Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sub_stockings_girl

Driving in heels

12 posts in this topic

Me and the girls were discussing driving our cars whilst wearing heels. Personally I keep a cute pair of ballet flats for driving as I prefer them. However most of my friends tend to drive in their heels unless they are quite high.  What do you prefer to do?

I drive in heels, most of the time, except after a particularly long day and or night, then I use a pair of ballet slippers that live in the car.

From a safety perspective as long as you can control the car and the shoe can't get caught under a pedal you should be OK, please never flip flops though (under any circumstances!)

1 person likes this

Hi All:

I don't find driving in heels to be that difficult as long as the heels are 3 inches or less. But I always keep a few pairs of flats in the car to drive in as driving in heels tends to scuff and damage pretty shoes. 

And for my every day, half mile walk to the train, I wear white Keds canvas oxfords, and carry my heels in a bag. I think the Keds look cute, even on days when I wear FFN nylons. Certainly not a look seen everyday!

Karen

2 people like this

Yeh i always take a flat ( boots , trainers . converse ) something with tie laces when driving then change when i reach my destination , always have and probably always will :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

i always keep a pair of flats in the car that i change into when i drive as i wouldn't want to ruin my heels.......and of course when changing from flats to heels when i park has some benefits for anyone who sees me change my shoes:)

2 people like this

I can remember the sister of a school friend (she would be 18 at the time) and just passed her driving test said that she could only drive in her high heels!!

I am a late comer to heels.  My first experience driving with heels went fine, I was more anxious than anything else.  I like Karen's comment about canvas Keds.  I have a white pair that I love to wear when I'm wearing stockings !

depending on how high the heels are I will drive in my heels otherwise i have a pair of flats(OMG) in the car for driving.

When you lovely ladies drive in heels does your heels not pop off when you press in the clutch? 

Would like to see you lovely ladies changing shoes though 😉