Sign in to follow this  
DMCGREG

WTF is happening with the chatroom????

30 posts in this topic

What is happening with the chatroom??? Surely it isn't that difficult to get it up and running? If not then you really should remove the "chat room - click bubble below" section. It's getting a bit silly now. 

40 minutes ago, DMCGREG said:

Get the finger out and sort it out Dave!!!! 

The simple answer to your question Greg is that nothing is happening with the Chatroom and is unlikely to for some time yet.

The reason is quite simple, all David's fingers are out and all hands are to the pump just trying to keep SHQ alive if all rumours are to be believed.

If those rumours are true we wish him good luck and good fortune as it would be a very sad day indeed if SHQ stopped delivering the sheer quality it does.

KtF
:58674be973f66_EmojiSmiley-20:

5 hours ago, SeamsFFun said:

The simple answer to your question Greg is that nothing is happening with the Chatroom and is unlikely to for some time yet.

The reason is quite simple, all David's fingers are out and all hands are to the pump just trying to keep SHQ alive if all rumours are to be believed.

If those rumours are true we wish him good luck and good fortune as it would be a very sad day indeed if SHQ stopped delivering the sheer quality it does.

KtF
:58674be973f66_EmojiSmiley-20:

There are no rumours, just fact for anyone to access. It's a shame really but SHQ stopped delivering the quality some time ago, the reason being that the owners had to find the cheapest possible set up resulting in a hit or miss chatroom and indifferent moderation.

It would have helped if the owner's fingers weren't in so many different pies.

It's a shame that some members here are never satisfied with what we have here - a forum of common interest, a community of like minded individuals and a shop to buy quality products. 

But when one small element goes a bit wrong, the knives come out against David and the mods and criticise everything they do,  and give stupid narrow minded opinions - 'it can' t be that difficult', 'sort it out', 'stopped delivering the quality some time ago'. It's comments like those that start to destroy all the good work already done by the team in setting all this up. 

Some members here really need get a life and stop being such narrow minded bigots. If you don't like it, go elsewhere and set up your own forum,  and leave those of us who greatly appreciate David and the team's efforts to enjoy what they do here.  

16 minutes ago, Bigun said:

It's a shame that some members here are never satisfied with what we have here - a forum of common interest, a community of like minded individuals and a shop to buy quality products. 

But when one small element goes a bit wrong, the knives come out against David and the mods and criticise everything they do,  and give stupid narrow minded opinions - 'it can' t be that difficult', 'sort it out', 'stopped delivering the quality some time ago'. It's comments like those that start to destroy all the good work already done by the team in setting all this up. 

Some members here really need get a life and stop being such narrow minded bigots. If you don't like it, go elsewhere and set up your own forum,  and leave those of us who greatly appreciate David and the team's efforts to enjoy what they do here.  

Hear...hear! :58674be766e2b_EmojiSmiley-16:

Some people are too quick to criticize and too slow to give praise where praise is due. 

Negative comments will not encourage David ‘to sort things out’ etc Infact he’ll probably do nothing to resolve the issues concerned, I know I wouldn’t with ungrateful members whining the way they are. 

If you have something to say, be constructive and remember your manners. 

Happy Saturday everyone  :58674bdf747cb_EmojiSmiley-04:

If you are not part of the solution, don’t add to the problem.  

I don’t have the time to set up and moderate a forum like this so I’m grateful for whoever has taken on this endeavor.  The complainers are free to exhaust hours of their life and set up a similar site so that people can bitch at when it’s not going right.  Anyone who publicly flames a service they are getting for free goes to the bottom of the list 

1 hour ago, OpaqueJon said:

If you are not part of the solution, don’t add to the problem.  

I don’t have the time to set up and moderate a forum like this so I’m grateful for whoever has taken on this endeavor.  The complainers are free to exhaust hours of their life and set up a similar site so that people can bitch at when it’s not going right.  Anyone who publicly flames a service they are getting for free goes to the bottom of the list 

I would have said that far from bitching, whining and being ungrateful, most members are simply concerned and would like to be reassured.

The only people with no manners are the resident trolls.

The chatroom works fine on some internet web browsers ie google chrome, but not on others ie safari ( i pad/phone ).

perhaps it would help to try to find a solution for yourself, i aint computer savvy but i have.

22 hours ago, Bigun said:

Listen bigun, don't you dare try to step in and pretend you are the voice of reason. You have sat there is your fortress of squalitude, biding you time like Mr Burns just waiting for this situation. We all know David is busy, we all know it's difficult running the show like he does. What we don't need is brown nosers like you that don't give two hoots about David or the site coming out of the woodwork and claiming you were right all along. All you want to do is talk about you, sitting in your mums tights and how the world is against you and has let you down. I say again, this site is called "Stockings HQ", not "I'm wearing my mums tights HQ". It's you that needs to set up a different forum. May I suggest "muppets r us"??

Well said, DMCGREG.  There are several 'brown noses' amongst us, however, all hoping that the site owners will see and read their pathetic attempts at crawling.

It is pleasing to see that number of the real members here share my earlier opion, indeed liking and agreeing with my comments. 

Shame the OP doesn't appear to have that same support......... but then no one really likes a troll either. 

Edited by Bigun

11 minutes ago, Bigun said:

It is pleasing to see that number of the real members here share my earlier opion, indeed liking and agreeing with my comments. 

Shame the OP doesn't appear to have that same support......... but then no one really likes a troll either. 

I'm with you, Bigun. No matter what's going, I want the owner to succeed. I don't know how a member can badmouth the owner of this forum that has given us a platform to freely express our views. To call these same people 'ingrates' doesn't come close to how I feel about these people.

Note: sa68 is still a turd

9 hours ago, flaming sword said:

Well said, DMCGREG.  There are several 'brown noses' amongst us, however, all hoping that the site owners will see and read their pathetic attempts at crawling.

39 minutes ago, rowlf said:

I'm with you, Bigun. No matter what's going, I want the owner to succeed. I don't know how a member can badmouth the owner of this forum that has given us a platform to freely express our views. To call these same people 'ingrates' doesn't come close to how I feel about these people.

@flaming sword so you can include your Bro rowlf amongst the ‘brown noses’ and crawlers now then 🤔 :58674bdeceb55_EmojiSmiley-03:

Edited by stockingsadmirer68

2 hours ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

@flaming sword so you can include your Bro rowlf amongst the ‘brown noses’ and crawlers now then 🤔 :58674bdeceb55_EmojiSmiley-03:

Never met the man in my life, but if the cap fits, etc etc.

He can't be all that bad if he's got you figured out for a turd.

I would have described you as a 'little' turd.

Edited by flaming sword

5 minutes ago, flaming sword said:

Thought you might like that.

Lost for words, eh?

Edited by flaming sword

1 hour ago, flaming sword said:

Bro, I detest disagreeing with you, but I feel this sa68 is a really big turd...........................that stinks to high Heaven.

13 hours ago, rowlf said:

but I feel this sa68 is a really big turd...........................that stinks to high Heaven.

There’s me thinking you was the grown up 👴🏻 of the bunch, how wrong am I? 🤔 

Better being a turd 💩 than the biggest 🛎🔚 of SHQ 🤣 

Happy Monday everybody 😉

13 hours ago, rowlf said:

Bro, I detest disagreeing with you, but I feel this sa68 is a really big turd...........................that stinks to high Heaven.

Sir, excuse me butting into your conversation un-announced, but reading past posts from this character, (if posts you can call them), I feel your description of him is slightly understated.

Have you any idea why he feels he has to resort to using pictures to print his thoughts? Is it perhaps that he can only understand pictures.

1 hour ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

There’s me thinking you was the grown up 👴🏻 of the bunch, how wrong am I? 🤔 

Better being a turd 💩 than the biggest 🛎🔚 of SHQ 🤣 

Happy Monday everybody 😉

Here's me thinking that if you were a grown-up, you would help in providing continuity among fellow members, instead of dissension at every opportunity. This forum has turned into a shithole and you're as much to blame as anyone else. I don't have anything against you. You can be clever when you want to be. You just don't seem to hardly ever want to be.

A few people have run away most of the more established members. This most likely happens anyway. Things change. But I can't see an awful lot of 'innocents' around here.

Yeah fair play Rowlf for having the courage to actually come out and discuss the issue. I obviously disagree with everything you say but at least you are someone that people can have a debate with. Bigun and his odd collection of supporters don't actually ever seem to grasp what the conversation is about. Stockingsadmirer68 clearly doesn't know whether it's New York or New year. Talk about random????

2 hours ago, DMCGREG said:

Stockingsadmirer68 clearly doesn't know whether it's New York or New year. Talk about random????

That's why you ‘liked’ several of my responses then? 🤔😳🤣 

I’m glad we’re on the same page 👍🏻😉

6 hours ago, DMCGREG said:

Yeah fair play Rowlf for having the courage to actually come out and discuss the issue. I obviously disagree with everything you say but at least you are someone that people can have a debate with. Bigun and his odd collection of supporters don't actually ever seem to grasp what the conversation is about. Stockingsadmirer68 clearly doesn't know whether it's New York or New year. Talk about random????

Rowlf is right. I don't think I have ever said that. Jesus help me. 

3 hours ago, Trinity said:

Rowlf is right. I don't think I have ever said that. Jesus help me. 

You're a sweetheart, Penny! But I don't think that even Jesus can help you!:58674be5313cc_EmojiSmiley-12:

The chat room works quite well for me on all platforms. When I decide to pop in that is...

Happy times and many thanks for all you do here David and the team!

Lisa x

Does anyone else now just want to go "la la la la la la la". LOL. This is a silly conversation and should stop now. We are all being too silly and pedantic to continue. There, your Uncle DMCGREG has said, enough!!!!!!