Its Me

Fishnets

65 posts in this topic

Seem very much en vogue at the moment, after visiting Brighton today, there was a plethora of all sizes/styles and colours.

Myself, I was wearing natural coloured vintage point seams, if anyone is interested. :)

I like the larger opening ones...

5 hours ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

Whale 🐳 Nets? :58674be18a3d6_EmojiSmiley-07:

Bwa ha! 

28 minutes ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

That's what they're called, well at least over here they are  :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

I had no idea!! I thought you were joking!!! LOL 😂 

I have to admit I really don't like whale nets, don't find them attractive or sexy.

Fishnets are ok as long as they are black they can be nice to look at but I'm afraid I don't like the feel of them.

Prefer sheers 1,000,000% more.

Just my opinion and nothing personal.

KtF
:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

10 minutes ago, SeamsFFun said:

I have to admit I really don't like whale nets, don't find them attractive or sexy.

Fishnets are ok as long as they are black they can be nice to look at but I'm afraid I don't like the feel of them.

Prefer sheers 1,000,000% more.

Just my opinion and nothing personal.

KtF
:58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

Different strokes for different folkes :58674bdf747cb_EmojiSmiley-04:

What you choose to 'adorn' is entirely up to you J :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06: 

Happy Sunday everyone  :58674be18a3d6_EmojiSmiley-07:

2 minutes ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

What you choose to 'adorn' is entirely up to you J

I do not and have not ever adorned but don't condemn those "Gurls" and Guys that do.

No, I was referring to the rush I get when feeling sheer hosiery with other parts of my anatomy as opposed to the bobbly rough feel of fishnets.

KtF
:58674be6ca98e_EmojiSmiley-15:

🎣 

I know J - I caught you though, didn't I? :58674bdeceb55_EmojiSmiley-03: 

Don't knock it though....... :58674be766e2b_EmojiSmiley-16:

There is a time and place for everything and that includes fishnets, in my book 📚 

I LOVE a lady in fishnets !!!!!!

I think we have posted this before but still, many ladies in Las Vegas and elsewhere, wear a pair of regular nylons first.

Then the fishnets are added on top. The ladies say they are more comfortable this way and the little bumps don't show as much.

I've never tried it but it may be worth a go.

Hi

I often wear fishnets black or natural colours, often I wear sheer tan ot natural coloured stockings under my fishnets.  I also like micronets.

Kate 

I'm not a fan of fishnets either...I think they look OK but I don't like the feel of them, much prefer Gio FFN's.

I agree Lord Seaton

11 minutes ago, FFANNA said:

This are proper fishnets ... nylon & seamed. Not easy to get unfortunately :(

It's pictures like this that can make you change opinions.

They look fabulous Anna especially on your wondrous legs.

Loving the black lingerie too and how cute it makes you peachy derriere look.

Definitely sexy and teasing and a concession from me that fishnets can look good.

KtF
:58674be234469_EmojiSmiley-08:

Good for storing onions...

Rikki xx

Just now, Rikki said:

Good for storing onions...

Rikki xx

Ha-Ha Rikki, that's brilliant!

KtF
:58674bddb5b72_EmojiSmiley-01:

3 hours ago, FFANNA said:

This are proper fishnets ... nylon & seamed. Not easy to get unfortunately :(FFA 1.jpg

I have a few pairs with seam's as well. 

There are many seamed fishnets available, but I have trouble finding nylon, vintage, seamed fishnet stockings (exactly as the ones in the picture above).

Can you find them easily ?

6 hours ago, FFANNA said:

There are many seamed fishnets available, but I have trouble finding nylon, vintage, seamed fishnet stockings (exactly as the ones in the picture above).

Can you find them easily ?

I have only found two pairs on eBay. I did find a few pairs of 1940's Queen's Lace stockings that are similar but kind of "messy" looking...

not my photo...but maybe I'll snap a few later! ;)

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 11.03.46 AM.png

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:52 PM, MrsDzineGuy said:

I like the larger opening ones...

I thought they were called 'fence nets'?

I haven't worn any for ages

LH 23.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hooked said:

LH 23.jpg

I'm actually talking a larger opening than that...

s-l300.jpg

23 hours ago, FFANNA said:

This are proper fishnets ... nylon & seamed. Not easy to get unfortunately :(FFA 1.jpg

Absolutely stunning stockings and modelled so perfectly 

13 hours ago, Hooked said:

LH 23.jpg

13 hours ago, MrsDzineGuy said:

I'm actually talking a larger opening than that...

s-l300.jpg

As I said Whale 🐳 nets :58674be0c2f40_EmojiSmiley-06:

Years ago I bought several boxes of WWII vintage Queen's Lace stockings at a flea market. Mine are all in a rich dark brown color although I have dyed some black. 

I will occasionally wear them on a hot summer day but never to work. I agree that they look messy and they lack the wonderful feel of real nylons. I think mine are made of rayon. 

Karen

Greetings there All.

Fishnets,a delight or a bane depending upon numerous factors and particularly should one wear or be one to watch the wearer. Mark me in the camp of like, mostly. Historically, fishnets go back aways. Most have seen scenes in old "wild west" depictions where gals wore them on a stage or even a "saloon" dancing. Those were made with actual rubber sewn into the netting and were incredibly expensive and fragile. How popular they actually were I've no factual knowledge as again, flicks and movies seldom reflect any accuracy just as the "fast gun" was not nearly as fast as presented- holsters and firearms of the times limited the time involved and the "wild west" was not as wild id oft presented though there were some towns that had the general populace do some purging to the point groups of trouble makers would be rounded up and end up swinging at the end of a rope. Mind you little legal process was involved as at the time there was not a lot of law involved. As a result, the word got around pretty quick so wild behavior became pretty self regulated. On a related note: in Canada, expansion west was more controlled and the Canadian Royal Mounties would precede the expansions which kept the wildness factor down considerably. I very much respect that group having met a few over times and have nothing but praise.

Back to the original topic- fishnets I find beguiling if not displayed in an "over the top" manner as has become practice of somewhat recent. I refer especially to the goth/punk era where they were eyesore abundant complete with holes, rips and tears but then again I found nothing from the era to hold any degree of fashion appeal. Yeeech, by comparison, the Disco Era looked FAR better and I HATED all that disco crap, from the monotone beat, simple chord music to the plastic people and in no small part because as a musician, the music was non music. Fishnets with a moderate hemline (at a height where one may or not be wearing "real" stockings as too short removes any possibilities. I like illusions...) and predominately in darker colors. Back in the wacky 60's fishnets as well as hosiery came in a riot of colors, pattern and shades representing those wide open times. Generally, the closer knit types (smallish) hold more appeal as they are more versatile. The larger "whalenets" do have a place- they look better on one with "fuller" legs and particularly among those with naturally darker legs are able to get away with shades like white. This is a generalized view- black girls often are a bit on the "fuller" side and whalenets can have a slimming effect while at the same time hold an eye candy appeal. A couple of black gals I used to work with used this to great effect to the point that most people (guys in particular) overlooked that they did not have that ideal physical shape. Add that they were both fab singers and could really dance helped. Growing up in Detroit made much more possible for a blue eyed cracker to absorb, far more than should I have grown up in "Vanilla Village." 

Finding "real" fishnets is indeed a challenge. Some have no situation wearing them while others as stated find them most unsettling. True Vintage types have a full reinforced foot and usually square Cuban heels with of course a seam. Few contemporary sorts offer anything of the nature and are most often Lycra infused. Such does go a long way to clinging to the leg as they are quite forgiving as to fit. As to the Victory Lace fishnets- they were popular during WWII as few Nylon stocking were available. These were of Rayon with Cotton reinforcements and mostly though not always Cotton welts. As Karen makes note, the vastness were in dark Red Brown. The name was not exclusive as there are examples with other names and was meant to be patriotic as well, the was a war going on. They show up on eBay now and again, I offer them on occasion and for any interested- they need considerable attention paid to proper tension to wear properly as Rayon has little "give" and not keeping them taught results in that "messy" look. However, they can be quite appealing should one care to make the efforts needed to do them right. 

So to conclude, fishnets can be quite the sight. There are many settings where I could see as perhaps not appropriate (back in the 60's they were prohibited in many offices and schools) and I'd not suggest trying to impress a judge in court unless one ids trying to make a special case... As with all, it's a judgement call but having played with a gal who had some chops- she could look make a guitar and fishnets look stunning. I was always in envy of her hubby and lament that we lost contact long ago though enjoyed that they did find success in the business. Anyway, long live fishnets.

Best,

Dworkin 

On 8/7/2017 at 1:04 PM, MrsDzineGuy said:

I have only found two pairs on eBay. I did find a few pairs of 1940's Queen's Lace stockings that are similar but kind of "messy" looking...

not my photo...but maybe I'll snap a few later! ;)

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 11.03.46 AM.png

Mrs. D, have you had a chance to take a few snaps in fish nets yet?  ;)

Mr FG

On 06/08/2017 at 1:17 PM, kate said:

Hi

I often wear fishnets black or natural colours, often I wear sheer tan ot natural coloured stockings under my fishnets.  I also like micronets.

Kate 

A girl after my own heart, I do much the same 😊

11 hours ago, stockingsadmirer68 said:

Fishnets not bad either Shell 😍😍😍

Cheeky. 

I have different colours for different occasions 

2014-07-05 16.10.51.jpg

55 minutes ago, Speshell Legs said:

Cheeky. 

I have different colours for different occasions 

2014-07-05 16.10.51.jpg

Certainly get the right result Shell 😍