Sign in to follow this  
Grob

Website Problems, update essential

6 posts in this topic

After complaining by telephone, twice, I discover that I am not the only person whose drop down menus allowing access to notifications, messages and create simply do not work and only launch the chatroom bubble.  More importantly the drop down menu allowing me to log out does not work.  Something is clearly wrong.  I was assured that work was going on in the background to resolve the issue, however I have noted the inability to log out for at least three days, and this is worrying.

Time for an update please David.  How long is this going to take to repair?

Edited by Grob

While the forums & chat room provide an invaluable link with fellow nylon minded people, as another poster said a few days ago, these are features provided by SHQ at its own cost.

i am sure that our frustration is shared by Dave & everyone else at SHQ, but a little perspective needs to be applied. It's not quite the end of the world and I'm sure efforts are being made to address recent problems.

i, for one, appreciate the forum and retail opportunities that SHQ has provided over the years and continues to provide today. 

What I have found, is that if you click on the photo to go to your account and then click on the name for your account the pop to be able to exit out of teh forums appears.  However, I have only managed to get this to work so far with using Google Chrome.  

As Gillian CD/TV above states, having these issues is not the end of the world and as David is a busy man with running his main business which is selling stockings/lingerie which helps to pay to be able to run these forums, then maybe give David some slack.   This time of year I believe is a busy period for selling stockings/lingerie, so the issues may still be with us until October, when sales drop off until a few weeks before Christmas.     

I guess you can't please everyone! As a free service I appreciate the fact that shq and David are letting us use it at no cost. Thanks to the shq team and David for all the hard work you do!

It seems this is an issue between the website and Firefox.  yesterday I was signed in on IE and Firefox, today I am logged out of IE Hurray, but still logged in and locked in to Firefox.  I must therefore repeat my request to have my account completely closed asap.

i still havent managed to get the chat bubble to load so it appears to work via google chrome does it?