14 posts in this topic

I've seen mention on several threads about worries or potential embarrassment at the airport body scanners, if you're wearing a belt with metal clasps.

The airport trick that works for me is to take my belt and stockings in hand luggage, let the bag get scanned, then pop to the Ladies and get properly dressed there! Saves any potential embarrassment. I can't claim credit for this idea, hubby came up with it as he will do just about anything to get me into stockings.

I had similar problem but with bra clasps

Had to remove it

In public!!! Surely not!

11 minutes ago, Married Carole said:

I had similar problem but with bra clasps

Had to remove it

Lol, did you still get a body search though?

Think they knew I didn't have much else on

5 hours ago, ECCouple said:

I've seen mention on several threads about worries or potential embarrassment at the airport body scanners, if you're wearing a belt with metal clasps.

The airport trick that works for me is to take my belt and stockings in hand luggage, let the bag get scanned, then pop to the Ladies and get properly dressed there! Saves any potential embarrassment. I can't claim credit for this idea, hubby came up with it as he will do just about anything to get me into stockings.

Clever idea, shame to have to though. 

You should wear them the new scanners are not invasive and the security are used to more than suspenders they have to look at genital piercings so all you gorgeous ladies should weargoing through xxx

14 hours ago, ECCouple said:

After getting pinged a few years ago and having to go an embarrassingly long and public pat down, this is what Mrs B does now.

I always wear hold ups to save all this faffing around, although the under wires in my bra did set it off, my piercing being made of gold doesnt seem to effect scanner.

5 hours ago, Its Me said:

my piercing being made of gold doesnt seem to effect scanner.

Is that because it’s ‘tucked away’ so to speak? :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06: 

12 minutes ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

Is that because it’s ‘tucked away’ so to speak? :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06: 

Hopefully not, as its a belly button piercing :58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

Under wired bras set them off.  I just came back from Barcelona. On way there had to take bra off.  Didn't wear one all holiday except onetime after that until I got home.