John S

Wearing stockings for work

40 posts in this topic

I was just thinking back to when I worked and remembered that over my working life several women that I came in contact with regularly wore stockings to work.  Apart from your wife/partner has anyone known ladies that wore stockings on a regular basis to work.

All comments welcome.

1 person likes this

I remember one colleague regularly wearing nude stockings at work, she was a good friend of mine and I noticed. I remember another one occasionally wearing black stockings, (she did it for me) All this was in the 1990's

More recently (3 years ago, just before I retired) a 3rd one told me she sometimes wore stockings at work, I don't know exactly what she wore and I didn't ask for details ...

There were about 80% women where I worked, of course I didn't know most of them well, some might sometimes have worn stockings or hold ups without my noticing.

Edited by Marcel Khebir

Ive worn to work since i was a teenager starting a YTS office job , was i guess more common then , but I still do

5 people like this

In the office I worked at in the 90's several ladies wore, one had suspender bumps showing regularly and another had pleasure in telling me that she was a wearer all the time.....She also wore seams a few times and knew their effect on men! 

1 person likes this

Recall a few post miniskirt era, only knew they were stockings in most cases as real ff's, remember one who wore nothing but those around 1976, for all I know she'd worn since pre rht era, was a bit older than me and married, I never mentioned such to her, ditto the case not long  after at another firm, every day I had to call in a housing association to see if any jobs that day, the lady who used to issue job sheet etc always in real ff's, both these women never wore black ones, A married Edwina Currie look alike who started one day began wearing  black copy ff's when having an affair with the boss who she later married at same firm, a  young receptionist there also wore modern black seamless stockings under a tight skirt (suspender bumps seen) and would give me the odd jokingly flash of st's when asking me to do a urgent job etc before going home, but best I ever saw (regular) was a young good looker and dresser who I saw in gen ff black nylons and very high heels when she called into a nearby cafe to collect takaway cobs at dinner time daily

Yes I wore for work

I worked as a secretary in a secondary/ grammar school. Later at tescos until 8 years ago

Last job was on a warehouse assembly shop floor. So no appropriate as wore given trouser overalls and toe protectors

3 people like this

Thanks for the replies so far, very interesting to hear these stories.

One memory that I have was from the late 1970's when one of the typists/secretarial staff who was in her late 40's at the time and up that date had always worn tights turned up to work wearing proper fully fashioned stockings (more than likely Harmony Points).   When, in my presence, another female member of staff asked if she was wearing stocking she promptly raised her skirt showing her tops and black suspenders and she explained that she liked to wear a corselette to keep her figure trim .  From that date to when she left a couple of years later more often than not wore ff stockings to work.

3 people like this

My wife is a nurse and always wore black stockings to work from the very time she started in the 1980s, as did the majority of other nurses at the time. I think they did it for the ease of changing a laddered nylon (they would never had been allowed to have bear legs or continue with a ladder) rather than for any 'cosmetic' appeal.  Sadly, she has moved over to those awful tights now :58674be8def50_EmojiSmiley-19:

1 person likes this

I've worked in an office for the last 44 years and have worn stockings to work just about every day. 

These days, I usually wear National 900 RHTs but will wear vintage FFNs about twice a month, as the spirit moves me. 

My co-workers are used to my unusual hosiery. I sometimes get questions from younger women but that's about all. At 66 years of age, I'm convinced I became invisible to men years ago! LOL!

Karen

10 people like this

A great many, I’m glad to say! The 1980’s in particular were great for stockings fans, even into the 1990’s, and the City of London led the way. A great time. Sock Shop had a wide range of coloured stockings -they were kind of cheap quality but hey, they were stockings! And suspender belts were mainly cheap, lightweight, four strap belts with plastic clasps.

But boy oh boy, a lunchtime sandwich down on Trinity Square in the City, or a walk up Lime Street when it was windy...black stockings were a regular sight, tan less so, but all the colours were there - red, turquoise, white, yellow, navy blue - and the girls weren’t hesitant to flash a stocking top. So much teasing went on in the office - all changed now of course, probably for the best, but it seemed like harmless fun back then.

Nostalgia, eh? It’s a thief of time. 

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, OnyxPointex said:

I've worked in an office for the last 44 years and have worn stockings to work just about every day. 

These days, I usually wear National 900 RHTs but will wear vintage FFNs about twice a month, as the spirit moves me. 

My co-workers are used to my unusual hosiery. I sometimes get questions from younger women but that's about all. At 66 years of age, I'm convinced I became invisible to men years ago! LOL!

Karen

Nice post! 😀

36 minutes ago, OnyxPointex said:

Karen

I doubt very much that you are invisible !

2 people like this

stockings or pantyhose, remember, it's all about the legs filling them.....

7 people like this

What a novel topic.  I'm old enough to recall vividly (and sadly) when a women working in an office (or teacher or other) wouldn't even dream of leaving the house without stockings, and where I worked right after college, would have been sen home.

4 people like this

Hi

I have been working in various office positions since I left school in 1978. I have always wore stockings or hold ups.

Kate 

X

4 people like this

Always wear to  the office..my bosses are father and son .....he's 70 and son is 45.l tease them  but not together..The father is a remarkable man for his age..needless to say l keep Bill informed of any misbehaving..on my part... lol... love Marge.

6 people like this

Just my marker to give back a story I am writing about the lady in the front office, who wore all the time, this was in the 70's, and she was a little older, hmmmm....

i'll be back with this titlating story as I think back on those days...... great thread....:58674be335272_EmojiSmiley-09:

1 person likes this

Hi all, I still wear to work just about every day except in very hot weather, which where I live means 1 or 2 days a year ... I guess I'm old fashioned but I just don't feel properly dressed without nylons.  I wouldn't say I have a favourite brand or style, I just wear to compliment my outfits really.  Although I don't usually wear ffs to work I have on occasion wore seams but it's usually 20 dens, black, tan, nude, navy or patterned, fishnets and even lacy ones...

All the girls in my office know my hosiery preferences but hey it's just my style x 

7 people like this

On 24/10/2017 at 0:18 PM, leggypat said:

stockings or pantyhose, remember, it's all about the legs filling them.....

... and YOURS, Pat are a stocking Filler thriller that's not just Christmas 😁

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Jocelyn52 said:

Hi all, I still wear to work just about every day except in very hot weather, which where I live means 1 or 2 days a year ... I guess I'm old fashioned but I just don't feel properly dressed without nylons.  I wouldn't say I have a favourite brand or style, I just wear to compliment my outfits really.  Although I don't usually wear ffs to work I have on occasion wore seams but it's usually 20 dens, black, tan, nude, navy or patterned, fishnets and even lacy ones...

All the girls in my office know my hosiery preferences but hey it's just my style x 

Hi Jocelyn, what a great post and so refreshing to know there are still Ladies as lovely as you around that appreciate the feminine things in life, enjoy sharing that feeling and understand what it is to be a real Lady.

I'm loving this thread and I hope, unlike all your stockings Ladies, it runs and runs!

Laying down a challenge right now, let's see how many of our lovely and adorable Lady members still adorn daily and within the work place please?

Sure would show that stockings will be around forever whatever the moaners and dissenters say.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

1 person likes this

I remember in a previous job, around 2005 I worked in an office with an early thirties woman. Our desks were on the same row with an often spare desk between us. The desks were angled so I naturally sat facing her slightly side on with quite a clear view to her legs. 

This was at a time before I knew the wonder of stockings but this woman was quickly showed me what I'd been missing. 

A subtle glimpse of tops to start that could have been an accident turned in to blatant shows including tops, suspenders and daily shows of her hosiery choice. 

She reeled me in and knew I was loving the shows and working in that office was a wonderful introduction to stockings. 

Much fun!

4 people like this

I have worn them since 14 to work school and out to play. Would not go without them at all. We got to keep u guys interested   gloria

7 people like this

Wife used to wear to work as a PA in a bank (80's and 90's), some of the other managers teased her about them on occasion when they caught a flash. Now she works in an environment where its not possible to wear stockings but she does still wear pantyhose...

3 people like this

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, Paula131 said:

Hi Marge, what style do u wear mostly?

Rhts always... barely black or copper...gio or Clio..yourself? Are you a wearer to work?

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, gloria38 said:

I have worn them since 14 to work school and out to play. Would not go without them at all. We got to keep u guys interested   gloria

Gloria, Thanks for keeping our interest so nicely!

6 hours ago, billso and marge said:

Rhts always... barely black or copper...gio or Clio..yourself? Are you a wearer to work?

So lovely to hear and I'd bet even lovelier to view!

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

On 25/10/2017 at 1:51 PM, billso and marge said:

Always wear to  the office..my bosses are father and son .....he's 70 and son is 45.l tease them  but not together..The father is a remarkable man for his age..needless to say l keep Bill informed of any misbehaving..on my part... lol... love Marge.

Fantastic you tease them both.   I used to tease at places I worked

Many colleagues and clientele knew I wore

1 person likes this

I had a girlfriend in the mid 80's who wore gartered stockings almost everyday for work in a cafeteria where she worked as the "checker girl" ringing up customer's purchases. She had never really worn anything other than pantyhose when she was growing up and when she met me she was wiling to indulge my love of stockings and happily wore them as long as I provided them for her, which I was delighted to do. Sadly we parted ways and I have no idea if she continued to wear afterwards. The 80's were a great time to be a stocking lover.

1 person likes this

alas pantyhose are the 'norm' for womens' leg attire here in North America (where I live at least! - lol). I would like to think that more women wear stockings but pantyhose are more regular if not bare-legged (oooh..shudder!).  My wife is a wearer of pantyhose but i know she has thrilled her office a couple times by wearing stockings only after my sorrowful pleading to see her in them. Always made me wonder if she flashed for any of the guys(maybe even ladies?) that work in her office.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, justluvs-cpl said:

alas pantyhose are the 'norm' for womens' leg attire here in North America (where I live at least! - lol). I would like to think that more women wear stockings but pantyhose are more regular if not bare-legged (oooh..shudder!).  My wife is a wearer of pantyhose but i know she has thrilled her office a couple times by wearing stockings only after my sorrowful pleading to see her in them. Always made me wonder if she flashed for any of the guys(maybe even ladies?) that work in her office.

I agree, it seams that the States is like the Sahara desert when it comes to Stocking wearers.  Looking at the posts from our friends abroad makes me envious.  My wife is a teacher, which really doesn’t lend itself these days to wearing stockings to work.  The closest she came was wearing Hold Ups to one of her students weddings.  It was great seeing her dressed up and on the dance floor with her students.  

Edited by HH1

Thanks for all the posts, a very interesting to read.  Keep them coming.

On 25/10/2017 at 1:51 PM, billso and marge said:

You'll give that poor man a heart attack  Marge

1 hour ago, topline v8 said:

You'll give that poor man a heart attack  Marge

Perhaps that’s the plan? :58674be6ca98e_EmojiSmiley-15: :58674be766e2b_EmojiSmiley-16: :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

1 person likes this

I always wore stockings for work every day when I was working. I even went for my interview wearing Aristoc cuban heel tan fully fashioned stockings with black 5 inch heel court shoes.. When I got the job my husband used to say I only got the post because my boss was a stocking fan. I said he probably never even noticed.

Years later and on my leaving do I did ask my boss why he chose me above all the other ladies to fill the position in the accounts department. And yes he did admit he was a stockings fan and when I turned to leave the interview he had decided in that moment I had the job, even though there were more to interview after me.

He never ever made a pass or commentated on my dress sense, very high heels and fully fashioned stockings have always been my chosen attire, even to this day. He told me he admired the way I took care of my make up and always tried to look good, but most of all he loved to grab a quick glance at my seamed legs.

Bless him, he was a really lovey guy, great boss to work for. And all because I wore seamed stockings for my interview.

1 person likes this

Julie..i must say if i had you in the interview and you did your job and well lets face it..you looked good and wore stockings..i pick you too..i hope it doesnt sound sexist. but its nice to come to work and well people feel good about themselves and if u show a stocking top once in a while..hey im about raises and time off..etc..etc. I would never be rude or a bad guy in making a move either..lol..god bless u for wearing too..you look amamzing..this is me

mike jam 2.jpg

1 person likes this

My first job out of college as an office junior in the mid 90's - there was one lady - accountant who definitely wore stockings everyday - usually black with a two tone welt and would regularly flash the tops when she bent over or was sat down at her desk - when wearing longer skirts you would always see her suspenders clearly through the skirt - to this day aside from FFS those types of stockings are my favourites!

I think two of the other girls used to wear also but could never be sure

Those days in Liverpool were amazing with many office girls at lunch time being seen on a weekly basis wearing seams and a couple wearing real FFS (I assume Harmony Points) - great days that I look back on with pleasure!!

1 person likes this

Wow, this memory goes back to the late 60's early 70's but I guess it must be a good one if I still remember it. The transition from stockings to pantyhose was well entrenched so fewer and fewer ladies were wearing stockings. I was still in high school at the time and working at a hospital on weekends. A girl 3-4 years older was my immediate supervisor. We were very friendly towards each other and had a lot of flirting but for whatever reason nothing ever became of what I thought was a mutual interest. Anyway, she was a wearer of stockings and garter belts and she had the legs to wear them. When she was sitting I ofter had a glimpse of stocking welt, smooth silky thigh and garter straps. In fact, once when her and I were in the office alone she did catch me starring, and even looked down to see what I was starring at. Whoops! 

1 person likes this

A few years back, we had the pleasure of lady who worked in our office who also did a bit of part time modelling. She had the longest legs I've ever seen and wouldn't hesitate to make the most of them, wearing all manner of seamed, coloured and patterned hosiery.  On more than one occasion I was treated to a flash of stockings welt and suspender clasps. Unfortunately, some of the women we worked with were quite nasty about her.  She was a lovely down to earth girl who you could have a good chat and a laugh with and I had the good fortune of doing a few charity cycle rides with her.  Sadly she moved on to a new firm but then about a year after having a child (who she'd never expected to be able to have) she tragically passed away in her early thirties.

1 person likes this