snakebite

Washing nylons

7 posts in this topic

Lycra (Elastane) does not appear in Fully Fashioned Stockings. Nylon yarn does apparently stretch due to LUX Detergent advertisement for stockings. Guess since Lycra got invented they didnt really know how much "stretch" there is possible.

Anyways.. now in this era, how do you wash major nylon brands? Is there a wrong and right way?

lux-detergent-married-no-reason-neglect-stockings.jpg

Hi Snakebite:

I believe that ad is old enough to be referring to silk stockings. It is my understanding that silk stockings do have a small bit of elasticity to them. Whether washing them in Lux improved their elasticity, I have no idea. But it made for an interesting advertising claim that soap flakes manufacturers used for years. 

Karen

1 person likes this

I hand wash mine in a mild hand washing liquid.

I find drying them a much bigger risk of snagging, on clothes horse or pegs on line.

1 person likes this

hand wash in delicate fabric detergent.

1 person likes this

i put them in the machine, in a lingeriebag ofcourse

30°

end dry by nature....

never had a run or something

and they wearing still great

IMG_20170907_140223.jpg

1 person likes this

Hand wash in laundry detergent, rinse, dry in a towel then toss them in a baggie and put them in the freezer.  It's a shrink/dry wrap and the knee bagging if any will be gone.

Check This Out!  Look at the old boy eye-balling the wife's legs!  She's looking a bit Coy pretending to be engulfed with her knitting but actually hoping he's taking notice.  Lordy Lou Ellen, he's checking out the ladders in her seamed stockings!  Although looked at as being  naughty or trashy by some, and he's one of them, and she's a teaser, she's most likely leading him on with her Eye Catcher ladders!  She has a bit of being a tart in her for sure!  She knows how to use laddered hosiery to her advantage!  Believe me, stockings with ladders will catch the eyes of a fella faster that greased lightening!  That look was a lure used by many women!  I'll bet-cha she was doing something other than knitting shorty after ole Daddy put away that magazine!

:58674be644c95_EmojiSmiley-14:

I know I'm a bit bizarre but I just can't help it!

Edited by HanesBaby-CSB
1 person likes this