seams2behard

Thunder in The Glen

10 posts in this topic

Wondering if any of you lovely SHQ ladies are coming to Aviemore to enjoy 3000 throbbing Harley Davidson Bikes, music and fun this weekend 😀

Heels and leather skirts a welcome addition. 

2 people like this

I'm in portugal 

"Only" 3000??  Attendance at Sturgis Rally 77th earlier this month was 379,000, down from the 75th attendance of >800,000...

Eric...17 miles north of Sturgis, SD

2 people like this

Now that I'm retired Bill and I should think about coming to one of those Harley Wing Dings.  Bill has had a love affair with Pan Heads for over 50 years.  He has a 1949 that he's had since 1971.  It was a piece of oil leaking junk but he transformed it into a beautiful chopper he calls "Wicked Wanda"  We lived right behind a Harley shop when we first got married.  There Bill and the machinist bored the Pan to 80 Cubic Inches and did some frame reinforcing.  My dad owned a welding shop.  The frame was not modified.  He still has that bike but he rides the 1957 now.  He had a 1951 and it was stolen.  Since Bill believes his hand made(and he stripped it down to every not and bolt) is a work of art I'll show it to you folks.  The molding, and painting is his work.  The only thing that's not his is the Wicked Wanda cartoon off the back of a Penthouse Magazine!  Here she is and she's beautiful!

1949HD.jpg

2 people like this

Wow...That bike truly is a work of art!  Have you ever given those to be lucky enough a stocking flash while on the back of it? 

1 person likes this

Wicked Wanda is in a Storage Vault.  Bill will have his 1957 Pan Head finished soon.  It's not as fancy but it's nice.  When he's done I'll try that stockings shot on the 57.  Where we live it would be an invitation to theft if Bill took Wanda out of her secure vault. Should he bring it to our garage?  Someone will get shot eventually!  As screwed up as Chicago is we are planning to leave.

Thanks for the comment!  It took Bill two and a half year's to do the work.  The molding of the tank into the front and back of the frame was extreme millimeter by millimeter hand sanding.  The Bondo set like concrete so it was very difficult to work with.  He built Wanda while working in the steel mill, keeping the house up and raising a family.

Many Blessings, Susan

2 people like this

We did thunder and cider and fens and Benelux and st tropes and it's all about the ride and the brotherhood not the size of the rally 

81 here