Seamsweet

Stockings with heels ...

36 posts in this topic

Hi everyone , i just wondered if anyone ( thats ANYONE ) have any thoughts on their footwear with stockings . Do you think a certain shoe type goes well with a stocking type or vice versa , lets see what you think .

Many thanks in advance

x

2 people like this

I definitely prefer classic courts/pumps with any stockings.

6 people like this

3 minutes ago, kellym said:

Hey Kelly , hope you well sweet x

so , you wouldnt wear a slingback Kelly ? x

1 person likes this

My wife wears the more traditional pump, (pic below)however she wants to try slingbacks also. She just received a pair of Jimmy Choo slides as a gift. We will have to give them a whirl as well, even though I don't know how she's going to keep them from sliding right off her feet! 

IMG_8997.JPG

Edited by HH1
5 people like this

6 minutes ago, HH1 said:

My wife wears the more traditional pump, (pic below)

wow !! fantastic picture thanks for sharing HH1 , love that colour too . I'v a pair of T-bar heels in that colour .

I think we tend to stick to ones we'r comfortable in but its nice to try out new ideas .

You must let us know how you other half gets on with the slides thanks

x

1 person likes this

I might be open to trying slingbacks to please the right woman. :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

Edited by kellym
1 person likes this

Lady S wears 6/7 inch heels with stockings irrespective of style of shoe...as she says"seams do not look right without heels".

3 people like this

2 hours ago, kellym said:

I might be open to trying slingbacks to please the right woman. :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

Your a wicked tease Kelly , well this girl loves seeing what ever you post :P x

44 minutes ago, Lord Seaton said:

.as she says"seams do not look right without heels".

I couldn't agree more LS but what type of heel does MrsLS like to wear with her seams , a classic stiletto ,a platform etc , i just wondered if some preferred a certain shoe to match there stocking choice , but a heel is a must lol thanks x

Edited by Seamsweet

I'm an Old School / Retro lady.  I like a 3 1/2 to 4 inch heel height.  My preference is open heel and toe slingbacks, ankle straps or slide sandals.  Shoe size is 5 1/2 - 6. I don't wear sandal foot sheer hosiery or closed pumps.  I stick with the rh&t and ff seams.  I wore my first pair of seams in 1962. I was eleven years old and I've enjoyed the adorning since then.  Since then is 55 years ago.  I'm 66 now!:58674be025c9f_EmojiSmiley-05:

Edited by HanesBaby-CSB
6 people like this

7 minutes ago, HanesBaby-CSB said:

My preference is open heel and toe slingbacks, ankle straps or slide sandals.

Very nice choices too HB . Slingbacks tend to show more of the heel , a teasing choice i think , thanks HB x

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, HanesBaby-CSB said:

I'm an Old School / Retro lady.  I like a 3 1/2 to 4 inch heel height.  My preference is open heel and toe slingbacks, ankle straps or slide sandals.  Shoe size is 5 1/2 - 6. I don't wear sandal foot sheer hosiery or closed pumps.  I stick with the rh&t and ff seams.  I wore my first pair of seams in 1962. I was eleven years old and I've enjoyed the adorning since then.  Since then is 55 years ago.  I'm 66 now!:58674be025c9f_EmojiSmiley-05:

...and still looking incredible, might I add.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, Seamsweet said:

Your a wicked tease Kelly , well this girl loves seeing what ever you post :P x

I couldn't agree more LS but what type of heel does MrsLS like to wear with her seams , a classic stiletto ,a platform etc , i just wondered if some preferred a certain shoe to match there stocking choice , but a heel is a must lol thanks x

As long as it's heels (stilettos or similar...not big chunky ones) and it suits the weather...obviously something more closed on a wet/cold day and open on fine/warm days.

Edited by Lord Seaton
1 person likes this

I have always thought the heels of shoes should "reflect" the heels on ff's nylons/stockings, even copy tights thus, ie point heels with stiletto's,cuban heels with with thick high heels (those pre stiletto, as per betty page for example) but not the almost clog types of the 1980's, Ugh!

1 person likes this

Don't wish to upset any of the slingback fans replying to this thread ... but I'm always a full court girl, Particularly with seams.  Agree with Auntie above that stiletto's with point heels but thicker heels can suit a cuban style.  Minimum heel height 3.5", normally 4.5.  Fortunately there's a plentiful selection of heels in my wardrobe for that perfect colour match!

2 people like this

21 hours ago, kellym said:

Me too, but there is also a case for sling backs. Why have a heel and not show it with FFs, but maybe not with RHT.

Of course, sling backs and a sheer heel are a dream.

1 person likes this

High heels with straps for me, such as these MJ's of mine:

large.5975d2c55e531_Sparkle2017Sunday04.jpg

11 people like this

6 hours ago, Lord Seaton said:

As long as it's heels (stilettos or similar...not big chunky ones) and it suits the weather...obviously something more closed on a wet/cold day and open on fine/warm days.

Yeh i agree the weather will always be a factor in what shoe style i'll wear too , thank you LS x

5 hours ago, Auntiesfault said:

I have always thought the heels of shoes should "reflect" the heels on ff's nylons/stockings, even copy tights thus, ie point heels with stiletto's,cuban heels with with thick high heels (those pre stiletto, as per betty page for example) but not the almost clog types of the 1980's, Ugh!

Yes AF i like your thinking , pointy heel stockings with stiletto's does make a lovely match , thankyou for your input x

5 hours ago, Susan d'Aristoc said:

Don't wish to upset any of the slingback fans replying to this thread ... but I'm always a full court girl, Particularly with seams.  Agree with Auntie above that stiletto's with point heels but thicker heels can suit a cuban style.  Minimum heel height 3.5", normally 4.5.  Fortunately there's a plentiful selection of heels in my wardrobe for that perfect colour match!

Not at all Susan , you wont upset anyone here , full courts will always have there place with lots of us , thank you x

3 hours ago, Gillian CD/TV said:

Me too, but there is also a case for sling backs. Why have a heel and not show it with FFs, but maybe not with RHT.

Of course, sling backs and a sheer heel are a dream.

I think most of us will have a fav Gillian thats what makes it fun , thanks x

1 hour ago, Dayna Stewartson said:

High heels with straps for me, such as these MJ's of mine:

And gorgeous they are to on you Dayna thank you  but may i ask a question ? Have you ever tried a T-bar shoe ? x

55 minutes ago, Pucelle said:

A classic court shoe can transform the worst of legs. 

So , you wear the classic court Pucelle ? Can't go wrong there , thanks x

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Seamsweet said:

Have you ever tried a T-bar shoe ?

T-Bar heels look fantastic.  As soon as I find a pair that takes my fancy, I'll buy them. 

1 person likes this

Heels of any kind - definitely. I've worn flats and they just, well, fall flat. 

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, Dayna Stewartson said:

T-Bar heels look fantastic.  As soon as I find a pair that takes my fancy, I'll buy them. 

I reckon T-bar shoe's would look fantastic on your pin's too Dayna thanks x

19 minutes ago, MrsDzineGuy said:

Heels of any kind - definitely. I've worn flats and they just, well, fall flat. 

lol I know what you mean MrsD , i can't wear a completely flat shoe it hurts . May i ask you a question MrsD , would you consider a Mule type shoe ? thanks x

1 person likes this

Our most fave is a pair of 5" strappy sandals then it would definitely be pumps. Mmmmmmm, which pair to wear tonight??

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Seamsweet said:

I reckon T-bar shoe's would look fantastic on your pin's too Dayna thanks x

lol I know what you mean MrsD , i can't wear a completely flat shoe it hurts . May i ask you a question MrsD , would you consider a Mule type shoe ? thanks x

Yes! I have 3 pairs of mules that have what I call a kitten heel - 1 inch or so. 

1 person likes this

Hi:

As a long time wearer of stockings, I wear them with all kinds of shoes. I agree that they look best with high heels, but I also enjoy wearing them with lower heels, flats and even white Keds canvas oxfords. 

In the eatly 1960s, when I started wearing nylons, a hot look was to wear seamless stockings with white Keds. I still love that look with casual clothes on weekends. Another sixties look I still wear is stockings with skimmer flats, especially the kind with a slingback. Like many others here, I like to show off the reinforced heels of my stockings. So I wear slingback flats with RH&Ts for a sixties look, or with FFNs for more of a casual fifties look. As you might suspect, I collect and wear vintage  clothing.  

Of course I love wearing both seamed and seamless stockings with closed high heel pumps, open toe slingback pumps, sandals and slides. My heels are generally in the 3 to 4 inch range. I tend to wear my closed pumps with my modern nude heel or sandalfoot stockings since it seems a shame to me to hide the reinforced heels and toes of my good vintage stockings. 

When we were teens back in the 1960s, my friends and I liked to show off our reinforced heels with slingback shoes to announce to the world that we were wearing real nylons. I guess I still do! The fashion police have been after me for years LOL!

Karen

2 people like this

#1 Classic slingbacks 3 to 4 inch. Closed or open toe. 

#2 traditional pumps same heel  as above colour to suit outfit.

The keds and seamless noted above is a look i recall. Very very nice

1 person likes this

On 8/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, Stockings5x1 said:

Our most fave is a pair of 5" strappy sandals then it would definitely be pumps. Mmmmmmm, which pair to wear tonight??

lol I hope you decided on something nice to wear with them stockings5x1 thanks x

On 8/28/2017 at 2:16 AM, MrsDzineGuy said:

Yes! I have 3 pairs of mules that have what I call a kitten heel - 1 inch or so. 

A girl can never have too much of a choice , thanks MrsD they sound lovely x

3 hours ago, OnyxPointex said:

Hi:

As a long time wearer of stockings, I wear them with all kinds of shoes. I agree that they look best with high heels, but I also enjoy wearing them with lower heels, flats and even white Keds canvas oxfords. 

In the eatly 1960s, when I started wearing nylons, a hot look was to wear seamless stockings with white Keds. I still love that look with casual clothes on weekends. Another sixties look I still wear is stockings with skimmer flats, especially the kind with a slingback. Like many others here, I like to show off the reinforced heels of my stockings. So I wear slingback flats with RH&Ts for a sixties look, or with FFNs for more of a casual fifties look. As you might suspect, I collect and wear vintage  clothing.  

Of course I love wearing both seamed and seamless stockings with closed high heel pumps, open toe slingback pumps, sandals and slides. My heels are generally in the 3 to 4 inch range. I tend to wear my closed pumps with my modern nude heel or sandalfoot stockings since it seems a shame to me to hide the reinforced heels and toes of my good vintage stockings. 

When we were teens back in the 1960s, my friends and I liked to show off our reinforced heels with slingback shoes to announce to the world that we were wearing real nylons. I guess I still do! The fashion police have been after me for years LOL!

Karen

wow !! that was a lovely read thank you for that Onyxpointex , but your right , weather its high heels , flats , open toes , courts , Mules , boots , whatever ..its nice to try out new things along with stocking styles . The fashion police must love you , i'm lovin your sense of fun , many thanks x

2 hours ago, Alwshppy said:

#1 Classic slingbacks 3 to 4 inch. Closed or open toe. 

#2 traditional pumps same heel  as above colour to suit outfit.

The keds and seamless noted above is a look i recall. Very very nice

I had to look up what Keds were lol

I think what it comes down to is that everyone has a fav heel/shoe that they feel suits their style of that moment . It may not be to everyone's taste but who cares , it's what we want .

Many thanks to all taking part x

Edited by Seamsweet

Slingbacks were MADE to be worn with FFNs...

2011-08-21_Beach_Nylons_029.jpg2011-08-21_Beach_Nylons_049.jpg

8 people like this

On 10/3/2017 at 7:25 PM, MBLover said:

And you look stunnin in them too MBLover , its great to see you again , havent seen you since S&h closed :) x

Been around, but not very much due to health issues... Things are improving now, so we'll be around more... Nice to see your loveliness represented here...

1 person likes this

I love to wear some courtshoes,

hight approx 4"

round nose

is nice with any nylon and any type of clothes

219154573-glitter-pumps-schoenen-met-strik-maat-38.jpg

2 people like this

On ‎03‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 8:25 PM, MBLover said:

2011-08-21_Beach_Nylons_029.jpg2011-08-21_Beach_Nylons_049.jpg

Like the colour of this seamed stockings > which be perfectly high up attached(good example is what I see through the slit)!!

2 people like this

12 hours ago, MBLover said:

Been around, but not very much due to health issues... Things are improving now, so we'll be around more... Nice to see your loveliness represented here..

awwe my very best to you both MB , thank you x

12 hours ago, rago1978 said:

I love to wear some courtshoes,

hight approx 4"

round nose

is nice with any nylon and any type of clothes

Lovely heels rago , and blue is my fav colour too x

12 hours ago, Liebhaber-von-Nylons said:

Like the colour of this seamed stockings > which be perfectly high up attached(good example is what I see through the slit)!!

A very naughty glimpse isnt it LVN , the heels are fantastic x

pumps are best. sandals should have proper straps to stop your feet from sliding all over.

scan0004 copy (Large).jpg

021411ascan00081.jpg

Edited by leggypat
2 people like this

On 10/15/2017 at 8:58 AM, leggypat said:

pumps are best. sandals should have proper straps to stop your feet from sliding all over.

scan0004 copy (Large).jpg

021411ascan00081.jpg

Very nice legs and feet....I'm sure we would all love to see more ....Thank you for sharing!

1 person likes this

I personally like to see open toe sling back with painted toes and reinforced toes. Something mesmerising about that x

somehow i knew my colonel would like this..... actually he's made it clear that he did. thanks so much.

1 person likes this