FFANNA

Vintage nylon seamed fishnet stockings

17 posts in this topic

Yes, the topic might sound strange, but my question is born from the discussion on another forum

There are many seamed fishnets available in the market, but I have trouble finding nylon, vintage, seamed fishnet stockings (exactly as the ones in my picture here).

I have just 2 pairs and do not see them available anywhere :(

Do you see such stockings available anywhere ?

FFA 1.jpg

Edited by FFANNA

Wonderful stockings - but I'm sorry, don't know as you where they are available!!

17 hours ago, FFANNA said:

Yes, the topic might sound strange, but my question is born from the discussion on another forum

There are many seamed fishnets available in the market, but I have trouble finding nylon, vintage, seamed fishnet stockings (exactly as the ones in my picture here).

FFA 1.jpg

Lovely stockings and the whole look is so very retro.

I can't remember ever seeing similar stockings to these before. Seems like they could be rarer than hens teeth,

what a wonderful find for you. Keep searching those markets stalls though, as you one day may be lucky.

7 hours ago, billso and marge said:

Are they fishnet???

Yes, they are. Have a look at the picture below ...

FFA 2.jpg

20 hours ago, FFANNA said:

The topic is far from strange Amazing Anna, you have found something you really like and would like more of and this is as good a place as any to ask people if they can help.

And on the subject of like and like more, I would not be opposed to you posting more images of these sensationally looking stockings.

Especially if they are upon your wondrous legs and displayed so sexily and teasing.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

14 minutes ago, FFANNA said:

Yes, they are. Have a look at the picture below ...

Goodness gracious me!

Never doubted it for a minute and well done Billso and Marge for getting such sensational proof from the gorgeous Anna.

If that's not a pair of spectacular legs adorned beautifully to die for I don't know what are.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, FFANNA said:

FFA 1.jpg

the close up tells the story..lovely.

I wonder if they are sheer mesh rather than fishnets?  I bought Mrs G_1 a vintage pair of seamed sheer mesh stockings on eBay. X

Sheer Mesh - Copy.JPG

you're looking for non-stretch?

9 hours ago, G_1 said:

I wonder if they are sheer mesh rather than fishnets?  I bought Mrs G_1 a vintage pair of seamed sheer mesh stockings on eBay. X

Sheer Mesh - Copy.JPG

There's only one way to find out...... :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06: 

Have you received them yet? :58674be766e2b_EmojiSmiley-16: 

They are mesh.

I have these Aristoc  Harmony,exactly the same other then size.

They wear very well,last longer then the flat knit that came after these. 

Still a great stocking,one of the best

Oh for the days of ArtistocHarmony FFs...Aristoc  Tango RHTs and those lovely mesh stockings as well.... Bill is starting to whimper... lol..those were the days..love Marge.

From what I can see the stockings in the original photo (with black underskirt) are a type of mesh knit stocking that were popular in the late 1950's and early to mid 60's known by the name of micromesh, these were non stretch fully fashioned in so much as the shape of the stockings ideally fitted where it mattered, (assuming you had fully fashioned legs and feet!) this was often not the case leading to the "they fitted at the feet and ankle, but were only just above the knee"so next time you got a bigger size resulting in being long enough but too big in the feet and at the ankle! causeing the wrinkles! (why some men liked to see the latter is beyond me?) not that length was a real problem as skirt/dresse length was then below or just about the knee with little chance of flashing in normal wear.   The reason micromesh became popular was I think the fact that you only had to look at the sheer plain knit nylons in the wrong way and they laddered from ankle to welt! they did feel superb though both to the wearer and anyone touching them whereas the micromesh felt something like sandpaper! I also think that mircomesh stoickings came AFTER plain knit nylons?

I have never seen, in real life or in photos, stockings from that era, best as I remember with just a seam? they always seemed to have foot reinforcing with point or cuban heels? maybe they were made  after the intrtoduction of RHT's to recapture the glamour of seams without the dated look to them?

I am not sure if we could call these stockings mesh knit. I managed to find the box with the other pair I have. This are Berkshire stockings, from "International Collection" and they are called Parisienne. Please find below some pictures. The close up shows what is for me very fine fishnet rather than mesh. But in fact it does not really matter, they are great, hard to find and I wear them just for special occasions :) 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

On 8/7/2017 at 0:57 PM, FFANNA said:

FFA 1.jpg

Great views of you lovely legs in these vintage stockings Anna,  thanks.