, and can only hope that one day that you will return.  I also want to express my deepest thanks to Bill for his service to our country!  Please let him know he has my undying gratitude!

God Bless and Godspeed!!

As a Fellow Veteran and a proud American I stand and salute men such as ur husband, I have followed u for many years on various publications etc and can't begin to thank you for the joy u bring to our hearts. My best to u and ur husband, may the Lord shine down on u both during these trying days. Our freedom is owed to men like him.

2 people like this

Susan,

I wish you all the best in your time of extreme difficulty, satisfaction in looking after Bill and happiness in knowing you are doing him the greatest service. Do remember all of the good times over the years.

Kindest regards,

Caroline

xx

Susan, I am so sorry to hear of this. I have many that I served with afflicted with this terrible disease. We will always be here for you and know my prayers are with you and Bill.

I have never met you Susan but know you from your posts and pictures on here. We have also never corresponded but appear to be of similar minds and attitudes to life.

The impression I have of you is you are principled, open-minded and with a joie de vivre. Rare qualities nowadays.

I faced a similar situation to the one you are facing now with my mother a few years ago. In her case it was dementia. We lost the fight over two years ago. It was a battle we could never win but one that I am proud to have been there when I was needed.

I found you needed a release mechanism to keep you going. Friends and people I knew only on the net provided this. I hope if you need something similar you will return. I am sure that with the high regards you are held on here, the SHQ community will provide that for you.

So Susan, your decision is totally understandable. You are fulfilling your commitment to Bill. I hope though that you will think of us here and return as and when you are able. Many of us will be thinking of you, even me, having been where you are.

1 person likes this

good luck  and u  will be  misssed

1 person likes this

You will be missed Susan from these forums, but good luck to both you and to Bill for the future.      

I'm sorry this is happening, Susan. I hope that you and Bill have wonderful times ahead together and that he feels okay. Don't hesitate to let us know if we can help. 

Susan,

I'm sorry to see you go, but Bill needs you more now.  I'm honored to know you and call you my friend.  We have shared so much over the years. 

Please keep in touch Susan.  I'm working on getting over to Chicago in the not too distant future.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Eric xxxx

I feel that any words I express on this post will be futile, inadequate and not worthy of the recipient who is a Lady I took to my heart and absolutely adore.

First and foremost though my thoughts go out to Bill, a gentle giant of a man that has been beside Susan's side for almost 50 years now and they have met life's challenges head-on, together, with mutual respect, great understanding and certain love for each other that has always kept them strong. They now face a battle that they know they can't win but will prolong as long as they can and we all, and I, wish them the best of luck in that fight.

It's truly devastating news about Bill especially when Susan has always professed her love for him so eloquently in that sassy Chicago style of hers on here. I don't usually pray but for this wonderful couple who have become dear friends to me I will make an exception and whilst tears may flow I will ensure that daily I recite a few seconds of hope and wishes for them both.

Susan, you will be HUGELY missed her but are making exactly the right decision and we respect and applaud you for that. This little corner of the world is such an insignificant one when it comes to what you're going to have to face and fight. That said, it will be a much sadder corner for losing it's Queen for to me that's what you'll always be in my heart and thoughts when it comes to SHQ.

Your attitude to stockings, suspenders and adornment is beyond compare and does you so much justice. Of course we'll miss your wonderful images, those spectacularly wondrously adorned legs of yours and your sweet, engaging gypsy face but we'll also miss your incisive wit, charm, reasoned arguments and always positive comments about the site and those that sit within it. It truly is a sad day for all of us who know and love you.

I'm sure that you'll always adorn, encourage others to do so and give the superb advice and thoughts you always did and do for our passion but similarly I know you'll put your strength, wisdom, support and fight in to your efforts to support your wonderful Bill and that is all that is important now and rightly so.

I will miss you Susan as we all will but you go with all our blessings, gratitude and love for the remainder of your stocking-led life and if there's a God in heaven then I'm sure he'll look over you and help you negotiate the bumps which are to come in the days, weeks, months and hopefully years you have left together.

They say you only get one-shot at this and from the little I know of you I know that your shot has been one that you'll never ever change and for that you have to be truly grateful.

Goodbye my friend and SHQ's finest and please, please, please as much as you need to take care of Bill, take care of you too.

KtF
:58674be18a3d6_EmojiSmiley-07::58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

1 person likes this

Respect to you both.

Others above have expressed my feelings better than I could.

I'll miss your intelligent well balanced eloquent thoughts and arguments.

God bless

Thank your hubby for his service and best of luck to both of you.  was fun reading all your posts but as you said, Hubby needs you more,  Take care and Good Luck

Dear Susan,

I haven't been on site for some while yet today there was a draw.

It was very sad indeed to read your post: you and Bill are a devoted couple- true life partners with palpable love and mutual respect. At the very least you can reflect upon the blessings, fun and happiness you have enjoyed over so many years.

You have been a stalwart here: entertaining, kind, fair, firm and fun; you have always gone out of your way to support, encourage and defend others. A true lady and the classiest of acts. And the term "eye candy" was coined with you in mind.

You will be missed here but remembered with immense fondness.

God bless you, Bill and your family in this difficult time.

Warmest wishes,

John x

1 person likes this

So sorry to see you go as we never met a very moving  letter and l will be thinking of you all XXXXXXX

Susan,

It was a pleasure to meet you both a couple of years ago. So sorry to hear this sad news. Love, hugs and best wishes from myself and "the girls".

Rikki xx

1 person likes this

So sorry to of Bill's illness. My best wishes for the future through the difficult times that will follow. It was a pleasure meeting you in 2015.

Davina xxx

Best of luck Susan. You'll be missed.  Take care.

My friend, I am devastated by your news. 

I will keep you and Bill in my prayers. 

Stay strong and keep in touch if you can.

Love,

Karen

1 person likes this

Oh Susan, I found your message very moving. I'm so so sorry to hear Bill is not well. We've never met but I have enjoyed your posts enormously, your sense of right and wrong and also your awesome humour. I wish you and Bill the very best of luck. Farewell beautiful lady X 

Susan,

I respect you for your decision! It's wonderful that Bill will have such a loving and sexy lady to look after him! I to wish you both nothing but the best. It's to bad we couldn't have met up on my once many trips to your grand city! 

Ale

Hi Susan,

I'm so sad to hear of Bill's illness and send my love...

Graham.

Thoughts and prayers with you both Susan

1 person likes this

Susan, I have always loved reading your posts (and pics!) Yours is the voice of reason in a sometimes mad world. God Bless you both, Bill is in my prayers. xxx

Susan,

Wishing both Bill and yourself peace, comfort, and the best possible care and compassion through these exceptionally challenging times.

Dayna.

1 person likes this